Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson jury reaches verdict

webfact

The public prosecutor of the public, Robert McCulloch, can now be rightfully and morally considered to be a criminal defense lawyer who enthusiastically took on the case of Darren Wilson and the Ferguson PD..
Ferguson Idiot Prosecutor's Speech Blames Everyone But Darren Wilson
Ferguson prosecutor Robert McCulloch delivered a long-winded, smirking speech blaming social media, the media, journalists, neighborhood residents, and everyone else who isn't Darren Wilson, for Darren Wilson shooting and killing 18-year-old Michael Brown.
It took McCulloch 10 minutes of hectoring before he revealed the panel had found no probable cause to indict Wilson, and the rest of the 45-minute speech, in which McCulloch seemed to be presenting evidence in Wilson's favor, felt a lot more like defense attorney's argument than a prosecutors.
The very length of McCulloch's rambling statement, really, and the amount of evidence he felt compelled to argue against, was an argument that the case should have gone to trial.
The Department of Justice in Washington found a (probable cause) prima facie case to investigate the Ferguson PD and the St Louis county PD for a practice and pattern of violations of the Constitution and US civil rights laws.
DoJ has conducted prima facie investigations of 17 local police departments (there are 12,500 or so police departments in the country) and federal courts have found for DoJ in all 17, so the 17 PDs are operating under DoJ direct oversight. Another 35 to include Ferguson and St Louis county are currently being similarly investigated and I'm very confident DoJ will be 35 for another 35 because when the feds initial inquiry makes a prima facie finding, they know they have a strong case.
DoJ is also conducing a separate investigation of whether Wilson violated Michael Brown's civil rights, which is a civil not a criminal investigation in which FBI investigators from DoJ are obtaining under oath virtually everything related to the case.
The Brown family could file a civil case in United States District Court against Officer Wilson in which all relevant evidence will be sought including Wilson's still secret police report as well as videotapes related to the homicide killing. It will also allow them to question witnesses under oath, including police officers who arrived at the scene. The court hearings in a federal civil suit are public so everyone would be able to see all the evidence.
Judicial proceedings and other investigative proceedings by federal authorities are only just beginning, to include the possibility the Brown family will find civil charges, and it is very highly unlikely Wilson will ever work as a cop again unless it's as a private security guard for a right wing group.

Sour grapes today?

You've been dead wrong all along and most of us knew it. You're still dead wrong so why not just give it a rest?

The post is talking through its apeture my friend because I'd posted here a very long time ago that the fix wuz in, that Wilson would never be convicted or indicted on state charges and that is exactly what everyone is looking at right now as the in fact reality. Your rhetoric far exceeds your reality.

Darren Wilson remains technically as a member of the Ferguson PD but all the while he's been searching the want ads knowing he must resign. But what the heck, Wilson is shopping around the networks both cable and broadcast to extend his 15 minutes into a bit longer of a flare.

Darren Wilson has been meeting with network anchors: What the heck?

Credit CNN’s Brian Stelter with a very big scoop. On today’s “Reliable Sources” media-news program, Stelter reported that “high-profile news anchors” have spoken in “secret locations” with Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson. The sessions have been off-the-record and, the way Stelter tells it, they’ve been auditions for one of the biggest exclusives of this century — namely, the sit-down talk with the elusive officer who killed Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., on Aug. 9.

Some details exist. NBC News’s Matt Lauer, ABC News’s George Stephanopoulos, CBS News’s Scott Pelley and Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon of CNN have met with Wilson, according to Stelter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/11/23/darren-wilson-has-been-meeting-with-network-anchors-what-the-heck/

Darren Wilson will never be safe working in that ghetto again because every thug in the area will want the cred of being the one who got him.

There is no respect for the rule of law among many of those residents, and among some members of this forum.

The US has the rule of law and a grand jury comprised of ordinary citizens determined that the shooting was justified.

As has been reported here earlier, the grand jury had a buffet of things they could have charged Wilson with, down to and including just unlawful discharge of a firearm. After three months of working on this, they declined to charge anything.

That doesn't stop those who would loot and burn, or those who would post nonsense from doing as they see fit, though.

Everyone will see if the feds find anything according to the rule of law, as in the constitution which gives the federal government precedence over state law, in this instance the state of Missouri and its locality of Ferguson.

Neither conservatives nor the far right have a monopoly on the rule of law.

The trouble concerning the rule of law down there in Ferguson is that this may be the first time in American history a prosecutor successfully directed a grand jury to the absolute benefit of the defense and then went before the public to speak absolutely for the defense.

The prosecutor for the defense McCulloch is 5 for 5 in going to a grand jury to exonerate police who have shot unarmed citizens. if he were a baseball player he'd be batting 1.000 but that often happens early in the baseball season which runs a full six months and brings every early phenom back down to earth.

In a world where politicians want to regulate social media and the internet for inflammatory speech and send people posting on a message board to jail, what will happen to Michael Brown's stepfather, who actually did participate in a riot and incite others around him to burn down buildings? Free pass or go to jail? http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-brown-stepfather-burn-down-20141125-story.html

The public prosecutor of the public, Robert McCulloch, can now be rightfully and morally considered to be a criminal defense lawyer who enthusiastically took on the case of Darren Wilson and the Ferguson PD..

Sour grapes today?

You've been dead wrong all along and most of us knew it. You're still dead wrong so why not just give it a rest?

The post is talking through its apeture my friend because I'd posted here a very long time ago that the fix wuz in, that Wilson would never be convicted or indicted on state charges and that is exactly what everyone is looking at right now as the in fact reality.

