Thai PM threatens to bar Yingluck from travelling abroad

Lite Beer

She should have said:

While I'm at the wheel driving the people forward to total bankruptcy, Thank Buddha, suddenly, someone points an imaginary gun at my head and tells me to get lost.

Bar her from everything, she was she is and she will be a liability to this country.

Where did you get that nonsense from? Clearly not by looking at the Thai economy which saw year on year increases of over 5% the whole time she was in office. Compare that to what has happened since, zero growth and actually the slowest now in se Asia, it is quite clear that the current situation is in no way sustainable and unless things change next year than bankruptcy is now on the cards again for the first time since the 1990's. Edited by kieran2698

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Yingluck describing her removal from office was AS THOUGH "suddenly, someone points a gun at my head and tells me to get out of the car while I'm at the wheel driving the people forward".

Prayut hit out at her remarks, saying to reporters: "Who pointed the gun at her?"

It was a simile, my dear fellow, a simile - not meant to be taken literally. Either Prayut was being deliberately obtuse, or he's obviously not the sharpest,.. etc, etc,

Well spotted....but... and where you don't get to go to the ball for your reward Cinderella...and you for even one second did not consider that Prayuth was applying the same back?

Edited by Roadman

He must have sleepless nights.

Paranoia and reds under the bed!

And now it has been shown that the article was fake and has been removed from the BP.

Guess there will now be apologies to Ms Yingluck from the "gun pointer" - maybe not, it's a face thing you know!

"Who pointed the gun at her?" - If Prayut doesn't know, we've all got problems...

No one pointed the gun at her. She is a drama queen seeking attention. No one pointed the gun at her.

What planet are you living on?

Certainly not the Red one....

Mars?

No finger pointing allowed -- especially three finger pointing!

A certain gentleman has justified the transfer of 5 senior BIB for failing to prevent a couple of students in Khon Kaen giving the salute in his presence !

Can we supplement the ' D ' word with others like paranoia, egotism and even more that would have the mods freaking out ?

That would happen in any country. The US Secret Service boss resigned because of security failures. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29452829

• Like 1

Let me ask General who is in theory pointing the gun now , the same one that pointed in theory at Yingluck, what Yingluck was conveying was that she had no option, faitacomplie , as for travelling, that is a bit rich, seeing as we are 1 month away from a court case , one would have thought that instructions would have been issued that all travel is now restricted to Thailand. just normal practice. coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Who pointed the gun at her?" - If Prayut doesn't know, we've all got problems...

She removed herself from office when she dissolved Parliament. No?

No. She remained as interim PM in charge of an interim cabinet until elections were held.

She should have said:

While I'm at the wheel driving the people forward to total bankruptcy, Thank Buddha, suddenly, someone points an imaginary gun at my head and tells me to get lost.

Bar her from everything, she was she is and she will be a liability to this country.

Where did you get that nonsense from? Clearly not by looking at the Thai economy which saw year on year increases of over 5% the whole time she was in office. Compare that to what has happened since, zero growth and actually the slowest now in se Asia, it is quite clear that the current situation is in no way sustainable and unless things change next year than bankruptcy is now on the cards again for the first time since the 1990's.
Indeed it was a prosperous time for the country: 5% growth and the PEOPLE also benefited, as inflation didn't increase drastically...oh wait rolleyes.gif

No, inflation did not increase dramatically, throughout Yingluck's term inflation was fairly constant and stayed between 2% and 4%. Hardly the 10%+ inflation seen during Leekpai's government is it? 1998-1999, now that was a dramatic increase.

It's all unravelling ever so slowly for the junta.

Bringing his style of happiness to the thai people is not quite going his way and all were getting day after the day is how unhappy he is.

Now to really top it off he should not only ban her from travelling overseas but to take a leaf out of the Burma juntas how to stage a coup manual 101 and confine her to house arrest.

That one really worked!

Anyway once again the name Yingluck appears and the junta is rattled knowing she was the peoples choice.

Guess the attitude adjustments need a little tweak!

