gripe! about website loading! gripe!

klauskunkel

It's one of these days again. Received my TV newsletter, the coffee is hot, the croissant is buttered. Time to read the news, except I can't:

'This page can't be displayed

- make sure the web address blah, blah, blah

- more blah suggestions'

It doesn't happen often, but enough times to be annoying. Maybe once a month...does it have to do with the moon cycle?

From 8am today until now 11 am can't open any newsletter links, logging on to the website directly takes 5 agonizing minutes to load. Any other website in the world loads no problem, even Yahoo! So, face it, dear TV execs, you have a popular site. People like to read it. Many people. At the same time. Whatchagonnado?

my coffee is cold, my croissant is stale, I am sad.

Hi Klaus,

What is your ISP?

What is your browser? Have you tried to use Chrome or Firefox? Is your browser updated?

Please set your DNS to be Google DNS (8.8.8.8) instead of your ISP's DNS.

Hi George,

I have TrueInternet ADSL, My browser is IE 11, fully updated

At this time TV website loads just fine as usual

It was only this morning for about 4 hours, when TV would not load - while any other website would work just fine.

• Like 1

In situations like this I would suggest you download and use a free in-Browser Extension proxy/vpn service like the "Hola! browser extension".

You can invoke it on a domain-by-domain case, and turn the feature On/Off from the Browser menu bar.

These types of extensions, and Hola! in particular, uses another computer located in another country to make your Internet Browser connection on your behalf. While some people use this feature to get around geo-location issues, it can also be used to 'force' your Internet Browser packet traffic to take another path (avoiding the current path that is causing you issues for the particular website).

When I have temporary connection issues with certain sites, I'll usually choose Singapore as my Hola! proxy country. Speeds right up, all graphics loading, displays as it should. Normally, invoking Hola! and connecting through another country always solves the issue for me. After a while I switch it off when the standard routing connection is clear again.

Usually when it doesn't work it'll mean there's an issue directly with the server site and I'll just try back later.

I'm going to say that most of the issues people are reporting are to either DNS resolve issues, heavy packet congestion, packet loss and forced resends, or poor routing out of Thailand. When there are actual server issues I get weird responses from ThaiVisa's server provider ... I usually forward these on to George, but these are few and far between.

Just wanted to pass the idea along.

• Like 1