Thai Army chief says majority supports govt; student critics are 'same old faces'

webfact

Majority ... you know ... 48%.

Did you bitch about majorities all the time back in your old country, or did you understand the rules along with the majority of sensible voters, that the political party that gets more votes than any other political party in an election gets the first chance to form a government?...................................coffee1.gif

But not the first chance to disrespect the majority and go against their wishes after the first election.

That is why reform is needed.

Thanks Fab.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you bitch about majorities all the time back in your old country, or did you understand the rules along with the majority of sensible voters, that the political party that gets more votes than any other political party in an election gets the first chance to form a government?...................................coffee1.gif

And abuse power and break all possible laws?

Where was I bitching about PTP forming government?

It's pretty easy to see that day after day now it's either the general or one of his muppets churning out headline after headline with their propaganda because they just can't win the people over.

It's not the like the old days and the media is slowly but surely reporting on news stories that they would have 2 months ago.

I know it hurts the minority junta supporters on here but if an election was held now the PTP would win easily however if this drags on and the attitude adjustments continue then I'm afraid that a Yingluck led PTP would absolutely decimate the yellow dems.

The more they mention the shinawatras you can see that they have know answers of how they will ever swing the peoples opinion away from their elected party.

You understand checks and balances, right? Now detail what abuse of power the PTP apparently employed along with a list of all possible laws they broke without any retribution via the constitutional and administrative courts (and please do not think that I regard their actions as independent and unbiased in any way) and then I may take your comments seriously and not regard them as just pandering to the usual suspects on here.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. When the ignorant masses have no idea what democracy is (doubt most could spell it) then it's easy to get them to swallow a dictatorship run by fascists.

How on earth is Thailand going to cope with AEC ... the fact is they won't because they'll never be able to understand it and will go against all the nationalistic and protectionist propaganda they've been spoon fed.

How does forming government suddenly make 48% a majority?

I ask people who understand and have relatives [who oppose the NCPO and the government] to take care and warn them so that the country can move forward in accordance with the steps laid down by the government and bring about happiness.

I understand the Gen has booked Ken Dodd for a sing a long. (Brits of a certain era should comprende)

" Happiness, Happiness the greatest gift I posess. . . "

That wouldn't surprise me at all. When the ignorant masses have no idea what democracy is (doubt most could spell it) then it's easy to get them to swallow a dictatorship run by fascists.

How on earth is Thailand going to cope with AEC ... the fact is they won't because they'll never be able to understand it and will go against all the nationalistic and protectionist propaganda they've been spoon fed.

Good spelling is not a prerequisite for taking part in a democracy. Nor is literacy. Verbal communication is sufficient. Around the world powerless people have been abused, disenfranchised and even tortured. But just because they cannot spell abuse of power,injustice or torture does not mean they are stupid nor does it mean they are not aware of the injustice or torture they are experiencing. Your elitist snobby view is just a poor justification for the abusive powers of the state all round the world.

You understand checks and balances, right? Now detail what abuse of power the PTP apparently employed along with a list of all possible laws they broke without any retribution via the constitutional and administrative courts (and please do not think that I regard their actions as independent and unbiased in any way) and then I may take your comments seriously and not regard them as just pandering to the usual suspects on here.

Here we go again. You are a hard learner it seems. Or you support red corruption?

Read this! In fact everybody should read it.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/26/politics/politics_30014674.php

It's pretty easy to see that day after day now it's either the general or one of his muppets churning out headline after headline with their propaganda because they just can't win the people over.

It's not the like the old days and the media is slowly but surely reporting on news stories that they would have 2 months ago.

I know it hurts the minority junta supporters on here but if an election was held now the PTP would win easily however if this drags on and the attitude adjustments continue then I'm afraid that a Yingluck led PTP would absolutely decimate the yellow dems.

The more they mention the shinawatras you can see that they have know answers of how they will ever swing the peoples opinion away from their elected party.

Pure desperation.
  • Like 1

Its like saying all the hostages in the bank are Happy and the guy writing" help" on the window just needs an attitude adjustment and is an old hand hostage who isn't fitting in?

Who the hell would buy that?

Same Same but different-

Thailand is Not free to express it opinion - so the surveys they perform mean nothing -

The student protests are widely seen as pro democracy in western countries (which mostly are democratic) so eventually your problem will be the people from those countries shocked by it

Same old faces, lets hope it isn't the same ones that lead the student rebellion and ousted the last Junta government, but you are right Sir it is the same old faces , same old attitude , same old tired B/S same everything actually , glad you pointed that out. coffee1.gif

How does forming government suddenly make 48% a majority?

