Are there any problems to apply second tourist visa in Laos in a row?

Hello, Im from Russia. I want ask about experience of applying second may be more tourists visas in Laos. Now in my new passport I have only one tourist visa 60+30 which I also got in Laos at the begining of October. May be someone went recently in Laos and requested a second or third tourist visa in a row? Were there any problems in getting? May be need some additional documents (lease, return ticket) to accurately given another visa? It may also be useful then what I originally requested double-entry visa, but got only single. And I was not alone with the same situation. In the old passport, I had a double entry visa which ended in January 2014.

whistling.gif I received a double entry, although it was my first tourist visa, in Savannakhet, Laos on 16 October this year.

No problems, and no need for funds to be shown there in Savannakhet.

I am an American, but that didn't seem to make any difference in Savannaket.

I wasn't aware that financial proof is required if you have a visa. Has there been a post of refusal to obtain a single entry tourist visa even with numerous previous ones?

By financial proof, I was not referring to carry money on your person.

I wasn't aware that financial proof is required if you have a visa. Has there been a post of refusal to obtain a single entry tourist visa even with numerous previous ones?

By financial proof, I was not referring to carry money on your person.

What is needed can vary by nationality.

The financial proof was a suggestion to have it in case asked for.

Normally they will not refuse a visa but will put stamp that it is the last one if you have gotten to many from that embassy or consulate.

I had 3 double entries in a row, plus a single, all back to back, not a problem.

Best way to get it is to go to Savannakhet

I wasn't asked for any financial proofs...but they might ask you to show 20 000 B at the frontier when you go back to Thailand.

They didn't ask any of the farang last time...might be a good idea to not appear too poor to avoid having to show anything ? :-)

• Like 1

Your double entry tourist visa was refused - And You only got a single entry!

I am going specifically to Vientiane next week to try and get a double entry - on my UK passport

I have only ever had one triple entry tourist and an OA visa from UK based consulates, but currently on extended retirement (runs out in 10 days time).

I was hoping to get a double entry to stay for four months (before returning to UK and 8 months stay).

Has anyone else been refused a double entry - And does anyone know what reason is being given when not allowing the double entry?

I am going specifically to Vientiane next week to try and get a double entry - on my UK passport

I have only ever had one triple entry tourist and an OA visa from UK based consulates, but currently on extended retirement (runs out in 10 days time).

I was hoping to get a double entry to stay for four months (before returning to UK and 8 months stay).

Has anyone else been refused a double entry - And does anyone know what reason is being given when not allowing the double entry?

Since you are from the UK you will get a 2 entry visa without a problem.

Those from certain countries can only get a single entry visa in Vientiane.

• Like 1

On the current passport i have a double entry visa from a European country and another one from Vientiane. Next Tuesday i will go to Vientian for apply a new double entry TV. I will report it when I'm back. I'm sure, not problem at all.

• Like 1

whistling.gif I received a double entry, although it was my first tourist visa, in Savannakhet, Laos on 16 October this year.

No problems, and no need for funds to be shown there in Savannakhet.

I am an American, but that didn't seem to make any difference in Savannaket.

I also heard that in Savannakhet its more easy. You went by yourself our with visa run company? Because many visa run companies go to Vientine. If you have telefone of visa run company which go to Savannakhet can you please give it to me?

I had 3 double entries in a row, plus a single, all back to back, not a problem.

Best way to get it is to go to Savannakhet

I wasn't asked for any financial proofs...but they might ask you to show 20 000 B at the frontier when you go back to Thailand.

They didn't ask any of the farang last time...might be a good idea to not appear too poor to avoid having to show anything ? :-)Thank

Thank you)

May be because I m Russian.I heard that many Russian people now have problems with getting double entry in countries near Thailand. In Russia in Thai Embassy no problem. I think you must not have problems.

On the current passport i have a double entry visa from a European country and another one from Vientiane. Next Tuesday i will go to Vientian for apply a new double entry TV. I will report it when I'm back. I'm sure, not problem at all.

Thank you) Wait for your report)

just back from Vientiane(probably 150 to 200 guys) . no problem, we all got maximum 2 entries TV(they don't give 3 I guess) . I have been asked for money proof. I showed them my bank booklet in Thailand.

savanakhet consulate is easier because there is nobody going there.

