I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut

Lite Beer

Is the survey that shows about 75% of Thai people support this bloke made up? Seems in the main that the Thai citizens are pleased post junta.

75% ?? Absolutely made up. The right number is 93%.

As if the 93% figure isn't made up.. The actual percentage is south of 30% as even quite a few supporters of the "democrats" aren't happy with this lot.

• Like 1

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands up all those who think that Thailand is worse, more dangerous, unhappier place than it was under YL last year? If so try, to explain to yourself the reasons why. The other "D" word "Democracy was not working. It had been hijacked & corrupted. It will be re-invented next year, hopefully in a form that benefits all Thais not just the New Rich & self privileged, or the old rich & self privileged of either Central or North Thailand persuasion.

• Like 2

Is the survey that shows about 75% of Thai people support this bloke made up? Seems in the main that the Thai citizens are pleased post junta.

As if the 97% figure isn't made up.. The actual percentage is south of 30% as even quite a few supporters of the "democrats" aren't happy with this lot.

Where did you pull the 30% figure from? I can guess.

As if the 97% figure isn't made up.. The actual percentage is south of 30% as even quite a few supporters of the "democrats" aren't happy with this lot.

Where did you pull the 30% figure from? I can guess.

That figure is just as reliable as the junta figure, considering only 626 community leaders were asked. Something about sample quantity and sample diversification. Don't even mention this if you want to be taken seriously..

• Like 2

Hands up all those who think that Thailand is worse, more dangerous, unhappier place than it was under YL last year? If so try, to explain to yourself the reasons why. The other "D" word "Democracy was not working. It had been hijacked & corrupted. It will be re-invented next year, hopefully in a form that benefits all Thais not just the New Rich & self privileged, or the old rich & self privileged of either Central or North Thailand persuasion.

" It will be re-invented next year, hopefully in a form that benefits all Thais not just the New Rich & self privileged, or the old rich & self privileged of either Central or North Thailand persuasion. " - aaah, how sweet!

..... now, back to Thailand.........

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 2

<He said the government was acting as a referee or an organiser of the process, and was not a player.>

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.

(Plato, c.370BC)

Funnily enough, this quotation is often used in relation to Mao. ... and I suppose before him for Stalin, Hitler, Napoleon ... each, I'm sure claimed that they were pressed into the service of the people to save / protect them. There must be an example of a similar situation that didn't go awry, ... but I can't readily think of one.

• Like 1

" It will be re-invented next year, hopefully in a form that benefits all Thais not just the New Rich & self privileged, or the old rich & self privileged of either Central or North Thailand persuasion. " - aaah, how sweet!

..... now, back to Thailand.........

Exactly, the army is running the show, corrupt to the core and trigger happy to all thais, be it students redshirts or southeners..

es he is not a dictator

not a diplomat(l'ost patience with the press)

not A business diploma experience,Now loosing confidence with international press about touristm market.

Soon he will loose control on the new generation who want democratic gouv.(has Obama ask)

I beleive he s doing his best,no dought about it.

But it is possible to take out a general out of army,but,not take out his army mind of him.

He claims to have saved this country from violent protests but according to Suthep who has now gone into hiding as a monk, Prayuth and Suthep conspired together for several years to stage this coup. The protests were simply a part of the overal plan which Prayuth would conveniently rescue the country from. He claims not to have conspired the coup because according the Thai law which has been likely torn up by now, conspiring to stage a coup is punishable by imprisonment or death. Suthep was bragging at a party about their years long plan and then Prayuth ordered him to shut his big mouth and dissapear so Suthep who has a mouth that never shuts up imprisoned himself in a monastery to stay out of trouble as they are both facing the death penalty after democratic forces regain control which is only a matter of time. No wonder hes so nervous and angry and defensive?

Power always comes in cycles the reds are down now and the yellows are up but later the reds will be up again thats the way life is. This so called reconcilliation is a farce since noone is allowed to say anything?

My first thought was to make a list of famous 'D's' and to note what happened to them in the end (Hitler, Mussolini, Vidal, Ceausescu, Saddam and Ghaddafi for example). Those were either killed by their own people, commited suicide with enemies at the gate or died in prison.

However, East Asia seems to have some of the 'best' D's.

Kim Il Sung-Died a natural death- a 'hero and god' to his own (brainwashed) people.

Kim Jong Il-See above

Pol Pot- Died after years of a half arsed 'house arrest'. He was living better than 99.9% of Cambodians and surrounded by family and friends. Although, he 'may' have commited suicide after a new trial was agreed.

Chaiman Mao: Died a hero etc.

Ho Chi Minh: As above

The Marcos': Ferdy died of illnes in luxury in Honalulu. Divisive but free to treat their country as their own bank account.

Suharto: Flags at half mast when he died of illness. Purged around 15billion US dollars from his impoverished nation. Knew how to bring up his kids. Two sent to prison, one of them for murder.

