Am I a 'Troll' ? by neverdie

neverdie

As a conneoissieur (with emphasis on the "sieur") of the written word, I sometimes find your posts to be acerbic, wielded with a rapier, to the point, and funny as all hell. Any sarcasm in your posts is to make a point or a mistake - in the former instance, delightful - in the latter instance, you apologize.

So, are you a trollish? Nah, just full of good banter usually stated as opinions or backed up with facts. If that's the definition of a troll, then 90% of us fall into that category <deleted>!

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really this topic should be moved to the pub.

But I don't know how to on my phone.

I forgot to mention, his number is:

085 BIG ARMS.

Look we're in the pub now.

Good innit?

Can we please have two pubs so we have a choice of who to drink with?

• Like 2

Troll? Probably not. Just one of a handful of posters who try a little too hard to be a 'personality' on here.

We all have personalities which do show up here in their written words, take you for instance bah.gif .

PS. Been called a troll many a time and I facepalm.gif as to why, well most of the time...smile.png

As for the OP, he's a breath of fresh air that fears know one here in debate, so 10 out of 10. .

^. I don't have any issue with what you said.

Read the forums rule above. Is a broad thing. Many things I've said here could fall under that defintion in one way or another, even if there was absolutely no intent to have that happen. I wondered about the fine line that seems to exist on this rule and applied it to myself. That's all.

Please don't think too hard. It wasn't suppose to be funny and I don't think ur childish, amusing at time but not childish.

Not trollish either. wink.png

Mr. Neverdie: Are you fishing for compliments with your thread? Or is this the first step of your advertising campain towards the "Troll-Of-The-Year" award?

Must assume that you have been giving a lot of freebies to the Mods - wheter TGAU or containers of badger milk, otherwise you would find yourself in the "Most-Blocked-Per-Year" award voting category cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Read the forums rule above. Is a broad thing. Many things I've said here could fall under that defintion in one way or another, even if there was absolutely no intent to have that happen. I wondered about the fine line that seems to exist on this rule and applied it to myself. That's all.

Please don't think too hard. It wasn't suppose to be funny and I don't think ur childish, amusing at time but not childish.

Mr. Neverdie: Are you fishing for compliments with your thread? Or is this the first step of your advertising campain towards the "Troll-Of-The-Year" award?

Must assume that you have been giving a lot of freebies to the Mods - wheter TGAU or containers of badger milk, otherwise you would find yourself in the "Most-Blocked-Per-Year" award voting category cheesy.gif

Haaaah, fink I will have that honour.......giggle.gif

I had a girlfriend who had attended Catholic school all the way through high school.

Something the nuns taught the girls, it was about shining their shoes:

If you look at your shoes in the morning and ask yourself, "Do they need to be shined?", then yes they need to be shined.

I always thought was was to check whether they had remebered to put on their knickers.

Haaaah, fink I will have that honour.......giggle.gif

Not for Troll-Of-The-Year... there Mr Neverdie is fighting hard against A1Str8... u know the one with all the hi-so girls...

No, you are not a troll.

A troll thinks "Thailand" is "a shop in London that sells ties". A troll is a complete stranger that likes to argue with you about your age (or something else that they "know more about" than you). A troll makes the most ridiculous claims, backed up by Wikipedia of course. A troll....

Don't know about being a troll but I see you have a big following among the public.

Lots of cars with neverdie club stickers in my area. Even one of the mrs instagram friends has named herself as "xxxx loves neverdie"smile.png

Yes, I have a few followers..... But there's only 1 ND.

Send hugs n kisses to the misses friend from me.

IMO, the definition of trolling as laid out here is a bit of a catch-all, such that it can include sarcasm. If someone misses the irony in a comment, for example, they may categorise it as trollish. But what I see as a troll is someone who, in every post, is there to derail topics or start a completely BS topic and/or never offers anyone any relevant info. Banter is a different kettle of fish and you can still stay within the rules. The site wouldn't retain members without it, to be fair, and it can be useful when retorting some weird, assy posts. It's just a shame that some folk find it a bit awkward in dealing with humour. whistling.gif

Thanks Davo,

Well said, exactly my thoughts....only you write much better than me.

