Why Does A Successful Intelligent Farang Marry A Bar Girl

terry57

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why Does A Successful Intelligent Farang Marry A Bar Girl?
:o

A Successful Intelligent Farang is probably:

confident enough to know that the girl is not only interested in his money;

intelligent enough to understand that life is too short to give up the chance of finding the love of life just because of a person's job;

not as stupid to think of himself as anyone more superior to others just because of the jobs they are in;

strong enough not to give a flying ass on how others in the society think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only stupid and inferior people need to think of themselves as better than others just because of their social status!

What amazes me is the people who come here & get married too quickly without really knowing their future ex-wife. You wouldn't marry someone back home after only knowing them for a few weeks, but that happens here especially with people visiting for a few weeks a couple of times a year. Whether a bg or a middle or upper class lass, high chances of failure. Take yor time chaps, marriage is supposedly for life.
Marriage is just about a piece of paper. What is so baffling? May I know how long is the right time to get married?
You wouldn't marry someone back home after only knowing them for a few weeks,
No, I wouldn't because I don't need to.
but that happens here especially with people visiting for a few weeks a couple of times a year.
We had to in order to be together.
Whether a bg or a middle or upper class lass, high chances of failure.
Why?
marriage is supposedly for life.
That's what you think. Not everyone is the same.

confident enough to know that the girl is not only interested in his money;

intelligent enough to understand that life is too short to give up the chance of finding the love of life just because of a person's job;

not as stupid to think of himself as anyone more superior to others just because of the jobs they are in;

strong enough not to give a flying ass on how others in the society think.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only stupid and inferior people need to think of themselves as better than others just because of their social status!

Or simply ... a Successful Intelligent Farang WOULDN'T ...

... able to deal with discussions on the internet regarding bargirls/marriage to bargirls without throwing a fit or trying to get threads regarding said subject (or any subject for that matter) shut down.

:D

... able to deal with discussions on the internet regarding bargirls/marriage to bargirls without throwing a fit or trying to get threads regarding said subject (or any subject for that matter) shut down.

:D

I have no idea what you are talking about. :D

Boo

Actually, KerryK is not really far off base on this one. I've heard that it was upwards of 20- 50%, as told to me by a Chulalongkorn-educated, female university graduate with whom I worked, and she was quoting a Thai study 3 years ago.

Upwards of 20-50% of university female students in Thailand can be bought for sexual-services?

Pls post the link of this study carried out 3 years back.

I have never read or heard of any such study conducted by a reputable source.

Edited by stevesuphan

Boo

Actually, KerryK is not really far off base on this one. I've heard that it was upwards of 20- 50%, as told to me by a Chulalongkorn-educated, female university graduate with whom I worked, and she was quoting a Thai study 3 years ago.

Upwards of 20-50% of university female students in Thailand can be bought for sexual-services?

When in Chula next I will propositon a few girls. If the study is correct than 1 out of every 2 (50%) will say "yes" and go home with me. However, If I get slapped, than we can assumed the study is bogus. Any idea how much I should offer?

When in Chula next I will propositon a few girls. If the study is correct than 1 out of every 2 (50%) will say "yes" and go home with me. However, If I get slapped, than we can assumed the study is bogus. Any idea how much I should offer?

Don't mention an amount... discuss this only after she (invariably) agrees... :o

totster :D

It won't be accurate if you have the looks of Brad Pitt!

Also if you offer 10baht you might get less than 1% whilst offering a million baht might get a rate of over 80%.

Those so-called researchs! :D:o:D

The denial on this thread and frankly in many other places on this forum is startling.Why can't it be accepted that there are major and sometimes crippling issues to deal with when marrying a prostitute? Whether Thai or not is probably not very relevant except for the additional burden of cultural misunderstanding.I'm not condemning and in fact I understand some of the reasons very well, particularly for those coming from a sexually repressive English background.

Incidentally am I alone in thinking that posters who constantly use the word "<deleted>" rarely have anything interesting to say?

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way. That is not true in the West.