Get you fact straight for once, she wasn't elected by the people therefore she isn't the peoples choice. Simple, even for you to understand

• Like 2

No, inflation did not increase dramatically, throughout Yingluck's term inflation was fairly constant and stayed between 2% and 4%. Hardly the 10%+ inflation seen during Leekpai's government is it? 1998-1999, now that was a dramatic increase.

You're blaming Leekpai for the 97 crash and the crappy economy afterwards?

• Like 1

You're blaming Leekpai for the 97 crash and the crappy economy afterwards?

No I'm not, of course he was not to blame for the crash, that was, if anyone Thai's, Yongchaiyut's fault, although the crash was through Asia. I used it merely as an example of a time when inflation actually has increased dramatically in counter to the erroneous claim that it did so during Yinglucks time. Leekpai didn't deal with it very well though, hence the massive inflation some two years later.

• Like 1

..........let we forget that Thailand was 'raped and pillaged' at the hands of her government...

...to the tune of trillions probably....

....it seems like not one of their deals was not tainted....and did not result in monumental losses.....to Thailand...

It is not a question about what she said, but the fact that she was brave enough to say it!!

About time political leaders from both sides show a little courage!!

Funny, but when the new Prime Minister is brave enough to say something, like "How about we give the rice farmers the money owed to them, and stop the redshirts from murdering people and terrorising the country"............he is shot down in flames.

Yingluck supporters should have a long, hard look at themselves.

• Like 1

Makes perfect sense, she is a suspected and being charged of massive corruption, for sure she should not be allowed to travel. See what her odious Desert Coward Brother did.

Well mrtoad, do you know something the rest of us don't? As I understand it Ms Yingluck is being investigated for negligence not corruption.

No one pointed the gun at her. She is a drama queen seeking attention. No one pointed the gun at her.

A drama queen with a penchant for trying to re-write history and bursting into tears, when appropriate, followed by laughter at the idiots who believed her performance.

No one pointed any gun at her. She fckued up herself with the amnesty bill fiasco and one or two lies too many. She eventually, or rather her brother, dissolved parliament moving her into caretaker role. She was removed because a court found she had acted illegally in moving people so she could place a family member in a key position. No one forced her to do these things, well, apart from her fugitive brother.

If the PM wants to dig about, maybe they should check and see if the duty was paid on the much reported 30 plus pearl necklaces she bought in China; and anything else above her duty free limits.

• Like 2

PM Prayut critical of Ms Yingluck’s criticism

11-17-2014-8-35-05-PM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha hinted yesterday that the former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra might be barred from leaving abroad, or even had her financial transactions halted if she continued giving political comments which could led to political unrest in the country.

The prime minister’s indication was in respond to recent interview to Bangkok Post about the May 22 coup that overthrew her administration.

In the interview, Ms Yingluck said being elected was like being “handed the car keys” to Thailand and asked to drive.

When the coup-makers seized power Ms Yingluck said it was as though someone had “put a gun to her head” and told her to get out of the car “while she was driving the people forward”.

But Gen Prayut was highly critical of her analogy, saying it was her political discourse.

“Who hijacked her car?” he asked.

He said if her comment stirred up opposition and lead to disturbance, he would ask the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to look into it.

The NCPO has rules and measures to deal with unrest from soft to tough, he said.

“Some may not be permitted to travel abroad … the next level may be that they are banned from financial transactions. These are the rules,” he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-prayut-critical-ms-yinglucks-criticism

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-26

• Like 2

She's using a figure of speech.She is not saying that a real gun was pointed at her. What is with some of you people.

How many Thai "up country" people do you think understand the difference between a figure of speech and speaking literally?

My mother in law still refuses to accept Yingluck could possible have done anything wrong. Father in law and rest of family now just shake their heads knowingly. Not her fault - she simply can't understand the political machinations and complexities and has had years of "Thaksin and Shins good, others bad" drummed into her by red shirts, red radio, village headman, etc. Many of the intended audience of this article will be the same. It puts a picture of poor brave Yingluck being forcibly removed from office under armed threat whilst she was valiantly trying to keep in control. And yes, some will be naive enough to believe it.

• Like 1