I love Thailand because .........

geronimo

The wats. The countryside. The smiles.

Was the omission of the 'T' intentionally?
I doubt it. The writer was referring to 'A Wat' which is a Thai word for a temple.

Well you learn something everyday, do you do humour in your house?

Went over his head I think.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it. The writer was referring to 'A Wat' which is a Thai word for a temple.

Went over his head I think.

I thought it was hilarious!

But not in yours apparently. But keep up the efforts.

Next time I will put a 'LOL', just for you

Yes. That would have cracked me up and navigated me towards a comical insight or perhaps just confirmed you really are a dim 'wat.

Okay, I live roughly 55 km east of Chiang Rai. As I say on my profile page, I have lived here for a very long time and I am very happy here. For those who need help visualizing life far from the city, here is the view from my front yard. Granted it looks different everyday, and right now they are halfway through the harvest, so it won't be this green again until next year.

Test1%2B%2B005.jpg

It's truly lovely but I need the sight of neon and smell of traffic fumes. But each to their own. Good luck mate. Nice post.
  • Like 2

Okay, I live roughly 55 km east of Chiang Rai. As I say on my profile page, I have lived here for a very long time and I am very happy here. For those who need help visualizing life far from the city, here is the view from my front yard. Granted it looks different everyday, and right now they are halfway through the harvest, so it won't be this green again until next year.

Test1%2B%2B005.jpg

It's truly lovely but I need the sight of neon and smell of traffic fumes. But each to their own. Good luck mate. Nice post.

After 30 years in Bangkok, I was in need of something a little different.smile.png

• Like 1

because of it's blatant in your face sex industry, the desperate wierdos that are involved in it, the losers that are disgusted by it, the people who pretend like thailand has something else to offer despite all the hassles of living in the 3rd world, the counterfeiters, the scammers, the beggars, the mafias, the dumbass leaders, the vomit inducing celebrities, the tax laws, the billions of street dogs, the "do you know how long I've lived here" expats, the poorly built roads, the thousands of big brother cameras watching you, and the fact they have a public holiday over something that doesn't even exist (a constitution). Oh and it's a great place to launder money

To all, I salute you !

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

But not in yours apparently. But keep up the efforts.

Next time I will put a 'LOL', just for you

Yes. That would have cracked me up and navigated me towards a comical insight or perhaps just confirmed you really are a dim 'wat.

I get 'likes' you don't, does that tell you something, you have no humour, but follow my posts and you will get better I'm sure.

Don't have to pay council tax on your home.

Can do improvements to your home without having to pay extra cash to the local authority.

Don't have to pay this tax and that tax, Oh, too many to mention.

Don't need to buy a television license.

Can walk the streets safe at night.

Yeah all this is so true!! And most Thai people are nice decent honest and helpful.. The thing about the uk is you have to be rich or have nothing at all... If your one of these who have never done a days work then your ok there, you get a free place to live etc etc...

• Like 1

Test1%2B%2B005.jpg

After 30 years in Bangkok, I was in need of something a little different.smile.png

Yeah looks a really nice place!!

I do like Thailand but maybe there should be a dedicated bashing thread because there are some legitimate complaints that aren't so obvious at first. People are friendly but sometimes I miss folks just minding their own business. I guess super friendly can get tiresome after a while. Sometimes I like to walk and mind my own business but feel like I offend people if I don't notice them with a huge grin on my face :D.

That's my complaint now bracing myself for all the "friendly" people telling me I should go home.

1. The people - the Thai people I know are friendly, humble and respectful (as I am to them).

2. The weather - sure, a little too hot at times but preferable to the cold winters in OZ.

3. The food - the delightful flavours and aromas of Thai cuisine, in my opinion, the best in the world.

4. The culture - the colours, the costumes, the temples and what I call the "inner peace" of the people.

5. The smiles - I don't know of any other big city that has the abundance of smiles that Bangkok has.

6. The freedom - the ability to life my life as I want, with little or no bureaucratic nonsense.

7. The lifestyle - sabai sabai, jai yen yen

8. The affordability - food, utilities, public transport so much cheaper here for me.

9. Oh, and of course.....It's not OZ!

Sure there are negatives.....but my glass is always half full! On the rare occasions I begin to feel a little down, I think of the alternative and that simply puts a smile on my face and brightens my day.wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cA.gif

Totally agree here mate. Sure there are negatives but the positive aspects of living here or trying to live here to me far out way the negatives. If they didn't we wouldn't all still be here............I think the whingers & complainers here would be whingers & complainers back in their own countries as well.

I love Thailand because.......wait.......hold on. Do I love Thailand? I sure don't love the whole thing from A-Z, hell no.

A LOT OF BAD THINGS HAVE HAPPENED TO ME IN THAILAND. OF COURSE, BECAUSE IT'S THAILAND.

but...I love all foods sold at whatever times at whoever comes by.

I love being told that I'm handsome.

I love Thailand for one of its daughters, which become my wife.

I love Thailand for blessing me with a healthy son.

....but most of all I love it because it frees my mind with its easy going way.

...ahh...and I forgot cheap booze, girls, etc.....