Chao Lao Beach Hut rentals price

steve654

There is a member named Chao Lao Beach who, I think, moves around in that area, maybe he might respond to this or you could PMhim. With the greatest respect Craig I don't think these sort of places would appear on line. I know the area but not well

enough to comment on the OP

• Like 1

Agreed! Hopefully that member (Chao Lao Beach) will see this and post. Like you say, many places that the OP might be interested in won't be advertised on the internet...probably not anywhere other than a sign in Thai out front!

What I found here in Pattaya, if advertised on the internet, the price is high. Finding places here is best to just drive around and see what pops up.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

Think you'll struggle to find a place with a kitchen. It's developed far more than 'little huts' there are now many resorts in the 4-6,000 baht a night range, plus luxury ones eg Cabana Villa where top rate is 15,000 per night peak time, down to 7,500 during the week

Away from peak season there are numerous stand-alone chalet-style resorts at around 600b per night, single room plus bathroom. None I'm aware of have kitchen facilities.

For swimming - avoid the southern end of the beach past the pier, more mudflat than beach. Best from central heading towards Laem Sadet end of the beach

There are approx (lost count) 160 resorts of varying standards/price on the stretch from Paknam Khaem Nu through to Laem Sadet which includes the main Chao Lao beach area between.

Trip Advisor etc. They don't have a clue about the region. CL resorts may come up as being in Khlong Khud (amphur), Chanthaburi city, Chanthaburi province, Chao Lao and so on. Few have English language websites anyway.

Lots to do in the area - especially in the eco/environmental area - here for Chao Lao and here for wider Chanthaburi area

evening at Chao Lao 23 November 2014

tumblr_nfib2ztevs1r8w5s5o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Hi - September/October is generally good weather-wise ; my measure of good weather is how many times I cycle, and this year my monthly tallies 922 and 1014km Sept/Oct and a few times caught out in the rain. The photos on the link to my Chan tumblr blog show how the weather is/was and you can go back (use 'archive') and look at previous years. Yes there'll be rain but mostly buckets down then clears.

And it's not peak season, expect lower rates for accomm apart from the school hols usually mid-October for 2 weeks

Down-side is that you're likely to hit jellyfish season - have a look at these threads I put pics on from this year

Colorful jellyfish found drifting along shallow waters in Chanthaburi and Hundreds of tourists flock to see colourful jelly fish

Good if you want to see jellyfish - less appealing if you want to swim! They're very seasonal - there one day and gone a few days later, but could spoil a swimmer's enjoyment at the beach

I'm out of the country at present - get home on Xmas day, will have a look round re places with cooking facilities.

Depends a bit on what sort of holiday you want; there's no bars or nightclubs. Few western tourists. No one selling tourist stuff on the beach. Look at my photos, often beaches deserted during the week. Not for everyone. Lots to do in terms of environmental/nature in the Laem Sadet area 2.5km from CL beach.

Hi. Good to know September is generally ok. 1014km sounds like a lot of cycling to me, but good for you if you can do it!

Jelly fish are not really a problem as we like to hang around the beach but not really swim. Besides, it's fun to see all

the jelly fish I think. Reminds me of when I was young back home.

A quiet beach was what we were hoping for so that's ok. The only thing I think we will need I guess is a car as I don't see

any supermarkets or markets around there at all. I just see a little mini market, but looks like all packaged junk food

which won't help much.

How possible do you think it would be if we just show up and then try and make a deal with someone to rent two

houses near the beach for a month? Lots to rent or does it look limited there in general?

^ the nearest western-style supermarket is at Tha Mai, 16km away, a medium-size Tesco-Lotus.

29km to the larger T-L in Chan city, where there's also Big C, Tops all the usual ones

Chao Lao has maybe 5 or 6 mini-marts incl a 7/11

there is a daily fresh market in Chao Lao, on the corner by the dugong statue roundabout - fruit, vegetables, fish, meat etc (and t-shirts of course!)

Khlong Khud about 6km inland also has daily markets

I still don't know about houses. In fact I am unsure if there is even one 'house' for rent. As before, mostly chalet-style bungalows.

Transport. A problem without it, no public transport there, and taxis reluctant to make a one-way trip there.

No car rentals I'm ever found.

There are cycles and motorscooters available for rent.

The gasoline station on the road thru C-L is next to a mini-mart and holiday resort all run by same family, and they have cycle/scooter rentals also. May be a good place to start - central location.

Thanks for that info! I already feel better knowing where the markets are and so on. Really appreciate your help on this.

Is it normal to have a fridge in the chalet-style bungalows? As for houses, I have never been to Chao Lao and just thought

there would be a mass amount of houses behind the beach with many owners eager to rent them. I need to tell everyone

that it's probably going to be a room with washroom so they know from now.