Photos of Beach walkway chaos

thaibeachlovers

At least there are no bodies or body parts laying around....

seriously though, i dont see people walking around in so i would guess these photos were taken very early in the morning prior to completion of garbage collection and general street cleaning. Sand bags are for the rains which should be over by now and will be moved. It sure does look ugly in the morning so perhaps Pattaya needs to start cleaning prior to sunrise.

At least there are no bodies or body parts laying around....

seriously though, i dont see people walking around in so i would guess these photos were taken very early in the morning prior to completion of garbage collection and general street cleaning. Sand bags are for the rains which should be over by now and will be moved. It sure does look ugly in the morning so perhaps Pattaya needs to start cleaning prior to sunrise.

I took the photos about 9am. I already said to disregard the rubbish as they were cleaning the walkway when I was there.

I'll believe they'll take the sandbags away when it happens, as it's usually someone else's job to tidy up.

Pictures from the quality family eco tourism beach resort catching up to the French riviera. cheesy.gif

What a shame they hacked away some real old trees to create such a crap.

Completely agree, they should have left well alone. Edited by Woody1
  • Like 1

This is the sort of genuine third world poor infrastructure that makes it a true "exotic" location for many. Places like Zandvoort and Geneva have become so sterile. Tourists need this kind of undeveloped, unregulated chaos to make them feel as though this is somewhere a bit wild. They don't want to go the whole hog and be murdered by some hoe-wielding gang though so this is a happy compromise.

I can see the photos were taken from Central Road to Central. Are any of them from further along in either direction?

I just took them while waiting for the hotel and didn't feel like walking a long way.

I took some up at the Thai Air office that I'll see if I can find later.

I haven't walked on beach side of the road, for any reason, in almost 2 years and I live here. But I don't remember it being that bad back then, with the only detritus being human. Those pictures paint a pretty shocking sight, albeit after an event. However, the growing deterioration of the recent refurbishment is a pretty sad indictment of Pattaya "town planning and construction." Best I continue to stay away. In fact, my "no go" zone runs from Second Road to the "beach". I just don't care about the "entertainment" there anymore.

• Like 1

No explanations required. It's a disaster.

Disregard the rubbish in the first few photos. It was after some sort of mass function, and they were cleaning up the garbage as I was taking the photos.

However, the holes weren't made in a night and the sandbags appear to be permanent.

Pretty hard to disregard the trash as trash bins for use by the public are scarce. I can understand the delays on repairing the storm damage but the trash is inexcusable. I hope the Mayor could see these pics.

• Like 1

This is the sort of genuine third world poor infrastructure that makes it a true "exotic" location for many. Places like Zandvoort and Geneva have become so sterile. Tourists need this kind of undeveloped, unregulated chaos to make them feel as though this is somewhere a bit wild. They don't want to go the whole hog and be murdered by some hoe-wielding gang though so this is a happy compromise.

I can see the photos were taken from Central Road to Central. Are any of them from further along in either direction?

Many of the visitors are from places that make Pattaya look like Zandvoort and Geneva in comparison. This looks like some sort of an ongoing project to keep an important person's relatives busy and flush with cash.

I call this the jigsaw method. See it a lot with Thai public construction. A bit here a bit there and one day its finished. Besides the use of inferior construction materials and methods just another reason why roads, footpaths and most things in general don't last.

• Like 1

No explanations required. It's a disaster.

Disregard the rubbish in the first few photos. It was after some sort of mass function, and they were cleaning up the garbage as I was taking the photos.

However, the holes weren't made in a night and the sandbags appear to be permanent.

Pretty hard to disregard the trash as trash bins for use by the public are scarce. I can understand the delays on repairing the storm damage but the trash is inexcusable. I hope the Mayor could see these pics.

Actually, most of the trash was gone by lunchtime. They had quite a few sweepers, and the truck was there to take it away.

However, as you say, lacking in bins ( and seats, and shade ).

Yesterday I have seen a TV report about what happend with Ko Pi after the Tsunami.

This beautiful island became after the Tsunami completely concreted, Hotels, Hotels, Condos, Condos...money destroys the island !!!!

Too much people...mountains of rubbish...

...and now this pics from the most famous spot in Pattaya. It is so sad what happens with this former beautiful country...

Its just a matter of time we shall see tall buildings near the shoreline start tumbling down because of the total neglect of the erosion over the years. Anybody wish to own any properties at Pattaya, it would be safer to stay farther away from the shoreline.

I will be coming back to Chonburi after 14 months working in Laos and this is sad to see. The refurbishment was looking promising when I left but it's turned into the usual half arsed job we have come to expect. Thank goodness I will be going back to living on the dark side and only have to cross the border (Suhkamvit) a few times a month for a movie or to stock up on essentials.

• Like 1

1 solution, clean up this beach and

do not allow thai ,nor chinese ,korean...people to come close of the clean beach .

Give them another beach ,where they can create a dump for themselves and enjoy it.

Not sure what you're on, but you've just nominated two of the largest groups of foreign tourists in Thailand, and that's a group Pattaya can ill afford to alienate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_20_arrivals_by_nationality

The vast majority of the dumpsites across Pattaya have nothing to do with Korean, Chinese or any other tourists - it's Thais with an 'out of sight, out of mind' attitude that they seem to have bought with them from Nakhon Nowhere. I guess it helps when you dont even consider Pattaya your 'home', just a place you have to endure to make a living. I love the positive side of Isaan people - esp their gregarious nature - but watching workers casually throwing their refuse onto the vacant block next door I cant help but be appalled. Sure, they might clean it up when the job's done - and they might just jump in their pickups and drive to the next job. Call me a glass half empty guy, but I'm tipping I'll walk past the site in a month or so and it will be covered in builder's debris - here's hoping I'm wrong.

These pictures are still "soft" (athough it is a severe problem).

Go to Jomtien, boulevard along the beach between Pratamnak Soi 5 and Pattaya Park beach entrance.

A hole at least 10 meters long, 1 meter wide, 1 meter deep. It leaves about 20 cm width for pedestrians and cyclists.

several persons phoned Pattaya call center, nothing happens.

I see farang from View Talay cleaning up the mess from Thai, almost daily.

On beach road Jomtien I see a farang feeding the dogs, every day, no holiday.

They don't get any support from the city hall.

A disgrace!.

yesterday i witnessed a 60ish forienger fall as he stepped on one of the plastic sandbags,the bag was so old it actually ripped ,he was vary shakin up...this beach was and always will be a ''use at your risk''...even after all the wok done...

• Like 1