Noisy plastic expansion and contraction on aircon

I've run out of ideas apart from tossing my 2 week old Daiken aircon on to the garbage tip so I figured it might be good to ask you fine folks first.

I had a wall mounted Daiken installed very recently and every time the compressor switches on or off, it is followed by very loud cracking noises from somewhere inside the unit in the room. It sounds like plastic expanding and contracting as the temperature changes. The compressor outside is fine. I can't sleep with this. The original installer has got fed up with me and has lost interest. i called out another engineer to take a look and after sitting on a step ladder and prodding it for half an hour declared he couldn't fix it, but would be happy to sell me another one. I am considering taking him up on his offer. (Preferably not Daiken). I already had to change a Mitsibushi because of a noisy compressor. Seriously folks, aircon technology is pretty crap if you ask me.

Does anyone have any suggestions. It seems to me that the unit needs to be removed from the wall to investigate further.

This isn't the first thread on this issue (although the previous one was a Samsung).

In reality you will actually get used to it, but in the meantime try loosening the cover screws slightly so the plastic can move without making annoying noises.

You could also try loosening the BOTTOM screws that are holding it to the wall, it's possible that the wall isn't quite flat and torquing everything up tight has distorted the chassis slightly.

If you want things that go bump in the night (along with the ghosties, ghoulies and long legged beasties) try living in a wooden home smile.png

• Like 1

Another path, if nothing helps, is to run an air cleaner (which with HEPA filter may be actually be useful) and that will help to cover the noise of Air Conditioner. We also had serious issues with cheap plastic expansion on an old LG model (when LG models first arrived in Thailand). At least they admitted the issue (calling it normal in manual). They also make noise making sleep machines but think the air cleaner is more useful.

Annoyingly, after reading and replying to this thread I noticed our Samsung making the occasional creak last night.

Grrrrr!

It's funny you should say that - I've *never* heard any creaking noises from any of my AC's but last night I was woken up by the same type of sounds.

What the?!?!?

The offending unit in my case is a Saijo Denki hybrid.