Breakfast In Bangkok

NedKelly

Having travelled quite a lot, I have found that in some cities there are certain acfes or restaurants that have a reputation for being a good place to have breakfast. For example in Hanoi there is the Cafe Moca which is a nice place to sit in the morning with a newspaper, some good coffee and one of thier great breakfasts.

Is there anywhere like this in Bangkok. I dont mean just good food, it has to have good atmosphere also. It must be the sort of place you can relax and have a leisurely breakfast. Anyway, if you know of some place, share it here !

Its all good !

At the Cafe Moca in Hanoi they had a 'big breakfast' with bacon, eggs, toast and all that stuff.......I dont eat this sort of thing much anymore but sometimes it's nice to go out for a splash !

I have been to Kuppa, its a nice place.

In Sydney we would sometimes meet up at Kings cross on a Sunday morning to have breakfast on the sidewalk and watch sandal clad tourists walk past; still drunk locals emerging from some dodgy hole in the ground; street workers on their way home after a hard night on the street and homeless people arising from piles of newspapers on park benches. All very colourful.

The waitresses were always swedish, english, german or japanese backpackers.

Hey Candyflip.....those jok stands near the 7/11 are great. I used to live near there and walk around late in the evening sometimes to have a bowl. It was good to watch all the young Thai people eating before going to Susies Pub for a rage. I never tried them for breakfast though.

i have not been to bangkok in 10 years. i have missed it since i left to return to the u.s. hope to return within the next year. i love reading all your discussions about bangkok.i can just imagine being there. thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Around Sukhumvit you might try "took ladii" in Foodtown (if you can find a seat) food is Ok, servise quite fast (they want to free up the seat that you waited so long for)

Jools is a good place, food IMHO is Ok and then you can make yourself comfortable for the day and listen to all the "old timers stories" for the rest of the day. Ya can't help but be impressed with the "whos who" that gather here, particularly if it is your first visit to the realm. :o

Someone asked for breakfast on Phra Athit - my suggestion is Ricky's coffeeshop.

Great baguettes with the works, mustard, blue cheese, crispy bacon, veggies - you choose! Their coffee is legendary too, and the girls working there are the sweetest thing you'd ever see.

I used to drop in there almost every day on my way to Thammasat when I did my time in the Big ole Smog.

• 2 months later...