Devil exhaust, police law/fine about noise/sound

mataleo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

get decent tires and suspension mods first than power mods. they will make you faster and safer.

power mods comes last IMO.

For me just air filter and exhaust enough. I sell it next year.

My dream bike is Panigale 899 hopefully one day...

get decent tires and suspension mods first than power mods. they will make you faster and safer.

Whay suspension mods are you referring too?

Best bang for your buck, assuming you aren't Thai sized, is to get a new set of fork springs. I went with RaceTech and probably a bit overkill at 95mm sized. Played around with (I can't say set because that would imply competence on my part) the oil until the sags were ok.

I then cranked up the rear preload and enjoyed the ride. So much better than the old pogo-stick suspension it had before.

Whay suspension mods are you referring too?

Best bang for your buck, assuming you aren't Thai sized, is to get a new set of fork springs. I went with RaceTech and probably a bit overkill at 95mm sized. Played around with (I can't say set because that would imply competence on my part) the oil until the sags were ok.

I then cranked up the rear preload and enjoyed the ride. So much better than the old pogo-stick suspension it had before.

and a better rear shock - ohlins or yss -and a set of premium tires lets say pirelli rosso2s.

these will make you faster than power mods.

Edited by ll2

and a better rear shock - ohlins or yss -and a set of premium tires lets say pirelli rosso2s.

I wonder how many of us could stand to lose 10kg or so? Take me for instance; if I would drop 15kg from my fat ass, the weight to power would go from 8 (280kg/35hp) to 7.57 on a Ninja 300. That's a free 2hp! And I would still be husky. That will make the bike faster and allow one to spend more on fuel.

I wonder how many of us could stand to lose 10kg or so? Take me for instance; if I would drop 15kg from my fat ass, the weight to power would go from 8 (280kg/35hp) to 7.57 on a Ninja 300. That's a free 2hp! And I would still be husky. That will make the bike faster and allow one to spend more on fuel.

Upgraded the tires off the bat but the suspension at my weight is perfect..;) No need to pump any more money into the bike once I got the exhaust sorted..;)

If the cops would pull every vehicle over with no muffler or burnt out light bulbs and wrote them a fix-it ticket and pocketed 100 for themselves they'd never need to have to fleece tourists for tea money.

In Ubon 1 out of every 4 scooters has no working lights on the back. At least 5 percent don't have any lights at all. Probably a third that have a working headlight have a big bag in a wire basket completely blocking the light, or maybe just reflecting some light back into their eyes.

They're impossible to see until you're right on top of them and guess who's fault it is if you run into the back of scooter at night that doesn't have any lights on it? They're an accident that's not only waiting to happen, it's an accident way overdue and a miracle they're still alive.

I have a set of Vance and Hines Longshots on a 1600cc Road King, I installed baffles to quiet them down a little so I wouldn't set off car alarms when I drive by. I mainly drive outside the city and on the highway where I like to have people hear me so they don't drift over into me.

I don't saw the muffler off my scooter, or let it rust off and drive around residential areas at 1am revving my engine like the drivers of annoyingly loud scooters do however. And the police don't care.

The police here have their priorities <deleted> up. They waste their time doing things that don't contribute a thing to making the roads safer (except for the 200 baht no-helmet fine) and let dilapidated vehicles lacking basic safety equipment and smoke-belching trucks just drive past

If the cops would pull every vehicle over with no muffler or burnt out light bulbs and wrote them a fix-it ticket and pocketed 100 for themselves they'd never need to have to fleece tourists for tea money.

If they wrote you a fixed ticket then why would you give them 100Baht? The money from the ticket goes to the government not the policeman.

So you are one of these ----------- who drive around with these souped up exhausts deafening people, well your bike should be taken off you and confiscated, I'm sorry if I'm a bit over the top here, but that's what I feel about them.

• Like 1

Why do people need make so much noise with their street bikes/cars ? Size of penis? Low self esteem? There must be a logical reason for this strange phenomina.

As I'm not talking about one individual here, I'll tell you the reason, they are idiots.