Edited by Digitalnomade
  • Like 1

The embassy consular section in Vientiane will ask for financial proof after you have more than a couple of visas from them. They want it as proof you are not working here. You need to show funds coming from outside the country.

• Like 1

just back from Vientiane(probably 150 to 200 guys) . no problem, we all got maximum 2 entries TV(they don't give 3 I guess) . I have been asked for money proof. I showed them my bank booklet in Thailand.

savanakhet consulate is easier because there is nobody going there.

You have TR before in your passport?

• 2 months later...

I am in the process of getting my Marriage Visa renewed at the Kap Choeng immigration post.

I guess I was a bit casual about the funds I displayed showing my overseas bank account etc duly stamped at the embassy.

I am a dual NZ/Aus passport holder using my NZ passport here (because the NZ Embassy is much more friendly to deal with than the Aus Embassy but I do receive an Australian Aged pension. Have been here for 8 years & have a Thai wife & we are bringing up a Thai grandson (5yo) in our own home.

I was somewhat caught with the drop in the Aus exchange rate & my last year's income was marginally more than the 40,000 Baht requirement. The immigration officer was reluctant to grant the extension preferring to refer my application to head office in Bangkok.

Could anyone suggest what my options would be should they decide to deny me an extension? I presently do not have the funds to return to Australia although this is hopefully a temporary situation as I am expecting to have additional funds (through a share float on the NASDEQ) become available in a couple of months.

My wife reckons that there is no problem but I would be happier if I had some advice.

Please give me your opinion.

There are only two options:

- showing you have an income of at least 40,000 a month

- showing 400,000 baht in a bank account in your name only in Thailand, there for at least 2 months.

If not, you can get a 60 day extension of stay with no finacials.

If you do not qualify you can apply for a multiple non-O visa in Laos, Savanakhet. You would then have to leave the country every 90 days.

I am in the process of getting my Marriage Visa renewed at the Kap Choeng immigration post.

I guess I was a bit casual about the funds I displayed showing my overseas bank account etc duly stamped at the embassy.

I am a dual NZ/Aus passport holder using my NZ passport here (because the NZ Embassy is much more friendly to deal with than the Aus Embassy but I do receive an Australian Aged pension. Have been here for 8 years & have a Thai wife & we are bringing up a Thai grandson (5yo) in our own home.

I was somewhat caught with the drop in the Aus exchange rate & my last year's income was marginally more than the 40,000 Baht requirement. The immigration officer was reluctant to grant the extension preferring to refer my application to head office in Bangkok.

Could anyone suggest what my options would be should they decide to deny me an extension? I presently do not have the funds to return to Australia although this is hopefully a temporary situation as I am expecting to have additional funds (through a share float on the NASDEQ) become available in a couple of months.

My wife reckons that there is no problem but I would be happier if I had some advice.

Please give me your opinion.

All extensions of stay applications based upon marriage are sent to the regional division headquarters for approval.

If you had proof of income greater than 40k it will be approved.

- showing 400,000 baht in a bank account in your name only in Thailand, there for at least 2 months.

If you do not qualify you can apply for a multiple non-O visa in Laos, Savanakhet. You would then have to leave the country every 90 days.

Mario, is there a Thai Consulate in Savanakhet where you have to go?

If so, where would you find it if you go across on your own?

Tony

Mario, is there a Thai Consulate in Savanakhet where you have to go?

If so, where would you find it if you go across on your own?

Tony

There is a consulate: See: Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

• 3 months later...

I don't know if this is the place to post this but sorry if it isn't. I from the states I just finished a triple entry Thai visa plus a 30 day visa exempt boarder run . So all in all i did 3 visits to Lao . I experienced a problem on the Lao boarder Thakaek friendship bridge. . Upon exiting the Lao side the Lao people told me if I tried to enter again they would refuse me and said I must get a proper visa ??? I told them I won't be coming back and that I was finished with my boarder runs.I must mention that there was a language barrier problem but it was quite clear that they wanted me to get a visa. I always do a turn around.I have been doing this for the last three years .The next time I go. It will be on my next triple Thai Visa which will have a 6 month window before I go to Lao . I never expected a problem on the Lao side if anything it would of been a hassle on the Thai side. Have their been a recent developments lately. Has anybody been through this?