Thai Commerce Min holding talk with producers, retailers on New Year grand sale

webfact

Commerce Min holding talk with producers, retailers on New Year grand sale

BANGKOK, 28 November 2014 (NNT) – The Ministry of Commerce is meeting with product manufacturers and retail entrepreneurs today in order to make preparations for an upcoming sale event ahead of the New Year Festival.

According to Permanent Secretary for Commerce Chutima Boonyaprapatsorn, the Commerce Ministry has come up with a campaign to put commodity products on sale, with discounts of up to 70 percent, at retail shops, convenient stores and shopping malls nationwide as a New Year present for consumers in line with the government’s policy.

The special promotion will run for one week prior to the year-end, or from December 24-30. Items to be offered at discounted prices include clothing, soap, shampoo, detergent and electrical appliances.

Commerce Minister Chatchai Sarikalya is, therefore, holding a meeting with over 30 participating producers and vendors today in a bid to look into details of the New Year sale promotion scheme. One of the issues to be discussed is the manufacturers’ call for a reduction of various fees charged by retailers on their products. Unless the fees are cut, they claimed the New Year discounts could put them at risk of losses.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-28 footer_n.gif