Thanks for taking the time out of you busy day to add such a thoughtful reply.

• Like 1

As a conneoissieur (with emphasis on the "sieur") of the written word, I sometimes find your posts to be acerbic, wielded with a rapier, to the point, and funny as all hell. Any sarcasm in your posts is to make a point or a mistake - in the former instance, delightful - in the latter instance, you apologize.

So, are you a trollish? Nah, just full of good banter usually stated as opinions or backed up with facts. If that's the definition of a troll, then 90% of us fall into that category <deleted>!

Wow.

I'm speechless.

At least some people here seem to understand me. Is it that we are sick or them that don't are sick ?

Wait a second......don't answer that :P

Really this topic should be moved to the pub.

But I don't know how to on my phone.

I forgot to mention, his number is:

085 BIG ARMS.

Look we're in the pub now.

Good innit?

I hope they both have wheel chair access.....which is good to get the wheeled type into the premises and even bett for getting the non wheel chaired type out.

Can I drink at your pub H? I hope they serve a pot of tea there.

Troll? Probably not. Just one of a handful of posters who try a little too hard to be a 'personality' on here.

We all have personalities which do show up here in their written words, take you for instance bah.gif .

PS. Been called a troll many a time and I facepalm.gif as to why, well most of the time...smile.png

As for the OP, he's a breath of fresh air that fears know one here in debate, so 10 out of 10. .

I'd like to tell a real life war story at this point....but it's way off topic.

I see there are many people struggling to understand what I'm on about.....that's completely my fault.

Freebies to mods. Hardly. I imagine I come up in their mod forum from time to time, they probably wish they had somebody suitably qualified to deal with me, psychologically that is.

I'm not fishing for compliments, but I just see a blurred line between a troll and myself. I can walk around thinking all that or I can ask my TVF peers and associates for their opinion. No harm done, big boy, broad shoulders and thick head.

I've never won anything and can't imagine I ever will. Not bothered by that either.

No, you are not a troll.

A troll thinks "Thailand" is "a shop in London that sells ties". A troll is a complete stranger that likes to argue with you about your age (or something else that they "know more about" than you). A troll makes the most ridiculous claims, backed up by Wikipedia of course. A troll....

:)

THANKYOU.

• Like 1

ND is not a troll, he's a bleedin' fairy.

Fairy? W t f ?
You know, friends of pixies and the lost boys.

Lost boys. Lol.

Ur from the old school Gaz, I like that.

I like your plane stories too.

I'm surprised my haters haven't visited.

Only wotawit got worked up about me not typing his full nic out, witawotawit, or whatever it is.

Having said all of that, I'm still a bit confused about this troll thing.

ND is not a troll, he's a bleedin' fairy.

Fairy? W t f ?

Nothing wrong with being at the bottom of the garden...........thumbsup.gif ......Been laid out there a few times..........burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

Been laid in the garden. Classy. Lol

I hope they both have wheel chair access.....which is good to get the wheeled type into the premises and even bett for getting the non wheel chaired type out.

Coffee neverdie....cannot trust anyone else to mash a good pot of Darjeeling.

Nothing wrong with being at the bottom of the garden...........thumbsup.gif ......Been laid out there a few times..........burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

I beleive he means "laid out", as in blotto and in no state to get "laid" in the garden.

Transam wakes up surrounded by garden gnomes and thinks he still Pis5ed.

Coffee neverdie....cannot trust anyone else to mash a good pot of Darjeeling.

Fair enuf....but crap coffee is bad too. Cripes.

I beleive he means "laid out", as in blotto and in no state to get "laid" in the garden.

Transam wakes up surrounded by garden gnomes and thinks he still Pis5ed.

He's an animal. Don't know how his decrepit old body holds up to all that abuse. He must be 103, but I'd admit he only looks late 80ies, early 90ies.

• Like 1