Visa extension from "Retirement" to "Married to Thai national"

My retirement visa expires in February 2015. I want to change it to an extension based on marriage to a Thai citizen.

Do they require 400k in the bank for 3 or 4 months prior to renewal? I have 1M in there now but it dipped below 400k for a couple weeks in early Nov. Will they be picky about that?

For my retirement visa last year I obtained a notarized statement of income from the U.S. embassy based on income from a business I own in Europe. Should I use that for proof of income for the new extension, a letter from Bangkok Bank or both, just to be sure?

My home and registered address is in Ubon. Do I make the application at Phibun, same office where you do the 90 day reporting?

Thanks in advance.

For an extension of stay based upon marriage the money only has to be in the bank for 2 months.

You can use the income affidavit from the embassy to prove your income is greater than 40k baht. You will not need to show the money in the bank if you have the affidavit.

They may be reluctant to change your extension to marriage if you show enough income for the retirement extension.

You will do the extension at Phibun.

If you qualify, for a retirement visa, I would stay with that, why change, and the requirement visa you get on the spot, no waiting 30 days, the paperwork is less, and you've done it before so you know the ins and outs. I qualify for both, but always get a retirement visa.

I wasn't aware it took 30 days. When would I need to apply if my current visa expires on day Feb 15 then? Before Jan 15?

What Issangeorge means is, if you apply for a retirement visa and have all the correct information for immigration, you will be in and out with a one year extension. If you decide to use a marriage visa you have to show alot more paper work and will have to come back 30 days later to get the full extension for the other 11 months. If I was you I would stick with the retirement extension, less hassle and less headaches.

Cheers!!

You can apply on the last day your permission to stay expires if you want...assuming that the immigration office is open of course. In your case, Feb 15 is a Sunday, so to be safe the last day would be Friday 13th.....I normally apply for a renewal of my extension to stay within the last 30 days before my permission to stay expires, which in your case would be between January 23 and February 13

When you apply for the extension based upon marriage at Phibun you will be given a under consideration stamp with a report back date that is 30 days from when you current extension ends.

You don't need to go in 30 days early to do the application.