SCAMMED! Again - 3rd Time. Just Trying To Import !

Scammed 3 times! As another poster has said, please don't be offended BUT ...Just maybe, your Thai wife of 6 months a year (when you're in Thailand) is taking the money and buying nothing but giving you a story.....Just a thought ....otherwise you really are an idiot for being done in 3 times and NOT learning.

Funny thing is I have two Thai kids in their 20's who run clothing stores in Malls and have NEVER been scammed. Of course they do all their buying in person and get the merchandise on the spot....something else to think about ....see the goods before you pay and take them with you when you do pay.

Hey good luck retired millionaire who has to start some small import business ....and 9 business's and 5 restaurants.(Did they all fail miserably as you had to have so many????)........... I owned one restaurant (for 20 years....VERY successful) and that was a side thing for me!

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

That is a thought, Thai wife just keeps the money. American wife asks where the money goes, answer is "I got scammed, again!!!" See?!?? I even posted about it on the TV forum.

Now American wife, I have to go to Thailand "to hands on research" these "factories" for six months, bye!!!!

sorry to say something doesn't sound right with your wife if you been scammed three times, please don't take any offense. Perhaps she is too gullible and nice.

If your wife met them at a shop, the sellers they would need to at least pay and put down a deposit for renting the shop, you should be able to get that info from the management. If your wife met them at some appointed location, than that should have raise red flags as well.

30 pcs will not get you any factory prices, ask your wife to go to Bobae or Platinum Mall like other members have mentioned. Never transfer the money in full if you have to wait for your goods to be made, at most put down a small deposit, and pay the rest upon delivery. If offers are usually too good to be true, its a scam. One of the easiest ways to identify a scam is to check the ip address of their email to see where they are located. There are many scammers from Africa and China in this scam business.

If you want to verify if its a factory, check their address on google and google maps to see if its indeed a factory or a fake location. You can't tell 100% if its a small operation, but that minimizes your odds of being scammed if you see the address is just a banana field.

Reputable factories also have land lines, call the number and verify who is on the other end! Most likely you will be purchasing from middlemen, so if they say they are a factory, its most likely a lie. Factories don't usually sell in such small quantities.

Remember shipping is pretty costly from Thailand, get an estimated rate before you purchase all that stuff and find out its too expensive and you won't be making any money!

If you want to purchase decent quality clothes, you should also check out shops from Korea. Cost is higher, I would say average are $20-30 / pc but quality and style are definitely better than the ones offered in Thailand. Shipping from Korea should be cheaper as well and less scammers. Not sure what your target market is, it may be too expensive.

Good luck!

• Like 1