I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut

Lite Beer

As I sit in soi 4 having a beer....I wonder why so many people that are not Thai have so many opinions about this country.

Myself ...I'm off to firework festival in patts next week....then direct taxi to kanchanaburri for war festival and kung birthday. Then bang saen for speed festival.

Back to bkk then au for couple of weeks. Maybe HCMC AirAsia after that $100 return....

I love living in a junta.....surpression ??? Who cares I can't see it. Get off the high horses.

I left glasses at home , so no need for corrections.

You guys need to get over youselves

Odd place to be reading and posting for someone who doesn't give a shit and is drinking in soi sexpat (or perhaps that particular soi is better described as soi sex tourist- but I think you get the point)....

No doubt, in all countries, there are those totally disengaged and more inclined towards blissful ignorance and self indulgence and this is entirely up to them. Bit odd though when they break cover and lecture others who actually do engage in their surroundings and take an interest.

Enjoy the shag later. She really does lub you and you really are hansum :)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems as the Military can clean up a lot.

Thailand is far out, too much Corruption and Nepotism. It will take generations to get rid of.

Not a easy way it has been in the system too long. The Thais I meet seems to find it OK with the clean up.

As a Farang I just observe and I hope they get succes, demokrati is for developed countries with a educated population and even then is is not of much value.

Many countries are better controlled by the Military.

I hope the Military is clean and can clean up the Police, from the top down.

Rather a naive post with little regard for the real evidence

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This topic has been a tough one to moderate, however some posts that have gone a bit too far over the line have been removed as well as the replies. Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Some other posts baiting for off topic discussion and making personal comments on other members have been removed as well,

Maybe you should consider dropping the news forum altogether, Metisdead, as that to which I referred is germane, indeed central to the whole subject matter of this thread, How can we discuss the issue of military rule at all if all the factors that legitimise it cannot be discussed? It leads to a discussion which suggests that all members support the dictatorship. Which they clearly don't. Believe me, I quite understand your dilemma and the tightrope you walk, but if all viewpoints cannot be put, maybe it would be better if none were.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This topic has been a tough one to moderate, however some posts that have gone a bit too far over the line have been removed as well as the replies. Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Some other posts baiting for off topic discussion and making personal comments on other members have been removed as well,

Maybe you should consider dropping the news forum altogether, Metisdead, as that to which I referred is germane, indeed central to the whole subject matter of this thread, How can we discuss the issue of military rule at all if all the factors that legitimise it cannot be discussed? It leads to a discussion which suggests that all members support the dictatorship. Which they clearly don't. Believe me, I quite understand your dilemma and the tightrope you walk, but if all viewpoints cannot be put, maybe it would be better if none were.

are you suggesting a self-censorship to prevent a censorship?

What a childish reaction!!

When you join the forum, you sign up to the T&C's, concerning especially the conditions of posting about the Royal family.

Like it or not, really doesn't matter, but that is the facts for all media based in Thailand.

If you want to speak your mind about the royals, there are plenty of forums based outside Thailand.

Remember the editor of Thaivisa is ultimately responsible for our posts.

• Like 1

As I sit in soi 4 having a beer....I wonder why so many people that are not Thai have so many opinions about this country.

Myself ...I'm off to firework festival in patts next week....then direct taxi to kanchanaburri for war festival and kung birthday. Then bang saen for speed festival.

Back to bkk then au for couple of weeks. Maybe HCMC AirAsia after that $100 return....

I love living in a junta.....surpression ??? Who cares I can't see it. Get off the high horses.

Odd place to be reading and posting for someone who doesn't give a shit and is drinking in soi sexpat (or perhaps that particular soi is better described as soi sex tourist- but I think you get the point)....

No doubt, in all countries, there are those totally disengaged and more inclined towards blissful ignorance and self indulgence and this is entirely up to them. Bit odd though when they break cover and lecture others who actually do engage in their surroundings and take an interest.

Give me a break tool. I live here and been with the gf 2 years now. You sir are the typical black/white commentator I'm referring to. Back home now at 8.30 to cook seafood for the gf....I love this oppression I keep hearing about. Geez I didn't even get searched going into the tesco....get a life.

