Hey where is my money going?

jamhar

I have a samsung galaxy grand.

I use Dtac and i normally get the 650baht

unlimited data package with 6Gig at high data rate.

I normally put in 800baht into my account monthly.

I rarely text (i use Line) and almost never user voice.

But i noticed that at the end of the month, my account is near zero

So one month, I elected to only put in 700baht.

sure enough, my account went to 0.52b in about a week with almost no

noticeable difference in service. I was still getting the crappy spam texts.

So question. What gives? Anyone know?

If i knew how to speak Thai, I'd ask the company,

but the service counter person's English isnt enough to ask a question like this.

(PS I use a nonsmart phone for voice :D)

When you answer a call from an unknown number and say, "hello?", you automatically authorize the cold-calling SMS services from then on to send SPAM and debit your account.

You need to call DTAC to cancel all the add-ons. If you DON'T use sms EVER, then have them BLOCK SMS. Problem solved.

• Like 2

Most Samsung phones have a setting to cap your data usage... You can also view a chart on usage by day... This may help you determine what app / service is eating you data capacity... Also turn off all unnecessary apps as they may be consuming bandwidth...

Dtac customer service speaks good English, I know as I have to call them frequently to complain.

You have to make sure that you have your package renew automatically, I think that is standard, and make sure the money is in the account before the previous package expires otherwise it will not renew and you will be charged per Mb you use.

• Like 1

You say:

"I have a samsung galaxy grand"

and then you say:

"PS I use a nonsmart phone for voice biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png"

Hate to tell you this, the Samsung Galaxy Grand is a Smart phone! thumbsup.gif

Are you telling us you carry two phones?

Then you say:

"I use Dtac and i normally get the 650baht unlimited data package with 6Gig at high data rate"

The 650 baht does not included the 7% added VAT. In my calculations that's 695.5 baht.

You were charged 4.5 baht in addition to your data plan.

That could be 3 SMSes or phone calls @ 1.5 baht/minute or SMS that you were charged for!

Note: Some unsolicited SMSes you get charged for!

and you can't call all numbers using Line.

When you answer a call from an unknown number and say, "hello?", you automatically authorize the cold-calling SMS services from then on to send SPAM and debit your account.

You need to call DTAC to cancel all the add-ons. If you DON'T use sms EVER, then have them BLOCK SMS. Problem solved.

1. Contact DTAC Call Center @1678 or 02 202 7000 and have them BLOCK unsolicited SMSes (they do speak English)
  2. Or change your Data plan!
Edited by BB1950
  • Like 1

"When you answer a call from an unknown number and say, "hello?", you automatically authorize the cold-calling SMS services from then on to send SPAM and debit your account."

Absolute unadulterated nonsense.

I turn data on my phone off.If not my usage would be so much,it's unbelievable

A 2Gb data allowance is included in my AIS monthly call package. I use the internet on occasion and check my email, but never switch off data.

Normally my real data usage is less than 500Mb per month.

It was said earlier and it is SO TRUE. If your promotion package price ends before you refill it you will loose it and its near impossible to get it back. On my first month or unlimited data i need had a problem using tons of data. My promotion expired and no matter how much I reloaded the account with it would burn up in a day or two. I brought a Thai to customer service with me and after countless promises from staff i put 500 baht on the accout only to see it evaporate in a day. I literally commuted myself to a life of wifi. If I dont have a free wifi connection I almost NEVER use data. I am sure this does not help you but I got to vent a little. I eventually donated my pocket wifi device to my GF and she has the same problems every month. 1 skype call and the entire data plan is gone. I give up.

It was said earlier and it is SO TRUE. If your promotion package price ends before you refill it you will loose it and its near impossible to get it back. On my first month or unlimited data i need had a problem using tons of data. My promotion expired and no matter how much I reloaded the account with it would burn up in a day or two. I brought a Thai to customer service with me and after countless promises from staff i put 500 baht on the accout only to see it evaporate in a day. I literally commuted myself to a life of wifi. If I dont have a free wifi connection I almost NEVER use data. I am sure this does not help you but I got to vent a little. I eventually donated my pocket wifi device to my GF and she has the same problems every month. 1 skype call and the entire data plan is gone. I give up.

That must be Thai style calls then, because I just checked my data usage and skype has use 8,64Mb between 17 and 24 November, and that includes Skype to be always on standby and 16.3 minutes of calls.

"When you answer a call from an unknown number and say, "hello?", you automatically authorize the cold-calling SMS services from then on to send SPAM and debit your account."

Absolute unadulterated nonsense.

indubitably .. . you're watching TV.

You need to call dtac. Just keep calling them. And talk to them in person. They will ignore you . But keep doing it. I continued doing it for months but eventually they got tired of me and removed my number from their spam list.

Edited by A1Str8

Don't know where you're staying but when I had money mysteriously disappearing from my (nonsmart) phone I went to a customer service office, once in Bangkok and once in Pattaya ... years apart, handed over the phone explaining the problem. They fixed it with no problem.

With most service issues, whether phone or other, I prefer if possible to talk to someone face-to-face. Language seems less of an issue since you tend to end up with someone coming forward who feels more confident to deal with English, especially if you don't appear on the verge of going ballistic.

Thanks for the reply guys. Some helpful suggestions here! :) (and some that are not so helpful but i'll take what i can get! :D )

I only use my android for data. I have a separate ph for voice. and yep i carry 2 phones. The smart phones battery life is too short for my lifestyle. My little mobile lasts a week on a single charge but has limited capability. and 400baht on the little mobile will last a couple of months of text and voice.

Good to know about the VAT. didn't realize that. That accounts for the additional 50 baht that was deducted a day after the 650 was pulled. weird that it occurred a day or 2 after the 650 was pulled, but i can live it it.

On my grand, i never answer text, nor send. Also, on both phones, I only answer calls and SMS if I have a positive caller ID

Still, i see 5 - 10 baht leaving every day.

Eventually, i think i'll do as alien365 suggests, and let my foot do the talking.

Again thanks a bunch! If you have additional ideas, please feel free to post. I'll check this post regularly for a week or more. I really am interested in whats going on. It just chaps my hide to see 30 cents leaving me daily without knowing where its going. Its the PM in me. 555

jamhar