Boat racing Mabprachan Lake this wekend

wobblyjohn

^^^^

To be fair, Inspire's original post had links that went on to say this ..

"Pattaya Festival The thrill of water sports tradition. “The boat race Festival Pattaya “or Pattaya Long Boat Racing 2014 will be held on 22nd & 23rd November at the Map Prachan Lake Banglamung, Chonburi.

Pattaya and Nong Prue invited interested persons to watch and cheer Pattaya traditional boat race of the 14th trophy a cup from HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s CSR and cup tie given from Soamsawali Christ the King Award maternal granddaughter.

The show, which this year 2014 showed an activity more fun than last year, for instance:
- The buffalo race
- Contest Folk Drum
- Motorcycle Motocross Race
- Chess tournament Thailand Eastern Championship
- etc.

Event start from 09:00 – 18:00. Admission is free!"

so my earlier remarks about no bike and.or buffalo racing might be in error .... oops !!

• Like 1

I live next to the lake and can confirm that the races have been on today and the loudspeakers started early!

I go for a walk along the lake most days and today was no exception. However, I don't want to moan too much but the amount of litter the Thais's have left behind is quite awful. Plastic bags, half eaten food on plates, bottles, etc etc. It was quite appalling.

I also walked to the motorbike scrambling which was, as an earlier poster said, at the far side of the lake. Quite entertaining.

Dunno about the buffalo's but I suspect they were at it at the temple end.

I am mystified why the Thais's seem to have had a really good day, but they have left the place like a litter battlefield. Shame