Absolute nonsense!! What are you basing your figures on? 10-50% of Thai university students are prostitutes - really! Is this what 'your lady' told you? and how many university students does she know in Thailand exactly to base this on?

I totally agree 100% with Kerry on this, and I would say its closer to the 50% mark, if not much higher ! A prostitute is not a girl that works in a bar, its a girl who sleeps with a guy for money, and trust me students are the number 1 for it !!

I never believed this until I seen it with my own eyes and how easy it was, a good friend of mine showed me and I couldnt believe it ! 1st time was in MBK Bangkok, for anyone who knows it theres a floor which has about 200+ shops selling mobile phones. On a weekend at its peak there are 500+ girls working there who are mostly students working for extra money. If you go to the stall and simply say "Ha Roy baht" (do not say 500 baht) MOST of them will go with you, if the person you ask says no her mate will ! Ridiculous you may say but im telling you, its true ! I did it myself.

Just in case it was just sheer pot luck (of course I didnt go asking the whole floor to confirm it) I asked a Thai friend of mine who is a well clued up business man in Bangkok and he clarified it was true, he actually laughed at me for my lack of basic common knowledge !

It is not just MBK, I have seen it everywhere in all the usual hangouts for students, Bangkok Uni, student discos where theres not a farang in site.... Prince of Songkla University in Phuket is another, bursting with students all available for a bit of extra money ! Rajabhat University in Udon Thani is the one that my mate ranks number 1 in Thailand for cheap sex, hes there now.

Now of course if you asked your TGF if this was true what is she going to say ? Is she going to say "Yes darling, any you want for 500 baht" or is she going to tell you its a load of rubbish ? Of course shes going to tell you its not true, if they didnt there would be farangs running around MBK and all the university hang outs looking for sex !!

You guys just dont know how much prostitution there is out there, you all think it circulates around the obvious places like girlie bars, you are so wrong !

Now our friend terry57 knows what im onabout dont you mate ? :D:o

I never believed this until I seen it with my own eyes and how easy it was, a good friend of mine showed me and I couldnt believe it ! 1st time was in MBK Bangkok, for anyone who knows it theres a floor which has about 200+ shops selling mobile phones. On a weekend at its peak there are 500+ girls working there who are mostly students working for extra money. If you go to the stall and simply say "Ha Roy baht" (do not say 500 baht) MOST of them will go with you, if the person you ask says no her mate will ! Ridiculous you may say but im telling you, its true ! I did it myself.
I am willing to go with you together and prove it!!!

If more than 10% do go, I'll give 100k baht. If less, you just kiss my arse!

What do you think?

I don't want to argue with some one who has completely agreed with my post - however - on the one hand you agree that virginity is still valued in Thailand, and because of this prostitution is the only access to sex for many non married men - but on the other you claim up to 50% of Thai university students, (who obviously belong to the higher echelons of thai society) are getting paid for sex. Now I've seen these articles and polls too in the Bangkok post that give some credence to this - but I've also seen many surveys and polls in the Bangkok post on a variety of subjects that are clearly highly dubious based on a poor sample and liberally interpreted. In Japan I've heard similar stories how a high percentage of Japanese high school students have a much older 'sugar daddy' that provide material gifts in return for sex - however a recent comprehensive survey rubbished this and put the percentage at less than 2%. Now there may be certain colleges in Thailand where this goes on more than others - but i doubt at any genuine Thai 'public universities' (not a ratchapat or a private university which are just colleges of further education under a misleading name) this is the case at all - urban myth, rumour and in some cases wishful thinking!

I absolutely see your point about the numbers and the contradictions. However, although virginity is still highly valued in many respects, it is changing, especially among the young, urban, middle-class and the young people who copy them. It is actually in a stage that is neither wholly traditional or modern.

As for the numbers on university students, I am very receptive to your argument, however - answer me this: how exactly does a credible researcher control for sample and authenticity of statements on an issue that is hidden as much as possible? For this reason, I don't quite trust the

%2 percent report (Japanese study) either. I think credible research (in this case) would have to rely on ethnographic observations rather than sample size.

