Nicolas Anelka set to join Nakhonratchasima FC

Lite Beer

Ex-France striker Anelka on verge of joining Nakhonratchasima FC

Journeyman forward Nicolas Anelka reportedly reached an agreement to sign contract with newly-promoted Thai Premier Legue club Nakhonratchasima FC, with his move pending on approval from the club's board.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Ex-France-striker-Anelka-on-verge-of-joining-Nakho-30248392.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-23

Might come into the category of journeyman now, if still playing in England. In Thailand, I'd reckon on superstar if he plays to his full, current, potential. If you totted up all the transfer fees paid for him in his career it would be a very tidy sum. I'm struggling to think of another player who has had as much spent on him in transfer fees. I must look it up somewhere.

Might come into the category of journeyman now, if still playing in England. In Thailand, I'd reckon on superstar if he plays to his full, current, potential. If you totted up all the transfer fees paid for him in his career it would be a very tidy sum. I'm struggling to think of another player who has had as much spent on him in transfer fees. I must look it up somewhere.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicolas-anelka/profil/spieler/3226

Total transfer proceeds: 114,72 Mill GBP

• Like 1

Way way past his sell by date but still too good for SwatCat. I wonder if he has been told he won't be in Bangkok. This might be an attempt by the club to reduce the 'we feel stupid' factor when they announced they were going to sign Thierry Henry. Yeah course you are!

Known troublemaker, he likes to rock a wobbly boat and my god he's got the chance here.

Probably after the coach's job which won't be difficult judging by his coaching ability. Yes they won the league last year but beating what? Some of them weren't much better than pub teams. My dog could probably have picked a team to do that.

Was a great player but just milking a bit of money now I think.

His deliberately provocative hand signals will go down well here...Not!

Hope he hasn't seen Hunger games

• Like 1

I've just looked at the Nakhorn Ratchasima FC English language web site but there's no reference to Anelka at all.

The only reference I can find is a single tweet on their Twitter page that simply says:

#F**kAnelka

Looks like he'll be really popular if he comes whistling.gif.

Meanwhile a tweet on the Thai League football website (which is usually accurate) 16 hours ago says:

Nakon Rachasima board to decide whether or not to open negoatiations with Nicolas Anelka http://tl.smmonline.net/news/136990.

So it looks like it's not a done deal just yet.

Edited by sumrit

What about a work permit? I thought that it is illegal to take a job that a Thai could possibly do. Do they not have any talented football players?

The rules are changing next season.

Up until now each club could sign a maximum of seven foreign players.

In a match though there can only be a maximum of four foreigners on the pitch at any one time. Those four foreigners must be made up of a maximum of three from anywhere in the world and the forth one must come from another Asian country (known as 3+1).

So there will always be at least seven Thai nationals on the pitch. Assuming there are the 3+1 on the pitch, if you want to substitute a foreigner he can be replaced by either another foreigner or a Thai national. If the Asian foreigner is replaced with another foreigner his replacement must also be Asian.

As from next season the 3+1 rule and restrictions will still apply but the maximum number of foreigners a club can sign will now be reduced to just five.

He's coming here for the girls, he's a millionaire so I doubt he will play much football in this heat.,

If he was just coming for the girls he would be signing for Pattaya or one of the Bangkok clubs, not Korat.

The Korat girls are beautiful so I'm sure he would be able to find one of the best single girls money can buy there.

He's coming here for the girls, he's a millionaire so I doubt he will play much football in this heat.,

If he was just coming for the girls he would be signing for Pattaya or one of the Bangkok clubs, not Korat.

The Korat girls are beautiful so I'm sure he would be able to find one of the best single girls money can buy there.

I do know that. My first Thai wife was from northern Korat while my second, and current Thai wife comes from a village just a short distance from Korat's current football stadium biggrin.png .

Although I'm a Chonburi supporter, if Korat are at home when we are back in the village I always go to watch them.