Two men burned alive in Yaris crashing into 10-wheeler on Bang Na-Trat Road

webfact

Two men burned alive in Yaris crashing into 10-wheeler
By Coconuts Bangkok

bangna-crash.jpg
Photo: Ruamkatanyu Foundation

BANGKOK: -- Two men were burned to death when the Toyota Yaris they were in slammed into the back of a 10-wheeler truck and caught on fire last night.

Chadchawan Kamthorn, 24, and Sakchai Hongtong, 38, were found completely burned in the front seats while a passenger in the back, Adithep Karnnok, survived after he was pulled from the flaming Yaris by a noble citizen before it was engulfed in flame. Adithep is recovering at a hospital.

According witnesses, the Yaris was speeding up an overpass over the Bang Na-Trat Road when it lost control and rear ended the semi truck. The truck reportedly drove away, possibly unaware of the accident.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/28/two-men-burned-alive-yaris-crashing-10-wheeler

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-11-28

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Shattered beer bottles were found in the car, leading police to believe the men might have been drinking," Khaosod reported.

Superb conclusion to an unnecessary tragedy.

Best wishes to Adithep the survivor.

..and good on the guy who pulled him from the car. Heroic.
I always read here that you should never help and Thais would never do so. That its stupid yet here in the paper they talk about a noble citizen.
  • Like 1

Yup, you are probably right. Those broken beer bottles had been collected to recycle and they were on their way to sell them.

No empathy from me with this one, sorry... Road rules need enforcement in this country and until that happens, Somchai and his mates will continue to die in horrific circumstan

you stupid, sounds like you know they were drunk,another farang thinks he knows everything

They were driving back from a night out. Broken beer bottles found in the car. .?

No I don't know everything but I can have a pretty good guess given the circumstances and result.

Just glad no other people were injured or worse.

• Like 2

"Shattered beer bottles were found in the car, leading police to believe the men might have been drinking," Khaosod reported.

Superb conclusion to an unnecessary tragedy.

Best wishes to Adithep the survivor.

..and good on the guy who pulled him from the car. Heroic.

and noble!!

• Like 1

I encounter a dozen careless drivers every day who give no braking room. Surprised this is not a daily news item.

As you know, the idea of leaving a safe distance between moving vehicles, is somewhat alien here, as the safe space between you and the car ahead is viewed by many drivers as an opportunity to slip in and move ahead of you.

Oh, yeah, I know that only too well. Very frustrating trying to keep proper distance.

Yup, you are probably right. Those broken beer bottles had been collected to recycle and they were on their way to sell them.

No empathy from me with this one, sorry... Road rules need enforcement in this country and until that happens, Somchai and his mates will continue to die in horrific circumstan

you stupid, sounds like you know they were drunk,another farang thinks he knows everything

They were driving back from a night out. Broken beer bottles found in the car. .?

No I don't know everything but I can have a pretty good guess given the circumstances and result.

Just glad no other people were injured or worse.

Come on Carlos the Corn, tell me why EMPTY bottles explode.

Full bottles containing gaseous contents explode under heat.... not empty ones - THEY MELT.. THEY DO NOT EXPLODE!!

Oh! I see! They were playing throw the empty beer bottle against the window one.... thaaaat's it!

Get a grip... Carlos... you have no idea what happened.... but your assumption about them being drunk is totally UNWARRANTED.

Regardless of whether they were drunk or not they were driving recklessly enough to plough into the back of a truck and cause two fatalities. Cut and dried, no explanations needed.

Rather than be shocked at the road toll in Thailand I am actually surprised it is not much higher, after clocking up close to 100,000 km in my trusty Isuzu in the last nine years. A lot of the drivers I encounter really seem to be unaware that they may be killed overtaking on blind corners and hills, driving drunk and speeding etc.

In saying that I think it is even more scary being on the roads in China or Vietnam.

• Like 1

I encounter a dozen careless drivers every day who give no braking room. Surprised this is not a daily news item.

As you know, the idea of leaving a safe distance between moving vehicles, is somewhat alien here, as the safe space between you and the car ahead is viewed by many drivers as an opportunity to slip in and move ahead of you.

What does any of that have to do with someone SPEEDING ONTO the highway and loosing control of their vehicle? That's right, absolutely nothing.