Boo

Well, it's quite easy to dismiss sources as reptuable or not, isn't it? As I said earlier, I don't have a link for this particular research, because I didn't see it. I was quoting what a university-educated Thai female researcher told me, from a Thai source that she read. There was zero reason for her to make it up. As for the source, well, your guess is as good as mine, but if you pay attention to the newspapers, something near this statistic will come up again from time to time as I've seen myself.

Boo

Well, I think you assume a little too much. Just because some university students (male and female) are involved in sex work, doesn't necessarily mean they are involved on the farang end, which would be considered low class to students at the better universities. Remember, the farang end is just the tip, and there are all kinds of services at the top end that cater to Thai gentlemen clubs :o

Do you really think rich Thai men are going to cavort with the same women as farangs in the bar scene? If you do, you really know very little about sex services in Thailand.

edit

Edited by kat

I am willing to go with you together and prove it!!!

If more than 10% do go, I'll give 100k baht. If less, you just kiss my arse!

What do you think?

Funny enough, that was pretty similar to what I said to my mate before I went :o

Is that 100K for each 10% over and above the 1st 10% ? Gee, you must be one ugly mother to be that confident of a knock back ! :D

Well, I think you assume a little too much. Just because some university students (male and female) are involved in sex work, doesn't necessarily mean they are involved on the farang end, which would be considered low class to students at the better universities. Remember, the farang end is just the tip, and there are all kinds of services at the top end that cater to Thai gentlemen clubs :o

Do you really think rich Thai men are going to cavort with the same women as farangs in the bar scene? If you do, you really know very little about sex services in Thailand.

edit

I am still waiting for the answer to your comment that 20-50% of Thai university students 'sell sexual-services'.

Pls send me the link.

Just cause i want to know the source of your links governing Prostitution & University Students doesn't mean that you can suddenly try to defend yourself and call me a Farang that doesn't know about Thai sex-workers. Perhaps these statistics from TVs finest ought to be posted on Thailand's top Thai language forums!???

Edited by stevesuphan

I am still waiting for the answer to your comment that 20-50% of Thai university students 'sell sexual-services'.

Pls send me the link.

Just cause i want to know the source of your links governing Prostitution & University Students doesn't mean that you can suddenly try to defend yourself and call me a Farang that doesn't know about Thai sex-workers. Perhaps these statistics from TVs finest ought to be posted on Thailand's top Thai language forums!???

"Jai yen yen". I think the farang Kat was referring to was Ozone.(or maybe not?)

I am sure Kat is going to do a research to find you the link. And for now, please be patient. You see, researchs take days if not years to be done. :o

The denial on this thread and frankly in many other places on this forum is startling.Why can't it be accepted that there are major and sometimes crippling issues to deal with when marrying a prostitute? Whether Thai or not is probably not very relevant except for the additional burden of cultural misunderstanding.I'm not condemning and in fact I understand some of the reasons very well, particularly for those coming from a sexually repressive English background.

Incidentally am I alone in thinking that posters who constantly use the word "<deleted>" rarely have anything interesting to say?

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way. That is not true in the West.

Absolute nonsense!! What are you basing your figures on? 10-50% of Thai university students are prostitutes - really! Is this what 'your lady' told you? and how many university students does she know in Thailand exactly to base this on?

I totally agree 100% with Kerry on this, and I would say its closer to the 50% mark, if not much higher ! A prostitute is not a girl that works in a bar, its a girl who sleeps with a guy for money, and trust me students are the number 1 for it !!

Just in case it was just sheer pot luck (of course I didnt go asking the whole floor to confirm it) I asked a Thai friend of mine who is a well clued up business man in Bangkok and he clarified it was true, he actually laughed at me for my lack of basic common knowledge !

It is not just MBK, I have seen it everywhere in all the usual hangouts for students, Bangkok Uni, student discos where theres not a farang in site.... Prince of Songkla University in Phuket is another, bursting with students all available for a bit of extra money ! Rajabhat University in Udon Thani is the one that my mate ranks number 1 in Thailand for cheap sex, hes there now.