So you are one of these ----------- who drive around with these souped up exhausts deafening people, well your bike should be taken off you and confiscated, I'm sorry if I'm a bit over the top here, but that's what I feel about them.

As i said before in this thread, you can use ear plugs if it pisses you.

And you are no such authority in thailand to wish confiscation for our bikes. You are just a poor ting tong farang here and you cant decide this.

And again, is it only bikes for you?

Edited by ll2

And you are no such authority in thailand to wish confiscation for our bikes. You are just a poor ting tong farang here and you cant decide this.

Here we go, another keyboard warrior, I have the authority to wish for anything I like, and you will not drag me into a flaming match, you are ignored, now run along, this debate is finished.

Here we go, another keyboard warrior, I have the authority to wish for anything I like, and you will not drag me into a flaming match, you are ignored, now run along, this debate is finished.

Another keyboard warrior?

How many rides have you been on? How many of the posters in this forum can attest to having seen you out and about on a motorcycle? Pot calling the kettle black seems to me.

And btw, you're in Thailand...things are loud here. Go to a night market or an ordination or whatever and see if you don't end up with ringing in your ears. I have excellent auditory acuity, and would like to preserve it before I am a grumpy old bastard, but I still don't go around complaining about how Thais do things in Thailand. That's a bit presumptuous, kind of like the 'white man's burden' line of thought.

• Like 2

U can change back sprocket to bigger too even faster..

Faster..... quicker acceleration but lower top-end

All depends on how you ride & where you want the power

If the top gear is too tall (to have the best economy for instance), going with a higher ratio could possibly give a bit more speed...granted this is more a theoretical exercise than anything.

Bla bla bla.

Call people name.

Bla bla bla.

Another great post LL !

Bla bla bla.

Call people name.

Bla bla bla.

Another great post LL !

thank you!

U can change back sprocket to bigger too even faster..

Faster..... quicker acceleration but lower top-end

All depends on how you ride & where you want the power

If the top gear is too tall (to have the best economy for instance), going with a higher ratio could possibly give a bit more speed...granted this is more a theoretical exercise than anything.

Actually you have it backwards...If top gear is too low it would be higher revving/tapped out & economy would be down...If your often at that point in your rides.

Your 2nd part is right ...ie:going higher/taller by reducing rear sprocket teeth or adding front sprocket teeth you will gain speed at lower revs than lower

final geared same bike so maybe not be red-lined in your top gear often...if that is happening now on your rides.

Good site to see roughly where you would be by theoretically trying various configurations on gearing.(easier than explaining)

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

But again depending on where you want the acceleration etc. Tall Top gears for those who ride quick tight areas are useless so

they will try to mimic something more close ratio although dealing with final drives & not transmission gears which is why I say mimic

Edited by mania

Actually you have it backwards...If top gear is too low it would be higher revving/tapped out & economy would be down...If your often at that point in your rides.

Your 2nd part is right ...ie:going higher/taller by reducing rear sprocket teeth or adding front sprocket teeth you will gain speed at lower revs than lower

final geared same bike so maybe not be red-lined in your top gear often...if that is happening now on your rides.

Good site to see roughly where you would be by theoretically trying various configurations on gearing.(easier than explaining)

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

But again depending on where you want the acceleration etc. Tall Top gears for those who ride quick tight areas are useless so

they will try to mimic something more close ratio although dealing with final drives & not transmission gears which is why I say mimic

The thinking about going with a lower gearing is if you can not reach redline in top gear, than it is possible the torque advantage may be able to let you get a few more km/h on your top end as you can actually use the entirety of the RPM range.

HOWEVER, since it seems like the question "How can I get more top end" is invariably asked by small bike owners, advising them to go with a lower gearing may not actually do much of anything (with the exception of quicker acceleration and lowered fuel economy) as their bikes don't really have enough power, even with the torque advantage of the lower gearing, to overcome the wind resistance.

• Like 1

Another keyboard warrior?

How many rides have you been on? How many of the posters in this forum can attest to having seen you out and about on a motorcycle? Pot calling the kettle black seems to me.

