Airport Express Coach involved in South Pattaya crash

Lite Beer

Airport Express Coach involved in South Pattaya crash

crash-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police reported that no one was injured in a crash on the Tepprasit Road on Friday Afternoon involving a Bangkok Airport Express Coach and two pick-up trucks.

The crash occurred close to the entrance of Soi Khopia and resulted in the driver of the coach, Khun Pisit aged 57, being arrested and later charged with reckless driving.

He was carrying 30 passengers on the coach which was only minutes away from completing its journey from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok to the Bus Station in front of Foodmart on Jomtien Second Road.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155795/airport-express-coach-involved-in-south-pattaya-crash/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-22

^^^^

1) ThaiVisa policy and agreements allow no alteration of news stories from such sources (with the possible exception of topic title) and any issue must be taken up with that source.

2) the procedure of opening paragraphs and linking to the rest of the story has been the practice for a long time so after "all these years" you should be used to it.

3) ThaiVisa is not a news desk per se with its own reporters and thus does not write news articles "with the full story" nor expand on sourced news stories.

Hope that answers your post.

• Like 2

Why would this bus need to go down soi Korpai? If that is the street in the report.

Read the report again.

The coach was driving west along Theprassit road and the accident, I assume, took place opposite Soi Khopia around Soi 7. The meeting of the 2 junctions are always a "free for all."

• Like 1

After all these years of living and serving in LOS and reporting they still cant correctly spell the name of a street.

What's even worse is your just copy and pasting that crap, leaving us with a link to click on a retards website.

Please tell us the full story without involving a link.

Your bed has two sides - no

As a result of this theaparsit road was gridlocked, turn off Sukhumvit was closed/blocked and korpai also blame blocked.

Around 12 ambulance cars in the scene .

Never seen such a gridlock, though must admit "help" came from everywhere and really fast

Take the Train Guys! Cheap,cool and much safer! ( and before our viewers attack me for " my kind and enthusiastic words " travelling by train is officially the safest way to travel within Thailand apart from flying! )

Farang Jaidee wub.png

• Like 1

Why would this bus need to go down soi Korpai? If that is the street in the report.

Read the report again.

The coach was driving west along Theprassit road and the accident, I assume, took place opposite Soi Khopia around Soi 7. The meeting of the 2 junctions are always a "free for all."

Your first mistake was ASSUMING.

That intersection is very dangerous, with vehicles coming every which way at high speed. I noticed the other day that they had put some big concrete blocks down the centre of the road to stop people turning across traffic. I feel sorry for the drivers of any large vehicles going along there.

What it really needs are traffic lights and a traffic policeman to enforce them.

Edited by KittenKong

After all these years of living and serving in LOS and reporting they still cant correctly spell the name of a street.

The original Thai names are in Thai script. These are transliterated (not translated) into Roman script and so there are usually several acceptable ways of writing the Thai name in Roman script.

For example, you can find official road signs saying Phattaya, Pattaya, Phat Thaya, etc

So multiple spellings of Thepprasit and KhoPai are not surprising (though KhoPia is presumably just a typo).

• Like 2

What's even worse is your just copy and pasting that crap, leaving us with a link to click on a retards website.

Please tell us the full story without involving a link.

When I am not satisfied or am seeking more information, I often go to another source. I've been doing it for years, as well.

"Crap, retards"? Speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Read the report again.

Your first mistake was ASSUMING.
I prefer not to assign the making of "mistakes", since I'm not in charge, am not perfect and "assumed" many things in the past.

I don't understand why but it seems every one while driving on theprasit road feels they are on the runway and flying a plane.

I get that feeling too. I ease back on the gas pedal and stay left as much as possible.

from OP:

He was carrying 30 passengers on the coach which was only minutes away from completing its journey from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok to the Bus Station in front of Foodmart on Jomtien Second Road.

Is that stretch of "Thappraya Road" now considered to be part of Jomtien Second Road? If so, how far north (i.e. toward Pattaya) does Jomtien Second Road extend now?

from OP:

Is that stretch of "Thappraya Road" now considered to be part of Jomtien Second Road? If so, how far north (i.e. toward Pattaya) does Jomtien Second Road extend now?

It happened on Thepprasit Road and not on Thappraya Road. Thappraya Road is where the bus station is. Not sure if that part of Thappraya Road is aka Jomtien 2nd Road

Edited by joepattaya1961

from OP:

I understood that it was Thappraya right down to the Hanuman monument. Presumably the 2nd Road reference is just a mistake.

Take the Train Guys! Cheap,cool and much safer! ( and before our viewers attack me for " my kind and enthusiastic words " travelling by train is officially the safest way to travel within Thailand apart from flying! )

Farang Jaidee wub.png

Never had the pleasure of traveling from the Airport to Pattaya by train. Can it be done in one day?