Luxury vinyl flooring

dazk

Thaibob don't think we are talking about the same flooring I had lvf in a house in the UK no problems

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, I think we have a misunderstanding on terminology. You may be referring to what is often called laminate and simulates natural wood, looks quite nice and is available at all the diy stores, especially Boonthavarn. You also may be talking about asphalt vinyl tiles with self adhesive backing and now is manufactured is many sizes. These are cheap, don't have to remove existing flooring as they are thin. They are not nearly as durable as other flooring and you must have an absolutely smooth subsurface. Even a grout line from an old tile floor will create a future problem. I'm have seen these at Boonthavarn also.

The new era wide vinyl planks come out as good as the real thing, but cost the same if not more. They wear better, are easy to clean, but as they'll laid direct they'll show up any imperfections in the floor. You need them installed perfectly, and the floor has gotta be super flat/even.

The new era wide vinyl planks come out as good as the real thing, but cost the same if not more. They wear better, are easy to clean, but as they'll laid direct they'll show up any imperfections in the floor. You need them installed perfectly, and the floor has gotta be super flat/even.

And therein lies the problem. To find a Thai that understands the detail, perfection required, and can prepare the subfloor properly will be difficult. I can't find a painter who can do the necessary prep work, remove hardware, use masking tape and use drop clothes.

And that is where the adaptable foam comes in play, to hide the small imperfections. I laid such a laminate, although this was the wooden version and was laid straight on the screed which in my opinion has more imperfections than a tile floor , in an apartment of mine 25 years ago. No glue or whatever involved, and as of today it still looks very good.

Went into thaiwatsado this morning very good range of flooring poster up saying they open on 10 december. Phoned the number and spoke to a falang about installing they have a team to install that is run by an English guy so all sounds good will go on the opening day and see what its going to cost me.

When people say laminates I think of laminate planking which is a synthetic substitute for real wood planking. Many stores carry this product and it can install easily using an interlocking system (tongue and groove) or be glued down. It can be laid over concrete and floats or it can be glued or nailed down. Vinyl flooring is a different product in my mind.

When people say laminates I think of laminate planking which is a synthetic substitute for real wood planking. Many stores carry this product and it can install easily using an interlocking system (tongue and groove) or be glued down. It can be laid over concrete and floats or it can be glued or nailed down. Vinyl flooring is a different product in my mind.

This is what google images tell me to be Luxury vinyl flooring, and which is in my book the same as laminate, only another material.

DSC00332.JPG

https://www.google.com/search?q=luxury+vinyl+flooring&client=firefox-a&hs=Rqx&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=nts&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bsF1VOGhFMOAuwS63YG4AQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1536&bih=721#imgdii=_

Yes the guy I spoke to said they also do laminate

Thanks for that and for those curious what the difference is between luxury vinyl floor and laminate. I remember when laminates it the market, the trade name was Pergo.

http://kronotexusa.com/planning/laminate-flooring-or-luxury-vinyl-tile-which-is-right-for-you/

Edited by ThaiBob

• 3 weeks later...

Went back to the store today two nice ladies there very helpful have ordered my flooring will be delivered in 3 days and installed 2 days later man coming out tomorrow to do a site survey to check the tiling is OK to lay the new floor on. Great service so far will report back after they have finished