Give it a break. Everyone who reads this forum regularly, knows that you only admitted that Officer Wilson would not be charged when it was leaked that the preponderance of evidence supported Officer Wilson's version of events and that he would be exonerated by the Grand Jury.

I see that the KKK support club is out in force here.

Why would you say that? Do people attack police officers in your country with impunity?

When I say "here" it means here on TVF, I am talking about comment who generalized about all black people being criminal.

Why would you say that? Do people attack police officers in your country with impunity?

When I say "here" it means here on TVF, I am talking about comment who generalized about all black people being criminal.

Yes I got that. In your country do people attack police officers with impunity?

No, but in my country there is a great chance that he would not have been shot, in fact I am pretty sure of that.

You rob a store and beat up a cop, whatever colour you are you're fair game for getting shot in my book. It's called tough titties. It was just unfortunate the perp was black. What do they want, immunity?

a) the store- robbery was not part of the deal and you very well know it! It is just a talking point, brought up by the right-wing media (Faux Noise).

It had nothing to do, with Michael Brown being shot, because at the moment of the shooting, Officer Willson did not know about it!

cool.png the "beat up a cop"- part is also not 100% cleared up, so...

Try harder!

Edited by DM07

You wrote, "I see that the KKK support club is out in force here."

No, but in my country there is a great chance that he would not have been shot, in fact I am pretty sure of that.

So? In your country a policeman has the right to defend himself from an attacking person. That was my point. You can't be sure of anything unless the same thing happens.

Skin color is meaningless except in this case the black folks think they can attack police officers in East St. Louis. It's the same reason the police and fire department didn't used to respond to calls on the South Side of Chicago in the projects. Black people shoot cops and fire department personnel in those places.

• Like 2

Legal scholars praise Ferguson grand jury for fairness beyond the norm

Legal experts across the country agree that while the process that led to a grand jury’s decision not to indict Officer Darren Wilson for killing Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, was unusual, it was not unfair. Rather if it was anything unusual, it was in its fairness and openness.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/25/legal-scholars-praise-ferguson-grand-jury-fairness/

• Like 1

RAW COURAGE: Papa John’s Female Manager Defends Store From Looters With Bare Hands (Video)

At the 1:10 marker the Ferguson Papa John’s manager confronts a looter with HER bare hands.

(This was a woman!)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/battle-ferguson-papa-johns-manager-defends-store-from-looters-with-bare-hands-video/

• Like 2

You rob a store and beat up a cop, whatever colour you are you're fair game for getting shot in my book. It's called tough titties. It was just unfortunate the perp was black. What do they want, immunity?

a) the store- robbery was not part of the deal and you very well know it! It is just a talking point, brought up by the right-wing media (Faux Noise).

It had nothing to do, with Michael Brown being shot, because at the moment of the shooting, Officer Willson did not know about it!

Try harder!

Huh?? Brown being involved in a robbery and assaulting the store clerk is nothing more than a "right-wing media talking point"?? Moments later Brown attacks an on duty police officer, and gets himself shot. (Faux Noise)??? Interesting post.

• Like 2

But none of this happened or is still ongoing in your country (wherever that is), now did it?

Your comments are off topic and, quite frankly, add nothing to the conversation.

Try harder!

Huh?? Brown being involved in a robbery and assaulting the store clerk is nothing more than a "right-wing media talking point"?? Moments later Brown attacks an on duty police officer, and gets himself shot. (Faux Noise)??? Interesting post.

It is, in the context of this case.

Michael Brown was not stopped for robbing a store, he was stopped for jaywalking.

There are as many witness account for an attack on the officer as there are against.

Try harder!

It is, in the context of this case.

Michael Brown was not stopped for robbing a store, he was stopped for jaywalking.

There are as many witness account for an attack on the officer as there are against.

Brown was in fact stopped for walking in the middle of the road with his 'bro' - Wilson told them to move to the side of the street. Brown made some slurs to Wilson ... Only a few seconds later - the radio call came in ... then Wilson pursued based on the robbery report. GO READ the Grand Jury Report.

• Like 1

Try harder!

Try harder? Shall I put it in bold type and pretty colours for you to better understand? I'd read on the BBC about the officer knowing about the robbery beforehand and also the perp attacking him and bruising his face. You really should make the effort yourself, or, better still, remove head from sand. There are plenty of fora out there for your to troll on, or join the resident nutters on YouTube, just stop messing up this site with tripe.

• Like 1

^ Yeah, let's make this a left/right hyper-partisan event too. bah.gif

Isn't it possible that this is just a case of two not so intelligent people crossing paths in the wrong place at the wrong time?

A stupid kid who should have known better and not mouthed off to the police officer. He definitely shouldn't have approached the police car and forced the door closed as the testimony indicates he did.

A police officer who should have handled the situation more professionally.

Either way, on the street, the police officer is always right. If you've got a complaint, file a lawsuit. You don't attempt to fight with a police officer on the street because more likely than not you're going to end up dead or in the hospital.

Replying to post #179 by CM Nightrider:

I am not hating anyone, not even racist coppers.

It DOES matter, by the way, why he was stopped, because action triggers reaction!

But of course, you know that, don't you?

It doesn't sit too well, with the population of a mainly "black" community, when they got stopped for no obvious reason by a mainly "white" police- force.

Come to think about it: I assume you know, but you couldn't care less, because the one time in your live that you got stopped by a cop, you didn't bother.

Come back, when you get stopped over and over and over again, by a cop for no obvious reason and tell me again, that it doesn't matter!

I would ask you, to walk a mile in the shoes of an African- American, being subjected to racial profiling.

But I guess, it makes no sense, because...racism in the US simply doesn't exist...right?!