As I sit in soi 4? Nana plaza? Your a great adverstisement for expats. You need to to try and pull women without paying. As for Deerhunter your half right but how can someone installed to create peace in times of violence be a dictator?

Brilliant example of brain dead syndrome. Yes I go to a bar or 10... Also been with one chick for 2 yrs. Why do people resort to personal attacks. Is it just nature or IQ issues.

Enjoy the shag later. She really does lub you and you really are hansum smile.png

Give me a break tool. I live here and been with the gf 2 years now. You sir are the typical black/white commentator I'm referring to. Back home now at 8.30 to cook seafood for the gf....I love this oppression I keep hearing about. Geez I didn't even get searched going into the tesco....get a life.

"I live here and been with the gf 2 years now." - methinks you need to get in touch with reality - 2 years?!?!?!?! - blink of an eye

Lovely to have experts like willy. 2 years a blink???

So what's your point. Perhaps some people can learn more in a week than some in a year. Point is TV members often want to accidentally drop that they have lived here certain number of years.....or speak excellent Thai. News flash buddy ...you ain't Thai. Be measured with your know it all attitude.

As I learnt in first 2 days from Thai...." Not your business"

Change your avatar to Mr Thai

Mate, mine was a response to the arrogant condescension in your post. Which you've continued in the above response.

But you're right, there is no suppression, people are free to do and say anything they want, except all the things they aren't.

And the future for those who are currently largely excluded from the ongoing political machinations is being determined for them by people that have a less than stellar record in furthering those futures.

But hey, you've got GF to love and some seafood to eat, so it's all roses....

Lecturing folk on what they should think cos "I'm alright thanks Jack" is pretty average. Doing so from the perspective of smug intolerant arrogance is just contemptible....

Living here and actually engaging with the country are two totally different things.

Have a lovely night.

Edited by sandrew33
  • Like 2

As I sit in soi 4? Nana plaza? Your a great adverstisement for expats. You need to to try and pull women without paying. As for Deerhunter your half right but how can someone installed to create peace in times of violence be a dictator?

Brilliant example of brain dead syndrome. Yes I go to a bar or 10... Also been with one chick for 2 yrs. Why do people resort to personal attacks. Is it just nature or IQ issues.

The irony.....

Lovely to have experts like willy. 2 years a blink???

So what's your point. Perhaps some people can learn more in a week than some in a year. Point is TV members often want to accidentally drop that they have lived here certain number of years.....or speak excellent Thai. News flash buddy ...you ain't Thai. Be measured with your know it all attitude.

As I learnt in first 2 days from Thai...." Not your business"

Change your avatar to Mr Thai

See the thing is Jack that even this short post demonstrates all sorts of ignorance about this country.

Not that you'll except that, cos you've got it all sorted... <<<<Thai language removed>>>> smile.png

I thought a learned man such as Jack would have been complimented to be described as ruu-mak. My apologies. :)

Edited by sandrew33
English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

OK point taken....but my point is that, in the main politics needs to be dealt with by the citizens of that country. Not having crack at USA but often outside opinions can be at very least " sticking your nose in".

My point is that in this particular country it isn't kaos. Yes given, it isn't USA or AU or many Democratic countries. But idi amin isn't here either. Best path is tolerance for other countries "ways"

At present some positive reforms on face value seem to be underway. Don't understand so much criticism of current pm. All be it some what self appointed.

Can we do a straw poll of Thai partners/ friends , to seek their opinion.

Guess my point is this ....if I was in USA giving opinion about gun laws...they could rightfully say ...Nick off Australuan , you ain't from here. They have a point. And that's my point. You xpats, including me are invited guests.

Oh except for Andy that is a self appointed Thai expert. Probably claims to live in issan with the little lady and is sooooo fluent in the Thai language. Can even understand complex concepts as ...save face. Geezus

• Like 1

OK point taken....but my point is that, in the main politics needs to be dealt with by the citizens of that country. Not having crack at USA but often outside opinions can be at very least " sticking your nose in".

My point is that in this particular country it isn't kaos. Yes given, it isn't USA or AU or many Democratic countries. But idi amin isn't here either. Best path is tolerance for other countries "ways"

At present some positive reforms on face value seem to be underway. Don't understand so much criticism of current pm. All be it some what self appointed.

