Extending Non O For Marriage

Hi,

My one year Non O on the grounds of marriage is finished on Nov 26.

I have stretched it out for 15 months as advised on this forum.

Now I want to extend it for 2 months.

I was told that I could go to immigration and get a two month extension for

60 days and pay 1900bt for it.

Is this correct and if so .........What do I have to bring............

Does my wife have to come with me............

And what are my options when the 60 days are finished.

Thanks..

For the 60 day you will need passport photo, copies and originals of passport id page, last entry stamp, arrival/departure card, marriage certificate, wife id and house book and your wife, go to local immigration office. the last time i went they took a photo at the counter of the two of us together.

After the 60 days have finished a visa run to Savannakhet for another multi non 'O' , at the moment no proof of funds required. issued same day

beaten to the punch

Edited by steve187

O.K,

When do I do a 90 day reporting, is it on the same day I do the extension or after 90 days,

Also my wife's address on her tabian bahn is her mothers hose even though we live together in a different town.

Please reply promptly because if this is true I should be heading for Laos tonight.

If the worst comes to the worst can I still go and get 15 days at the boarder.

Awaiting your reply.

You don't need to worry about a 90 day report for a 60 day extension. The extension is equal to a report.

It does not matter where your wife's house book is for.

You put the address where are you living on the application. You may be asked for proof of that address.

From Police order 138/2557

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than 60 days.

1. Application form.
2. Copy of applicant’s passport.
3. Copy of household registration certificate.
4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality.
5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate.

You can stretch out a multiple entry visa to 15 months of total stay by doing an entry just before the visa expires to get another 90 day entry. If married to a Thai or have a Thai child you make it 17 months by getting a 60 day extension for the last entry.

The visas enter before date on the visa is just the last day you can do an entry it does not limit your time in the country.

That maybe the case in other Imm Centres but not in Phuket.... as I found out last week! You should exclude this advice for Phuket.

You can stretch out a multiple entry visa to 15 months of total stay by doing an entry just before the visa expires to get another 90 day entry. If married to a Thai or have a Thai child you make it 17 months by getting a 60 day extension for the last entry.

The visas enter before date on the visa is just the last day you can do an entry it does not limit your time in the country.

That maybe the case in other Imm Centres but not in Phuket.... as I found out last week! You should exclude this advice for Phuket.

What exactly is not true for Phuket?

Your earlier post asks about extending a visa for up to 15 months at immirgaiton, that cannot be done. You can only get 15 months on amultiple entry visa by leaving and re-entering every 90 days, the last time just before the visa expires.

Which part?

Only the 60 day extension is done at an immigration office. Phuket does the 60 day extensions on a regular basis. There have been reports of people getting them.

The stretching to 15 months is done by entering the country.

The 60 day extension part. They've either changed their rules or the staff don't know about it. I asked a third volunteer today and he said " because the marriage was outside the country then I had to use another entry(visa run)".

Which part?

Only the 60 day extension is done at an immigration office. Phuket does the 60 day extensions on a regular basis. There have been reports of people getting them.

The stretching to 15 months is done by entering the country.

The 60 day extension part. They've either changed their rules or the staff don't know about it. I asked a third volunteer today and he said " because the marriage was outside the country then I had to use another entry(visa run)".

You should talk to a real immigration officer not a volunteer.

They are confusing one year extension requirements with 60 day extensions.

The 60 day extension can be done with a foreign marriage certificate in English or a translation of it to Thai.

Of course Phuket may have their own requirements different from everywhere else like some others they have.

To get a number for the queue you need to show your docs and what your wanting.

You should talk to a real immigration officer not a volunteer.

They are confusing one year extension requirements with 60 day extensions.

The 60 day extension can be done with a foreign marriage certificate in English or a translation of it to Thai.

Of course Phuket may have their own requirements different from everywhere else like some others they have.