And btw, you're in Thailand...things are loud here. Go to a night market or an ordination or whatever and see if you don't end up with ringing in your ears. I have excellent auditory acuity, and would like to preserve it before I am a grumpy old bastard, but I still don't go around complaining about how Thais do things in Thailand. That's a bit presumptuous, kind of like the 'white man's burden' line of thought.

Yes, things are loud here, but souped up exhausts also happen in the UK. I have always hated them, nothing to do with Thailand, actually, I have never heard much souped up exhausts here, but sometimes when you go to a Thai wedding, those loud speakers can be deafening, it's just the way they are here. I was a biker back in the UK, I had a Honda Superdream 250 then, and now I have a PCX 150, and have been on road trips.

If you have read any of my posts, you will notice I have complimented Thailand many times and in many ways, Although I do have an issue with the driving and motorbike riding standards here, and also how Thais will hardly ever face you one on one, and need another six for back up, and I also know that the majority of TV members will back me up on this.

All my criticism belongs to the UK, and I am glad to be here in Thailand.

I have changed the stock exhaust, its now a bit louder as before. I had to look a lot because I did not want it to be too loud just a bit louder. I am happy with it as cars now notice me more. There are still scooters with exhausts that put mine to shame, same goes for big bikes. i have heard exhausts that give me a headache and wonder how the rider can live with it.

I believe if it stays under the Thai sound limit it should not be a problem, there are far worse sound offenders around here. I have also changed the lights on the bike. These small modifications helped me a lot in traffic, the lights also help me get cars moving.

I feel real loud pipes are a nuisance but that again depends on how loud it is of course. I only know that mine are slightly louder as stock and that it has a DB killer installed. I have heard people on small bikes driving with exhaust that you hear from real far so I know what I have is not that loud.

• Like 1

The thinking about going with a lower gearing is if you can not reach redline in top gear, than it is possible the torque advantage may be able to let you get a few more km/h on your top end as you can actually use the entirety of the RPM range.

HOWEVER, since it seems like the question "How can I get more top end" is invariably asked by small bike owners, advising them to go with a lower gearing may not actually do much of anything (with the exception of quicker acceleration and lowered fuel economy) as their bikes don't really have enough power, even with the torque advantage of the lower gearing, to overcome the wind resistance.

Yes it basically what I said about not reaching redline but mainly because in that "Top Speed" scenario it is tapped out gear inches wise & just sitting there.

Not a matter of "actually"? using all rpm range...As you will use all regardless

Yes true too about small bikes often asking for more top end. I think many missed the point of the smaller bike & will never

find it useful if 170-180kph is not enough on the straights...Which with smaller bikes should not be looooong cruising

freeway type riding wink.png But instead asking how to make the bike more aggressive in the 20-140kph speed range

Because that is where the smaller bikes excel on rides like Samoeng Loop here in CM

Mataleo originally said U can change back sprocket to bigger too even faster..

I did not think he was not looking for more top end since he said bigger in back...but he used the word "faster" I figured he meant quicker/acceleration

At least that is what I thought from his statement

I've put back the stock exhaust on the CB500F, I had Leo Vice Slip-on.
I can definitely tell that top end is better on stock.

I changed temporarily for a trip to Hua-hin, but I think I will keep stock now. :)

• Like 1

Why do people need make so much noise with their street bikes/cars ? Size of penis? Low self esteem? There must be a logical reason for this strange phenomina.

Lack of consideration for others,who would rather have a peaceful life! In short B****y selfish! B*****s.

I never even saw my bike in person with the stock exhaust, let alone rode it- it was an easy 15kg weight loss by swapping it over to titanium. It's a bit louder than stock, but it (just) meets SAE J2825 sound specs in the US (no TIS stamp, of course- the manufacturer isn't very big here). There are some quality systems that aren't deafening to the rider and those around him while still offering power gains, but they tend to be on the pricey side.

There was also the 'ugliness factor' to consider, as I coukdnt stand the thought of riding with a couple of pontoon boats hanging off the sides of my bike.;)

I do have a pic of it before it went through the motorcyçle equivalent of a nose-job:

post-176811-0-19798300-1418044073_thumb.

• Like 2