Yingluck's lawyer submits more documents for NLA to ponder

webfact

Yingluck’s lawyer submits more documents for NLA to ponder

21-11-2557-13-52-48-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The lawyer of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today submitted more documents to the National Legislative Assembly to consider before impeaching her for alleged negligence of duties.

The lawyer Worawit Laleng submitted documents relevant to resolutions of her cabinet and of the national rice policy committee to the NLA with request that the NLA looked through them first before starting the impeachment process against Ms Yingluck for neglect of duties in supervising the rice-pledging scheme.

The lawyer claimed the National Anti-Corruption Committee (NACC) did not take these documents to study, thus making its indictment of the former prime minister unfair.

He then asked the NLA to deliberate these documents before it starts the impeachment.

The lawyer also said he was not told yet if Ms Yingluck will appear at the NLA to defend the charges brought against her by the NACC.

The NLA scheduled November 28 as the first day to begin the impeachment process.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yinglucks-lawyer-submits-documents-nla-ponder

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-21

Maybe some details about the present leader and his oppos business interests, I think the revealing of those would quickly end any worry Yingluck had of prosecution.

Wishful thinking......these are the elite.....they rarely "dob" in one another.

She made a much better PM than her brother. I know she messed up alot but it was only because she was forced to obey Thaksins every whim. If he hadn't insisted in an amnesty of all his convivted crimes then she could have been PM today. A corrupt government cannot operate anymore, people have had enough. They want a government of the people that serves the people, not the Shinawatra family.

She made a much better PM than her brother. I know she messed up alot but it was only because she was forced to obey Thaksins every whim. If he hadn't insisted in an amnesty of all his convivted crimes then she could have been PM today. A corrupt government cannot operate anymore, people have had enough. They want a government of the people that serves the people, not the Shinawatra family.

As if next to a stuttering parrot we needed a parrot fish, what a zoo it's getting here... Different babble (bubble), but makes as much sense as the other one, IMO...

• Like 1

I don't get this procedure.

Her lawyer provides documents to dissuade them from impeaching her? Surely a bit ass about face isn't it?

well if I was the one deciding on the documents to stop the proceedings I would only consider ones showing she was dumber than a board fence and had no idea of what the committee she chaired was doing as it was to complicated for her.

That would be grounds for not impeaching her on this particular subject.

Yinglucks legal team are doing great work under the circumstances .

The smear campaign is in full swing they are being denied witnesses and yet they finding ways to show what a witch hunt this is.

Dead in the water!

Stuttering Parrot... Do you whip yourself off every night to a photo of Yinluck... This rice pledging scheme was,if not the biggest, then almost the daddy of all PTP scams to extract and rob the Thai taxpayers of their moneys.. From the buying of the rice to the storage and the collection, everything about this scheme was rotten to the core. And she put herself in charge of it.. The captain of the sinking ship MUST take the blame.... 700 Billion baht which could have been spent on something much more important to the Thai taxpayer was looted by politicians,millers and middlemen .. The money trail should be followed... and we all have our ideas where much of it went.. Get a life Parrot.. facepalm.gif

Just out of curiosity. I wonder if they will show who the owners of the storage facilities that had to be built to hold the rice in are. I am figuring there was some good money made there. Can't say as I have heard them complaining of lack of payment. Now that I think of it were the storage prices even reasonable?

Where did these new documents come from?? His ass?? Why where they not submited months ago with the other documents. If I was the NLA top man I would throw them back in his face and tell him to sod off as these have these documents are beyond the deadline.

Well, Yingluck's lawyers did ask me for my old school records to add to the pile of irrelevant 'evidence' they are submitting.

The NAAC's reputation is on the line and they WILL go to trial so there is no stopping the trial. If Yingluck's lawyers actually had a defense, they wouldn't mind waiting for the trial where they can bring out all the evidence the NAAC won't look at and make the NAAC look like fools for bringing the case to court. That is, IF they really have evidence to clear Ms. Yingluck. Personally, I feel they are stalling for time; trying to work out details of bribes and such. I agree that even if she is found guilty, the penalty will be minimal and, compared to the scope of the damage to the country, a bad joke. It's too bad they can't get the Mastermind of the scheme in the docket.

• Like 1

Really, you seriously think she is a better PM than her brother? Thaksin was a better PM by galaxies, he was just greedy but he was a smart man. He can talk about policies all day long. She never answered any question during the meetings, never debated with anyone and, always passing questions on to other MPs. She barely attended any of the meetings as the chair of the National Rice Policy Committee. The only credit I would giver her is that she was very graceful in public and did not crack under pressure.

Yea, too bad Thaksin brought her down, but if it weren't for Thaksin she would have not been elected to begin with.

• Like 2

Where did these new documents come from?? His ass?? Why where they not submited months ago with the other documents. If I was the NLA top man I would throw them back in his face and tell him to sod off as these have these documents are beyond the deadline.

You are so right. Should have been submitted months ago. You know, it reminds of a teenager trying to learn to drive a manual car. It goes like this, Stall, Stall, Stall, Stall and Stall.

There won't even be an impeachment. Too much infiltration into the NLA by a certain figure.

However there will be a criminal case and I can see it ending with a very mild sentence, but enough to ever have her back in politics because of a criminal conviction.

Job done, but once again Thailand loses and the money won't be coming back.

You better tell Thaksin he is not supposed to be "running" a political party, perhaps he is not aware of the law. whistling.gif