You're the one who is obsessed with the word, not me. If you get bent out of shape every time some says majority when they mean that a political party got more votes than the other political parties, it's not my problem. Is it really worth repeating ad nauseam on a forum?

Relax, live a little, get a life, whatever applies........................coffee1.gif

You're the one who is obsessed with the word, not me. If you get bent out of shape every time some says majority when they mean that a political party got more votes than the other political parties, it's not my problem. Is it really worth repeating ad nauseam on a forum?

Relax, live a little, get a life, whatever applies........................coffee1.gif

You know what everyone means when they talk about majority? You're an amazing mind reader.

And you still somehow go off on a tangent and talk parties forming government? It seems your mind reading is selective.

Here we go again. You are a hard learner it seems. Or you support red corruption?

An 8 year old article about the Shinawatra family business interests written by an anti Thaksin lecturer has precisely what relevance to

(1) This thread

and

(2) my post?

I look forward to you posting this link repeatedly on other equally irrelevant occasions..........................................coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

"In the long run, we will hold a proper election that is perfect, as expected by most people and the government," he said.

So a perfect election will go as expected by the government. Democracy fail, I'm afraid.

Bangkok ONLY Bangkok is not Thailand ....

An 8 year old article about the Shinawatra family business interests written by an anti Thaksin lecturer has precisely what relevance to

(1) This thread

and

(2) my post?

I look forward to you posting this link repeatedly on other equally irrelevant occasions..........................................coffee1.gif

It doesn't matter how old it us. It explains how the Shin clan increased their wealth through corruption. :)

these guys are real comedians.

In a related development, National Security Council (NSC) secretary-general Anusit Kunakorn revealed yesterday that Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan had instructed security agencies to keep a close eye on various groups, including those in the provinces.

and this

The move came after Prime Minister Prayut ordered both the NRC and King Prajadhipok's Institute (KPI) to open a forum to listen to students who think differently to the government and were coming out to oppose it.

knowing that the KPI is the absolute heart of conservative, traditional elite thinking in Thailand, and that the NRC is a junta-hand-picked 'reform council', this guy just basically said, "step forward, give us your democratic input and we will have security agencies keep a close eye on you. Thank you for cooperating with the NCPO."

It's too bad that Thai comedians - real ones, not four star versions - can't do normal stand up routines these days. They would have hours of material after every news cycle.

Not the same old faces of the 76 pro democracy protesters. They were hung from lamp posts and burnt alive. But whoever these young men and women are: they are incredibly brave and deserve out full support. We who never had to watch a military junta steal our vote are humbled by these young Thais.

Foreign Policy magazine has an interview of Thongchai Winichakul, a 76 protester who was jailed for two years, now a professor of history at University of Wisconsin-Madison. I won't provide a link because the interview contains a couple of benign references to the topic that must not be mentioned, but ends with:

"But the structural change, in terms of people now being educated about electoral democracy, cannot be rolled back. The conservative side still believes Thailand is a kind of extended version of a small village. They believe that a good authoritarian father has the virtue to guide people to goodness. That's impossible. Thailand has developed so much that democracy in one form or another is needed, because they must allow people to negotiate their different interests. I believe that democracy is not West or East. Whenever a society becomes more complex, at a certain point, people's differences in interests are so great that it's impossible to contain. Democracy is the only good system for that kind of complex society."

I agree. Unfortunately the conservative elite seem to live in some kind of bubble. They seem unaware that the current generation of young Thias contain a great many intelligent, ambitious people who are knowledgeable about the outside world and are looking forward, not backward. Quite a few ex-pats also seem unaware of this (perhaps they only associate with the less intelligent, unambitious Thais). These young people will continue to respect tradition and traditional leaders that do not hold them back, but will reject those that do. The junta ignores this at their peril, and at great peril to Thailand as well.

• Like 1

Students with old faces ?

some old face faction how try to disrupt reform process........

A self elected junta made up of a military oligarchy, in any country in the world, who steal the people's vote with guns and imprisonment can not be called reformists except by fascist sympathisers.

When a political party win election with cheating, threatening and vote-buying, when an "elected" use terrorism to silent opponent and kill children, when an "elected" government use extra judicial process for kill some innocent people without trial, when an "elected" government try to topple rule of law and constitution by illegal means, when " an "elected" steal money from tax payer, steal and cheating poor farmers I'm not call this democracy but Shins Dictatorship

All of this "elected" people believe they are above the law, now it's time to change this for Thailand have true democracy........

And work begin and not please to old factions....... First their ally in police begin to loose their influence, some of them have been jail now..........

Edited by than