Silver Lake

swissie

Unless someone can convince me of otherwise, I will never visit this place again.

Reason for not visiting, do they still have the human zoo freak show that is the "longnecks"?

Plenty of other places just as beautiful in the region, that thankfully havent yet been raped and pillaged.

IMHO the only ones who promote the area are the property developers.

The only one Long neck in this region is at Nong Nooch . We live a kilo or so away from where she is at. No freaks to speak of except the Gal from Chang mai from the long neck village. I haven't gone there since I saw the Long Neck village in Chaing Mai in 2004.

There are no developers in the Silverlake area. Believe it or not it is owned by ONE individual that owns many many Rai & does not sell any of it. He even bought back the lot across the street from the Canadian beauty pageant queen in 2007ish. There are zero developers in the vast Silverlake Winery . We tried 4 times to purchase land around the area & most of it is in fact owned by Silverlake winery.

To the OP it will most likely cost you 2000 baht for a driver & car for a full day but you can probably do the big Budda- Chinese temple -Feed the fish & the winery in a half a day for 1000 baht. I was going to say with a bike but it can be a little tricky driving if your not used to riding a scooter. We lived at Kao Chi Chan at our last house & if you don't go straight from there you wind up in Sattahib. Worth a trip out there for sure. We live about 8 kilos from there & feed the fish every week...Mainly for me to go cruisin on my Kawasaki 650

Unless someone can convince me of otherwise, I will never visit this place again.

Reason for not visiting, do they still have the human zoo freak show that is the "longnecks"?

Plenty of other places just as beautiful in the region, that thankfully havent yet been raped and pillaged.

IMHO the only ones who promote the area are the property developers.

The only one Long neck in this region is at Nong Nooch . We live a kilo or so away from where she is at. No freaks to speak of except the Gal from Chang mai from the long neck village. I haven't gone there since I saw the Long Neck village in Chaing Mai in 2004.

There are no developers in the Silverlake area. Believe it or not it is owned by ONE individual that owns many many Rai & does not sell any of it. He even bought back the lot across the street from the Canadian beauty pageant queen in 2007ish. There are zero developers in the vast Silverlake Winery . We tried 4 times to purchase land around the area & most of it is in fact owned by Silverlake winery.

Haven't been in the area for a long time, but I thought to recall that some housing estates were being built at the opposite site of the road at the Buddha mountain.