Can we do a straw poll of Thai partners/ friends , to seek their opinion.

Guess my point is this ....if I was in USA giving opinion about gun laws...they could rightfully say ...Nick off Australuan , you ain't from here. They have a point. And that's my point. You xpats, including me are invited guests.

I live here. If I'd lived in Oz this long I'd have PR status. But Thailand denies me that cos, in part, it's run by xenophobes :P

That aside, a senior policeman has died in very strange circumstance a couple days ago. 6 others have been removed from Senior roles allegedly for their political leanings. Allegedly to be replaced by those of a different political leaning.

What appears to be going on is a purge at some level. One side is imposing its will with force on the other. The most likely outcome unless power is shared back is a bleak one...

What one sees as an Expat here v what's actually going on is often 2 very different things. If you are seeing peace and happiness then I'd respectfully suggest you dig a bit deeper.

If you have business or other assets here you have some obligation to yourself and family to assess what's happening and how that might effect you. Instability is entirely possible here IMO...

Oh except for Andy that is a self appointed Thai expert. Probably claims to live in issan with the little lady and is sooooo fluent in the Thai language. Can even understand complex concepts as ...save face. Geezus

Live in BKK. Thanks for speculating.

No expert at all. But engaged and realistic. You'll get there...

Ripper Mel Gibson ( conspiracy theory). I live in bkk.

And you have one possible valid point. The current management of your (sic) country , maybe doing some less than Democratic stuff..... Damn its so sad that its come to this and never occurred in previous years in Thailand. Grow up Mr Thai expert.

And you have one possible valid point. The current management of your (sic) country , maybe doing some less than Democratic stuff..... Damn its so sad that its come to this and never occurred in previous years in Thailand. Grow up Mr Thai expert.

Again the irony....

I think most understand the cycles here and the to and fro between the various political forces.

I think there's plenty of available information on why this is more of an end game play rather than just another part of that cycle.

If you reckon it's all sweetness and light and its business as usual you're welcome to that view.

Edited by sandrew33

What are you drinking in the Soi 4 bar?

He has done more good for this country in the last 6 months than any democratically elected politician has ever done!!

Democracy almost everywhere in the world is a corrupt institution. The banks and big business own the politicians and we are all brainwashed that the word democracy really means something. I look forward to the reform that Prayuth is trying to achieve here.

I would like to see a revolution in many other countries (especially the USA) so that they can start correcting some of the wrongs that congress and others have allowed to take place to benefit themselves and their political status.

Noted--ALLSEEINGEYE is a fan of dictatorships; he believes the people can not be trusted to choose their own leaders and must be governed by whoever can rally the most guns to his cause.

That's one opinion, but not one that I share.

So you accept his opinions but ridicule mine

I just got back to this thread and found this. I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?

If it makes you feel any better, I definitely do not accept ALLSEEINGEYE's opinion, I think his are the views of a person three sigmas below the mean on the intelligence distribution.

What would happen to a group of young students in Germany who stood up near the Prime Minister and gave Hitler salutes?

two entirely different salutes you can't compare.

different as well since one would be a legitimate leader, where as in this case, that is exactly the point...

Give him a break, he had the courage to step-up and take charge of a country that is out of controlled corrupt, and lacking a modern Asia country progress into the future. Until he can weed out the lackers in the system he's on the right path.

he should give himself a break you are right

an other anti-D statement today against every media

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-tells-media-press-freedom-limit

He's asking for the media to help gather suggestion on Thailand's reform. If we all help the PM by suggesting ways to improve democracy and transparency in government, then these things will happen quickly and everyone will be happy. But who is delaying this happiness, the minority of people who bully and cheat their way through life just like the Shinawatra clan.

"If we all help the PM by suggesting ways to improve democracy and transparency in government, then these things will happen quickly and everyone will be happy."

And if we wish for a pony for Christmas, Santa will bring us one!

mfr_closed1.gifWPFflags.gif

What would happen to a group of young students in Germany who stood up near the Prime Minister and gave Hitler salutes?

two entirely different salutes you can't compare.

different as well since one would be a legitimate leader, where as in this case, that is exactly the point...

Phfft... all wishy-washy responses because don't want to admit that the resulting actions would be the same there in Germany.