has walking street lost its appeal

novo58

10 years ago Walking Street was full of American / European / Scandanavian / Australian people. Now it's full of Indian / Arab / Chinese people.

Maybe that is the answer to your question OP.

unbelievable racist comment. Though i dont fit in any one of those group mentioned but here is something pattaya28 should know that in this downfall of Thailand's tourism industry at least those Asians and Middle eastern are keeping the business alive by coming here. Bare in mind the selected group that you criticized I bet any given day they are much more educated and well off than you are.How sallow you are its proven.

What part is "Racist"?

Is walking street not full of Indian/Arab/Chinese people, it was when I was there with my wife last year.

Here is a question for you Nemesis7, since when is the truth racist?

• Like 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went there tonight and it was full of young ppl in their 20s. Majority arab. They must have some special visa treatment bcause these people riding around on their own motorbikes do not look like your average 30 day tourist. Heck, I've been here for 2 months and still having trouble getting my valid drivers license.

That's whats driven away some of the elderly Europeans who used to frequent ws. Lessens Your chances of picking up girls when there's a bunch of young dudes hanging around.

Edited by OnMyWay2

Yes sorry to say,

I've had some great times in walking street,

But now it's time for walking street to 'walk on', clean up, and develop the area into a great beech resort for us all to enjoy.

Watching the development going on around walking street for the last few years I think something is planned by the powers that be to develop the area into a beech resort with harbour for the elite.

Very welcomed by most of us that love to live here in and around Pattaya.

Yes sorry to say,

But now it's time for walking street to 'walk on', clean up, and develop the area into a great beech resort for us all to enjoy.

Watching the development going on around walking street for the last few years I think something is planned by the powers that be to develop the area into a beech resort with harbour for the elite.

If you make Walking street clean up then the tourists will start going to Soi Buakhow and that would wreck the place.

WELL .................................looks like I've started a lively debate here.

Not surprised how long it ( didnt) take for the racist comments to start .

Not surprised at someone with absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE about me , questioning my reason to be in Pattaya - golfing holiday = fake excuse , well maybe for you .................................I have lived in Udon Thani for 14mths now and when friends travel over from Australia ( WITH THEIR GOLF CLUBS) then I will go meet them for a chat , a beer, a catch up no matter where in Thailand THEY decide to visit.

I am surprised at the lack of comments about Pattaya NOT changing but me changing ---getting older and wiser. Yes , I am probably happy to be one of those ageing western farang pensioners nursing a beer and watching the world go bye, and I saw plenty of those in Pattaya at ALL times of the day.

Simple facts of life...................

Pattaya is NOT just a destination for white western sex tourists - anymore !! Travelling to Pattaya and NOT at least having a look at walking street would be like going to London and NOT seeing the tower of London, going to New York and NOT seeing Times Square, travelling to Sydney and NOT seeing the Opera House or Harbour bridge etc etc etc and also like travelling to Paris or Amsterdam and NOT at least looking at the red light areas ( whether you intend to partake of the delights or not).

Prices are always going to rise - but does just a well known location justify the vast difference in prices between differing areas in pattaya for a simple bottle of beer ?? Of course the tourist areas in any city/country are ALWAYS the overpriced areas.

yes - I personally think the attractiveness of the local ladies has declined since my first visit to Pattaya ( but then maybe that is just me getting older and more critical and perhaps cynical).

Businesses will always close/change hands. That is called free enterprise............you stay current and relevant or you go out of business.

10 years ago Walking Street was full of American / European / Scandanavian / Australian people. Now it's full of Indian / Arab / Chinese people.

So, it got rid of the drunks and derelicts did it?

I agree that the muslim presence is downgrading, as well as that of the russian attitude. The problem with pattaya is with the amount of crime. Crime is not being committed by foreigners, but worse, the thai gangs that are out of control. I first visited pattaya when there was 1 hotel, with a sign that said "no foreigners". The only ladies available were street walkers. I could stumble down beach road and find more animals than people. Then, even the animals were nice. The point here is that foreigners made pattaya what it is, but the thais will drive it in the ground.

Yes sorry to say,

I liked the days when there was only one street and most of the bars were built out over the water

• Like 1

unbelievable racist comment. Though i dont fit in any one of those group mentioned but here is something pattaya28 should know that in this downfall of Thailand's tourism industry at least those Asians and Middle eastern are keeping the business alive by coming here. Bare in mind the selected group that you criticized I bet any given day they are much more educated and well off than you are.How sallow you are its proven.

"Bare in mind the selected group that you criticized I bet any given day they are much more educated and well off than you are.How sallow you are its proven."

While I agree with your sentiment, you sort of shot yourself in the foot with "bare in mind" and "how sallow."

And I see no criticism or racism. Simply a statement of fact. Nemesis seems to me another of the PC prats looking for something that isn't there.

• Like 1

Best laugh ive had this week! Im sure walking street makes a fortune off of the above mention clients.....well the 7/11's do.

6 indians walking down the road leering at girls (and boys) while sharing 1 can of coke...

Russian couples walking up n down with the compulsory cowboy hat and a 7/11 bottle of chang in their hand....

Herds of chinese scurrying through at high speed eating the food they stole from the hotel.....

Stinking shisha pipes being shared round with god knows what kind of bacteria growing on them....

And a few party animals paying 240 baht for beer in the gogo bars.....

Walking street...cant think why i dont go there every night?

• Like 2

I just been in walking

They got racing cars and pretty girls working there..

Lots of Chinese groups that follow the flag....

Racing cars working in walking street?

I missed that!

It said and pretty girls working there

Check ur eyes

I dont get one thing.

They say oo chinese numbers are up

But i never saw chinese going to a bar or a gogo its rare.

And they just follow the flag tour...

Even in my gf busines money exchange i can tell they not change much money

200 yuan thats it...

I dont see how they benefit to economy much if they comes in big groups but spend little...

• Like 1

"Bare in mind the selected group that you criticized I bet any given day they are much more educated and well off than you are.How sallow you are its proven."

While I agree with your sentiment, you sort of shot yourself in the foot with "bare in mind" and "how sallow."

And I see no criticism or racism. Simply a statement of fact. Nemesis seems to me another of the PC prats looking for something that isn't there.

I agree too, call a spade a spade, excuse the pun

Best laugh ive had this week! Im sure walking street makes a fortune off of the above mention clients.....well the 7/11's do.

6 indians walking down the road leering at girls (and boys) while sharing 1 can of coke...

Russian couples walking up n down with the compulsory cowboy hat and a 7/11 bottle of chang in their hand....

Herds of chinese scurrying through at high speed eating the food they stole from the hotel.....

Stinking shisha pipes being shared round with god knows what kind of bacteria growing on them....

And a few party animals paying 240 baht for beer in the gogo bars.....

Walking street...cant think why i dont go there every night?

Sir, you forgot to mention that shisha pipe sellers, have no work permit either, and are ilegal.

No it isn't.

Just a statement of fact... other than he should have included Russians too, and the reality, you could see someone from anywhere these days, Samoa to Serbia, Zambian to Zulu. These newer tourist seem to find their entertainment just walking the street, and quite a crowded sight it is too. The bars etc are not really what they are looking for.

You sound like a racist suggesting he has yellow skin!

Not to mention the Madagascan freelancers and beach rats, 40 died recently with some horrible virus. Is it racist to say hope these naughty girls dont start an epidemic here