Visa extension at Imergration bangkok

You can go to an Embassy/ consulate in a neighboring country and get a tourist visa, single or double entry, which will get you 60 days extendable by 30 more. Savabnnaket is the fastest, same day service. Cost 1000 baht per entry and $35 for Laos visa plus travel. If you extend the 60 days on entry by 30 more that's an additional 1900 baht at immigration

Since you flew in and got 30 days and extend it, you can still do a border run and get 30 days and extend that for 30 more. Cost either $35 for Laos, $30 for Cambodia, 500 baht for Myanmar or free in Malaysia, plus 1900 baht for the extension plus travel.

Both will get you past the Christmas holidays, will cost less that flying back and forth to the UK and will keep you "frostbite free"!

There is is no written rule that says you cannot get another 30 day extension after doing another exempt entry. But some immigration offices may have their own policy against doing it. It certainly could be considered abusing the system.

A person planning a trip longer than 30 days should get a tourist visa before making the trip.

• Like 1

Bit surprised to learn that the OP was apparently allowed to board his flight at Heathrow (or wherever) without having to show to the check-in assistant evidence of a confirmed flight reservation out of Thailand within the following 30 days. Others have been denied boarding in similar circumstances according to reports on here.

A tourist visa (which will give him a 60 day entry that can subsequently be extended for 30 days at immigration and is obtainable from the Royal Thai Embassy in London or any of the honorary Thai consulates in the UK) would be the best way for him to minimise the risk of this problem arising in future.

Edited by OJAS

Looks like I'll be going back then to freeze my brass monkeys off and come back just before Christmas for a a couple of weeks.

Probably cheaper to just do a border crossing for a new visa exempt entry or, better yet, go to Laos or wherever and get a tourist visa.

I always thought the expression was,"It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey." Nice that you're concerned about the entire monkey(s).

• Like 1

What documentation do I need when I will go the first time after 90 days to the immigration office? I got different informations....

I assume you mean doing a 90 day report. It depends upon the immigration office you will do it at.

Most will just want a completed TM47 form and your passports.

Others may want copies of your passport pages and TM6 departure card as well.

Thanks...Yes, I mean the 90 day report at the immigration in Jomtien Beach. TM 47 ? TM 6?

TM47 form http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

TM6 is the card you filled out on arrival. You need the departure part of it that was stapled in your passport.

There are mixed reports for Jomtien. For your first report you take a copy of passport photo page, visa, extension stamp, entry/permit to stay stamp and departure card. They may also want proof of residence also.