Visa run to Ranong

Hi all ,

I would like to know if any of you have done a visa run to Ranong recently . I'm at the end of 90 days(5 Dec) and I need to make a border run , I know that there are runs to Satun but 900 Km. in 1 day looks to much for me , 600 (Phuket-Ranong) are enough.

I stay in Phuket and I've been told by immigration officers that I can go to Ranong , so I need some feedback from any of you been there recently .

Last I would like to inform you, that with a triple entry tourist visa you are allowed to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of stay of 180 days in 1 year,

I've read some posts where someone saying that you can use all 3 entrys and stay in Thailand for about 270 days( 9 months) , this in not true

The olny way to use 3 entrys is to no make any exstension at all , after 180 days must go out from the country and cannot come back before more 180 days , I was supposed to stay 8 months this year but it seems like I'm forced to go home before.

Thanks for any replay

There is no 180 day rule. That is complete rubbish.

I assume you have already done the 30 day extension of your first 60 day entry.

You can do a border run to Ranong to use your 2nd entry.

You must do the 3rd entry prior to or on the enter before date on your visa sticker. That is the only restriction you have.

• Like 1

I agree that is rubbish , unfortunatly it looks true

This is what 6 immigration officers told me in Bangkok(at my arrival) and Phuket town few days ago, at this point is very important for me to figure out the true . can u help me ?

This is what 6 immigration officers told me in Bangkok(at my arrival) and Phuket town few days ago, at this point is very important for me to figure out the true . can u help me ?

It is not true. There is absolutely no rule that says you can only be in the country for 180 days a year.

Perhaps a misunderstanding when they were referring to your visas 6 month validity.

It is not true. There is absolutely no rule that says you can only be in the country for 180 days a year.

Perhaps a misunderstanding when they were referring to your visas 6 month validity.

Who told you or when you can read that there is no such rule ? I hope you right ubonjoe but I didn't misunderstanding them , they told me : peolple who come in Thailand with a tourist visa are allowed to stay for a maximum period of 180 days per year , the rest of the period out of the country , they were not referring to validity of the visa but about a new rule

Edited by Keebon70

You will not find the rule anywhere.

Plenty of posts of people staying here much longer than 180 days a year on tourist visas and visa exempt entries on this forum,

I don't think they will be able to do the same this year , when I have time I go back to town to ask information and I will let you know , I think this is a very important issue that many people need to know about

If such a rule existed we would know about it already.

dear ubonjoe , I just spoke with the italian consul in phuket and he confirmed what I was trying to tell you , 180 days are the limit of stay , from August the 12

Edited by Keebon70

If such a rule existed we would know about it already.

dear ubonjoe , I just spoke with the italian consul in phuket and he confirmed what I was trying to tell you , 180 days are the limit of stay , from August the 12

If you want to believe that false info it is up to you.

No changes of any kind went into to effect on August 12th. That was just a date set for immigration to start enforcing in/out visa exempt entry restrictions at the airports.

I can assure their have been hundreds of people that have gone over 180 days here since August 12th.

Hi Keebon

Listen to Ubonjoe he knows his stuff, you will have no problem, like he says there are loads of people in Thailand who stay longer than 180 days per year on a triple entry tourist visa with extensions, then leave the country get another and return within a day or so. If the rules had changed recently Thai visa forum would collapse with the number of posts regarding this and there would be a lot of worried long term tourists in Thailand. You will have no problem.

Hi Keebon

Listen to Ubonjoe he knows his stuff, you will have no problem, like he says there are loads of people in Thailand who stay longer than 180 days per year on a triple entry tourist visa with extensions, then leave the country get another and return within a day or so. If the rules had changed recently Thai visa forum would collapse with the number of posts regarding this and there would be a lot of worried long term tourists in Thailand. You will have no problem.

I guess you're right guys , but still uncertain about it , good if there are many people like me on triple entry , I also stay 8 moths a year every year, it would be very appreciated if any of them will tell us if they also been told by immigration the same thing as happened to me.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, planning my move now, how does one get a 180 days visa and get another one and be back in a day? Is it really that easy?

Side note: If it was that straightforward, why are there many organisations offering 1 year visas for their courses/schools?

(Not trying to disprove what is being said as many are probably doing it and breezing through, but need to find out most importantly, HOW to get it done).

Many thanks in advance!

Hi guys, planning my move now, how does one get a 180 days visa and get another one and be back in a day? Is it really that easy?

Side note: If it was that straightforward, why are there many organisations offering 1 year visas for their courses/schools?

One needs to be married to a Thai or have a Thai child, for a multiple entry non-imm. 'O' visa.

Some people has multiple-entry non-imm 'B' visa for working in Thailand.

• Like 1

Ah, I see. Thanks paz! Some criteria there.... .

So for the rest of us... it's gotta be an ED Visa then? (With a regular 90 day reporting, from what I gather on the different threads of this forum).

I am looking to be there for a year or so.

What are the likelihood of getting 6 months tourist visas back to back? Or 60 days tourist visas with 90 days extensions for the entire year? Any clue?

Sometimes it even seems that overstaying is not that poor and option considering the many hoops to jump through. Then again... it's better to find out as much as I can before I make the move..... 'just in case'. Never know what can happen during an entire year.

Edited by MrB2015

So for the rest of us... it's gotta be an ED Visa then? (With a regular 90 day reporting, from what I gather on the different threads of this forum).

I am looking to be there for a year or so.

What are the likelihood of getting 6 months tourist visas back to back? Or 60 days tourist visas with 90 days extensions for the entire year? Any clue?

ED visa has become expensive, taxing in terms of study required, and hassling because of immigration treatment. You best choice is a double entry tourist visa in Vientane or Savannakhet, Laos, for as many times as necessary.

• Like 1

Sometimes it even seems that overstaying is not that poor and option considering the many hoops to jump through. Then again... it's better to find out as much as I can before I make the move..... 'just in case'. Never know what can happen during an entire year.

Overstay is not a good idea also because if you are caught or ratted you would be detained in horrible conditions, and forced to buy a ticket to home country with an airline of their choice. If you had no money to pay the fine or ticket, you would be detained indefinitely. If you're from the UK your embassy would not do a thing to help.

Edited by paz

Overstay is not a good idea also because if you are caught or ratted you would be detained in horrible conditions, and forced to buy a ticket to home country with an airline of their choice. If you had no money to pay the fine or ticket, you would be detained indefinitely. If you're from the UK your embassy would not do a thing to help.

Yikes, now I really don't know how to reply to that. Grim indeed.

Fortunately, I hold a Singaporean passport where the Singapore government will be even less bothered to help (than the UK embassy).

Appreciate the heads up, will consider the various options 'available'. Many thanks paz.