Now of course if you asked your TGF if this was true what is she going to say ? Is she going to say "Yes darling, any you want for 500 baht" or is she going to tell you its a load of rubbish ? Of course shes going to tell you its not true, if they didnt there would be farangs running around MBK and all the university hang outs looking for sex !!

You guys just dont know how much prostitution there is out there, you all think it circulates around the obvious places like girlie bars, you are so wrong !

Now our friend terry57 knows what im onabout dont you mate ? uote]

umm,

well if you say so tax im down with that, cause your a real true blue strait shooting bloke, tell it how it is, never say die cobber of mine.

where sort of partners in crime you might say, bit like superman, fighting against evil in the land of los trying to save poor old john from a fate worse than death.

and me and you know what this dont we old mate ? :D

B.T.W. you been hanging out on me tax, :D

i just about live in that frigging floor full of telephones and lovely looking thai babes at M.B.K. :D

umm, thats when im not eating noodle soup in that top restaurant on the 5th floor. :D

cricky's tax, i did'nt know that those girls all put out for 500 baht ? :D

look fella, im going there right now armed with this top bit of inside information. :D

if i mention your name do you recon ill be up for a discount ?

i recon your the best friend ive ever had tax and hope you live for ever. :D

cheers mate :o:D:D

i just about live in that frigging floor full of telephones and lovely looking thai babes at M.B.K. :D

umm, thats when im not eating noodle soup in that top restaurant on the 5th floor. :D

look fella, im going there right now armed with this top bit of inside information. :o

How do you manage that when you are in the Uk and not even in Thailand Terry? :D

look fella, im going there right now armed with this top bit of inside information. :o

How do you manage that when you are in the Uk and not even in Thailand Terry? :D

Now our friend terry57 knows what im onabout dont you mate ? uote]

umm,

well if you say so tax im down with that, cause your a real true blue strait shooting bloke, tell it how it is, never say die cobber of mine.

where sort of partners in crime you might say, bit like superman, fighting against evil in the land of los trying to save poor old john from a fate worse than death.

and me and you know what this dont we old mate ? :D

B.T.W. you been hanging out on me tax, :D

look fella, im going there right now armed with this top bit of inside information. :D

if i mention your name do you recon ill be up for a discount ?

i recon your the best friend ive ever had tax and hope you live for ever. :D

cheers mate :o:D:D

Seriously dude, give it a wirl ! Hey your a cracking guy and all that but if your dog ugly it might take a few attempts ok ? Just mention my name, they all know me !

I would love to come and join you r kid, anythings better than listening to all the boring rambling thats going on in here, irritating bull*hit about "research" !

Theres only one kind of research, thats getting off your arse and going having a look yourself, and not boring your life away on depressing forums !!

Well, I am sure we are all thrilled to hear your advice. This thread has gone completely off topic and turned into yet another thread about bar girls --not about marrying them, mind you, or the men who marry them, but just about girls and sex.

Last chance for some intelligent discussion and then its over. Don't let me down, I know I can count on you to screw it up :o

cricky's lacoste, you got to get your facts right old fella.

here let me fill you in a bit as i think you been smoking that wacky tabbacy or something.

A im a freaking aussie fella, from freo in perth.

you trying to be funny telling an aussie he's from old blighty. jesus lacoste them are fighting words so you better be frigging carefull ok !!!

B. heres another bit of brain storming for you so you better get <deleted> ready ok.

im sitting in rambuttri street banglam frigging poo.

i hope you know where that is ?

LOOK ILL HELP YOU AS YOU DONT SEEM TO FREAKING BRIGHT TO ME.

its no were near frigging england ok.

actually its just around the corner from the grand palace mate and if you dont believe you can come over and buy me 25 beers for being so silly.

C taxin is the best bloody mate ive ever had in my whole freaking life so dont mess with me dude or taxin will stick a knife in your back bottom.

hope you will say you are sorry to my good self and all is forgiven.

good night and im of to M.B.K. to see taxin's girl friends who will give me a good shag on the cheap.

:o:D:D