Why should Asians listen to westerners about democracy when they've got this 'D' malarkey all sussed out?

BTW, I thought your post was brilliantthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What next? A ban of people crossing arms in public?

This is the bodylanguage of someone not happy more so than 3 fingers.

I think he deserves a one-finger salute!

Well spoken, Spermwhale!!!!! clap2.gif

Happier at least... I remember some nice jokes that made all of Thailand crack up: "Thank you three times!" or "Roads make of Konorkread..." at least we had a good laugh. All we have now is an angry untouchable bully person who believes that a sexy dressed tourist is resposible for her own death, because she was born beautiful and should have perhaps acted and dressed "unsexy", someone, who vowed to take out the mafia, corruption, etc. just to find that everything has gotten worse to then finally f.... the common man on the street, opposing students, and foreign long termers and investors. Him reinventing democracy? My back-end!

Edited by MockingJay
  • Like 1

recent official warnings from uk,australia government?

• Like 1

Hands up if you think YL can use her position as PM to help her family finacially and whitewash their criminal convictions?

Had a good and loooooong sleep??

You clearly have missed a minor "incident" that took place May 22nd!!

(Your little darling is not the PM anymore, and hopefully never will be it again)

Democracy do every country good it means it is run by the people for the people

And as he does not believe in that he does more harm to the country then anybody els

He if he was true would protect democracy as he do not makes him dictator and of course gonna make the country problems same like before

I don't understand him why he thinks thais are stupid so they can not run there own country

I can say my wife learned A lot in the 7 years I been here and are more than cable of making the right decision and I know many others there can do same and I think they like to create there own future and do not need somebody to tell them but need somebody with same or similar interest to lead the country and thaksin yingluck where peable the most Thai cut relate to in trust of a better future which is why they got the most wotes and if he as a soldier has a honer in life he should respect this the most and give the Thais there rights to choose there own future no matter if sutep or he likes it or not

So he is harming the country and indeed the Thais who is very competent in running there own country

So what does he mean I can truly say I don't think he understand and this is the only major problem

Hands up if you think YL can use her position as PM to help her family finacially and whitewash their criminal convictions?

as sad attempt to dichotomies the situation garnished with a dash of non-sequitur

Truth be told i dont have a problem at all with this. Ive seen plenty of laws passed through the house of commons on the last session of parliament that wouldnt make it through in a full house due entirely to bogus scheduling when most MPs are racing back home to begin their holidays. its the nature of the game. If a law can be passed by a party, then its a law unless there is a mechanism in the state's constitution to prevent this. And given that there are very few existing direct democracies in the world (almost all i believe are representative), then its the nature of the beast that they can push for a vote on just about anything they like as individuals (without any consideration to their constituents other than "will they vote for me again?"). So long as they can find a way to schedule it through the appropriate legislative channels and it passes the checks set up through the constitution (codified or otherwise), then its a law. I have no problems with this at all. They were elected by the people to represent them. They won the ballot. If they can rustle up the votes, they get to make new legislation. Thats what theyre elected to do.

But back to the above: were the senate to have not then blocked it (the senate of course did block it), the courts certainly would have. Thus: checks and balances. And in this case it looks like the system worked, no? The funny thing is that as the protests intensified, the amnesty bill actually would have cost PTP a HUGE amount of votes. With the funding for rice payments also around the corner at the time, it would have led to an absolute political catastrophe for PTP in their heartlands which the democrats, or parties allied to the democrats would have easily capitalised on. The tragedy is that this would have actually led to a more mature and stronger democracy. When a former entrenched area begins to split up, the campaign to retain or contest this seat becomes more focused on individual and personal self interest over ideological group identity. Further, in showing their political maturity in campaigning to hold PTP to account as well as illustrating their own capacity to govern, Thailand would be the winner. With a strong shadow government in place and holding the government of the day to account, the need for political intervention by the people is significantly reduced and indeed becomes more ridiculous.

So in answer to the question above. Yes! I agree wholeheartedly in it. And i agree with it because there is an electoral price to be paid for these acts in a democracy (whether mature, or moving toward maturity). It is an essential aspect of party led representative democracy. Political actions should have political consequences and the electorate should be allowed to make their minds up about how they view the behavior of their elected representative and the party they represent. If a party promises jam tomorrow with massive populist policies or instigates legislation that may be construed as being self-interested, then the electorate should be allowed to completely buy into it and support their representative if they like. They should be allowed to completely ignore the facts and vote on personalities instead if thats what they want. They should be allowed 100% to engage to a level they feel entirely comfortable with as an individual. Above all, even if those politicians were the worst scum of the world (within the limits of the constitution) to everyone in the country except them and their group, individuals should be entirely free to keep on voting for them for as long as they like. Because there will come a reckoning. And when it comes, that party will pay heavily at the ballot box. There will always be a reckoning. Thats what makes democracy fantastic. Its a pity that yet another power grab (by the leadership of the democrats) has once again held back the chances of the democrats to govern legitimately for another generation. Until the Democrats become a true force in Thai Democracy, Thailand will still be stuck with a dysfunctional and immature democracy. Thailand needs the Democrats to hold their own constituents to account and lead through the ballot box. Only then will Thailand be back on the path to democracy.

