NLA to convene on impeachment cases of Yingluck, Somsak and Nikom this week

webfact

NLA to convene on impeachment cases of Yingluck, Somsak and Nikom this week

BANGKOK, 24 Nov 2014, (NNT) - A hearing on the impeachment cases of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, former Parliament President Somsak Kiatsuranont, and former Senate Speaker Nikom Wairatchapanich will be held on Thursday and Friday.

According to Phonpetch Wichitchonlachai, the President of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA), the impeachment, if goes on as scheduled, is in accordance with Section 6 of the 2014’s interim constitution, and Section 64 of the 1999’s constitution law on anti-corruption.

Mr. Phonpetch said the session on Thursday would deal with Mr. Nikom and Mr. Somsak and Miss Yingluck’s case would be processed on Friday.

The former Prime Minister has been accused of negligence for failing to stop corruption and losses in the rice pledging scheme. She chaired the National Rice Policy Committee when she was prime minister.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission found former Parliament President Somsak and former Senate Speaker Nikom guilty of violating the 2007 Constitution by pushing for charter changes in relation to the composition of the Senate.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-24 footer_n.gif

The former Prime Minister has been accused of negligence for failing to stop corruption and losses in the rice pledging scheme. She chaired the National Rice Policy Committee when she was prime minister.

Despite being chairperson of the rice committee, Yingluck admitted in the 2013 Censure debate against her government that she had never attended meetings of the National Rice Policy Committee.

• Like 1

Despite being chairperson of the rice committee, Yingluck admitted in the 2013 Censure debate against her government that she had never attended meetings of the National Rice Policy Committee.

If I was Ynglucks lawyer I would be checking the attendance record of previous PMs to committees of which they were Chairman.....

Just wondering and all....

Someone mentioned that each chairman/member position held, was paid in addition to the salary of their other position/s. Then many of the politicans were being given 100,000 baht/month by the Thaksin (trust fund?) in addition to government position salary, as paid by the good tax payers of Thailand, then add in the theft by corruption perks, tea money, perks taken by intidamation, etc and the life style attained/enjoyed by these leaches would make many countries PMs set up and take notice,

If I was Ynglucks lawyer I would be checking the attendance record of previous PMs to committees of which they were Chairman.....

She could perhaps start with her brother........................ keeping it in the family and all that.

Do you mean it's not the first time about a Trillion Baht 'evaporated' in less than three years? And also with a pseudo-PM 'I didn't know, I wasn't there' maybe? Tell us more please!

I may be naive but I think they may have to just settle for her being incompetent instead of corrupt.

Considering she was both, do you mean one charge should be droppped? And even when so, wouldn't it be more than enough to, never ever, let her come back in politics, and for sure not as a (pseudo-) PM? The little red garden midgets's tribe won't be happy hearing you say so, stay away from N. and E. ...

She could perhaps start with her brother........................ keeping it in the family and all that.

Thaksin always knew too well what he was doing was wrong, a huge difference, and a damning one too...

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1