Deputy PM Prawit confident most Thais support the government

webfact

Deputy PM Prawit confident most Thais support the government

BANGKOK, 27 November 2014 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, who is also the Defense Minister, has admitted that there are silent groups opposing the coup in Thailand’s upcountry regions. However, he remains confident that most Thais support the government.

Deputy PM Prawit commented it was normal for him to learn that some people still bore resentment against the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). Nonetheless, he believed that the situation was still under control, as the majority of Thai people were aware of the reason why the NCPO had to step in, while adding that most Thais had for so long yearned for peace and happiness.

General Prawit affirmed that the NCPO and the government would try their best to lead the country under democratic principles and under the framework of the interim constitution. He also called on his political opponents to be patient and wait until the government had completed their duties and finished solving the country’s problems during the upcoming year.

When asked about academics’ requests on ways to reduce the power of martial law, the deputy PM said he would be happy to consider suggestions from all sides, as long as they would not lead to conflicts. General Prawit reiterated that the country would be administered under the NCPO’s roadmap, and that a general election would be held in 2016, if the new constitution is completed.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-27 footer_n.gif

Most people do not understand anything about economic situation in Thailand because the not suffer yet, soon there will be more and more unemployment and companies leaving Thailand, tourism way down and maybe then they will not be supporting the Junta anymore.

• Like 1

Most people do not understand anything about economic situation in Thailand because the not suffer yet, soon there will be more and more unemployment and companies leaving Thailand, tourism way down and maybe then they will not be supporting the Junta anymore.

I don't think you are in touch with the business people. Businesses in every sectors have been suffering since last October onwards. I am in the thick of it and suffered a 25% drop in revenue and most business friends said I am lucky. I blamed it on the PDRC shutdown and the coup. It can only get better after the next election.

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, who is also the Defense Minister, has admitted that there are silent groups opposing the coup in Thailand’s upcountry regions. However, he remains confident that most Thais support the government.

Silent because they are fearful of being taken away for an attitude re-adjustment. If he and the Junta General are so confident then initiate an election and include themselves ... only then will they know the true support from the people.

• Like 1

In Bangkok and Samui for sure

Look carefully, there is another one in Khon Kaen and he is not trying to be invisible..............

Did you renounce your Greek citizenship then and become a Thai? ?.

I was speaking about the wife.

Even you can get it wrong sometimes......smile.png

Ahh I thought he was talking about the mayor of Khon Kaen - Djjamie to us mere mortals.

Anyway Costas are you married to a ladyboy or what?

Look carefully, there is another one in Khon Kaen and he is not trying to be invisible..............

• Like 2

I know this is a little left field....but when I ask the Thai gf why she likes the current situation and why she likes having the current PM..... she doesn't directly address the question. Its more statements like ALL the police are corrupt and ALL the pollies the same.

I come from AU and yes like other western countries we have corruption, but in general the population believes in these institutions including the judiciary.

Maybe I understand her sentiments.

In Bangkok and Samui for sure

If you took off your ochre tinted glasses you might be able to see your keyboard better, unless your wife has been drinking dodgy kool aid that's turned her into HE ?

Indeed I do get something's wrong but never my wife's gender!! ?

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 2

If you took off your ochre tinted glasses you might be able to see your keyboard better, unless your wife has been drinking dodgy kool aid that's turned her into HE ?

Indeed I do get something's wrong but never my wife's gender!! ?

Ahhh, sorry, forgot to tell you, wife is a ladyboy.

Get confused sometimes to call her, he or she.................

I wish they would stop calling it a government...it's a JUNTA.

Junta (/ˈhʊntə/ or /ˈdʒʌntə/) may refer to: Governance: Military-led government: Military junta, a government led by a committee of military leaders.

They really do need it to be spelt out for them.

2 weeks ago it had to be explained that Prayut IS in fact a politician after a TVF member said "I wish they would stop calling him a politician, he is a military leader"

Edited by djjamie

Why on earth do they keep reinforcing this message they are so popular. I do understand there is some stubborn, bitter and twisted folk that it simply won't sink into, but that 7% are a small minority.

Any dumby would prefer a peaceful and stable Thailand realigned on a road to democracy than having daily terrorist attacks in the capital killing innocent women and children done with impunity by a government that ignored the majority (yes, yes yingluck was elected!)

If one would prefer the latter then they are either part of the 7% or grew up in a war zone and know no better.

Honestly. Do more than 7% prefer terrorism and innocent blood spilt while not holding the terrorists responsible? Me and my family don't and I have never met anyone that does except maybe the 15 people in Khon Kaen that threatened my family and I when we went to hear Ahbisit talk. AGAIN done with impunity.

I think the PTP rigged the polls to be quite honest. It should read 99%!!!

Edited by djjamie