Edited by inutil
  • Like 1

as sad attempt to dichotomies the situation garnished with a dash of non-sequitur

Truth be told i dont have a problem at all with this. Ive seen plenty of laws passed through the house of commons on the last session of parliament that wouldnt make it through in a full house due entirely to bogus scheduling when most MPs are racing back home to begin their holidays. its the nature of the game. If a law can be passed by a party, then its a law unless there is a mechanism in the state's constitution to prevent this. And given that there are very few existing direct democracies in the world (almost all i believe are representative), then its the nature of the beast that they can push for a vote on just about anything they like as individuals (without any consideration to their constituents other than "will they vote for me again?"). So long as they can find a way to schedule it through the appropriate legislative channels and it passes the checks set up through the constitution (codified or otherwise), then its a law. I have no problems with this at all. They were elected by the people to represent them. They won the ballot. If they can rustle up the votes, they get to make new legislation. Thats what theyre elected to do.

But back to the above: were the senate to have not then blocked it (the senate of course did block it), the courts certainly would have. Thus: checks and balances. And in this case it looks like the system worked, no? The funny thing is that as the protests intensified, the amnesty bill actually would have cost PTP a HUGE amount of votes. With the funding for rice payments also around the corner at the time, it would have led to an absolute political catastrophe for PTP in their heartlands which the democrats, or parties allied to the democrats would have easily capitalised on. The tragedy is that this would have actually led to a more mature and stronger democracy. When a former entrenched area begins to split up, the campaign to retain or contest this seat becomes more focused on individual and personal self interest over ideological group identity. Further, in showing their political maturity in campaigning to hold PTP to account as well as illustrating their own capacity to govern, Thailand would be the winner. With a strong shadow government in place and holding the government of the day to account, the need for political intervention by the people is significantly reduced and indeed becomes more ridiculous.

So in answer to the question above. Yes! I agree wholeheartedly in it. And i agree with it because there is an electoral price to be paid for these acts in a democracy (whether mature, or moving toward maturity). It is an essential aspect of party led representative democracy. Political actions should have political consequences and the electorate should be allowed to make their minds up about how they view the behavior of their elected representative and the party they represent. If a party promises jam tomorrow with massive populist policies or instigates legislation that may be construed as being self-interested, then the electorate should be allowed to completely buy into it and support their representative if they like. They should be allowed to completely ignore the facts and vote on personalities instead if thats what they want. They should be allowed 100% to engage to a level they feel entirely comfortable with as an individual. Above all, even if those politicians were the worst scum of the world (within the limits of the constitution) to everyone in the country except them and their group, individuals should be entirely free to keep on voting for them for as long as they like. Because there will come a reckoning. And when it comes, that party will pay heavily at the ballot box. There will always be a reckoning. Thats what makes democracy fantastic. Its a pity that yet another power grab (by the leadership of the democrats) has once again held back the chances of the democrats to govern legitimately for another generation. Until the Democrats become a true force in Thai Democracy, Thailand will still be stuck with a dysfunctional and immature democracy. Thailand needs the Democrats to hold their own constituents to account and lead through the ballot box. Only then will Thailand be back on the path to democracy.

"Only then will Thailand be back on the path to democracy. " - assuming it ever was.... when do you consider that to have been the case?

​i think your assessment of the "unrest" in BKK and it's reasons/causes and effects is way off target.

and your expression of "direct democracy" is rather facile.

​The approach to democracy is never complete - it relies on separation of powers and not having the army involved........ apart from that interpretations of "democracy" can be pretty varied, but when stable the one thing you can be sure of is endless, legal debate and a legal opposition......i can't think of any country in history where the army has set up a democracy.

Dictionary definition of the 'd' word:

a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained control by force.

Well 'Doo Dek' -> a child, if we dwell down to the alphabetics drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Actually, it's 'dor dek'. thumbsup.gif

Semantics of transliteration good khun Fixit - it would be 'Dɔɔ dek' (written as Dɔɔ dek, ɔɔ ang, krap - the latter we don't have in latin alphabets, it's just a vocal sound, not quite 'oo', but close) - as 'ɔɔ ang' is the last character it would more have an "ow" - closest nunciatiative word(is that even a word w00t.gif ) I could come up in english would be awe - than "or" type sound, and as it's forbidden to write it in Thai (or is it?) I will not write it in such form wai.gif