Stop finding fault, Prayut says

Lite Beer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Late on Wednesday, Finance Minister Sommai Phasi gave an interview to the BBC in which he said that general elections may be delayed by a year and a half. But Prayut said that was just Sommai's personal evaluation.

what the general and government need is a skilled press office - then issue strict instructions to all MP's and officials not to voice opinions or release information to the media unless it is sanctioned through that office - Thailand seems to suffer from this need for officials to blab off their mouths at every opportunity with a deluge of crap just to fill their need for self importance, we have seen it time and time again, all it does is lead to confusion and miss-information

They haven't even categorically stated what is going on to take all this time anyway.

They are pulling timeframes out of their backsides.
Not a single person in this current junta has a clue what is going on. The only things being fed is that the whole country loves dear leader, we have the tour be France, we have the cure for Ebola, Gates is going to hand over his wealth to Thailand for the cure for aids (suckered we discovered that 5 years ago) Every single nation on the planet loves and adores death leader and everyone wants to invest in Thailand even after we made it harder for them to do so.

Dear leader is living in fantasy land. The world is laughing so hard at him whilst he spreads his propaganda to the mushrooms.

and the Tour de Farce. Thailand certain to win.

Q) How long before junta supporters realize their mistake in supporting forced leadership?

A) However long it takes one to swallow their pride.

one of my friends who supported Suthep and the PDRC in January and February told me that she knew that Suthep wasn't an honest politician, but if he did the wrong things, then they could protest against him too.

Not sure what she thinks today. I think she got more than she bargained for.

"How is this a restriction or censorship? Go and read what they wrote. If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said.

cannot survive free speech?! wow this country must be more fragile than i thought

there must be some big skeletons out there

Not hard to see this is going no where. An awful lot of posters with questions and no intention of helping Thailand.

Your post is typical of the mentality of many other posters.

Name me one country that has free press. They all have limitations.

Another wasted thread. To the few posters in favor of improving Thailand I apologize.

well, that depends on one's perspective

from my point of view, cheering on a style of government which is not even allowed to be discussed without breaking forum rules is not "intending to help Thailand", but hey, if you think the current government is the best choice for the Thai people, that is up to you.

Since the choice of government in Thailand is not currently 'up to the Thai people', I guess your choice will have to do for a while.

Have you got a better idea of how to clean up the mess?

Even an idiot knows that what has been tried in the past did not work.

Groups standing around complaining about things and doing nothing to help solve the problem do nothing but slow the healing process down. the government is well aware of the problems and needs ideas to solve them not a bunch of got nothing to do better with their lives people pointing out what every one knows and in some cases making up idiotic stories.

My big question is why do people want to continue with the corruption instead of trying to slow it down.

Do these people benefit monetarily from the corruption? I know if I was in the receiving end of the money I to would not want to see it changed. No country is with out it but over 100 countries have less.

If you have a way to make an omelet without breaking egg shells let us in on it.

my idea has always been the same. Self-governance.

if you understand Thai history at all, and I am not talking about the drivel in the kids text books, then you would understand the source of the problems in Thai democracy and understand where most of the corruption comes from too.

Regarding the current 'government' and corruption, that is letting the fox in the hen house, now isn't it?

And last but not least, the current events never had anything to do with real 'reforms' or with cleaning up corruption. It has always been and will continue to be for the next few years about control. Period.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have an election tomorrow,and the Country will be back to the

brink of civil war in no time,nothing will have changed,

regards Worgeordie

It would seem the military is already at war with the country.

• Like 2

"How is this a restriction or censorship? Go and read what they wrote. If you think anybody can say anything at all, then the country won't survive," he said.

cannot survive free speech?! wow this country must be more fragile than i thought

Not hard to see this is going no where. An awful lot of posters with questions and no intention of helping Thailand.

Another wasted thread. To the few posters in favor of improving Thailand I apologize.

from my point of view, cheering on a style of government which is not even allowed to be discussed without breaking forum rules is not "intending to help Thailand", but hey, if you think the current government is the best choice for the Thai people, that is up to you.

Since the choice of government in Thailand is not currently 'up to the Thai people', I guess your choice will have to do for a while.

Groups standing around complaining about things and doing nothing to help solve the problem do nothing but slow the healing process down. the government is well aware of the problems and needs ideas to solve them not a bunch of got nothing to do better with their lives people pointing out what every one knows and in some cases making up idiotic stories.

My big question is why do people want to continue with the corruption instead of trying to slow it down.

Do these people benefit monetarily from the corruption? I know if I was in the receiving end of the money I to would not want to see it changed. No country is with out it but over 100 countries have less.

If you have a way to make an omelet without breaking egg shells let us in on it.

Ask the egg collectors how they manage to preserve the shells without breaking them?

It can be done with surgical precision, so there you go, an omelette can be made without breaking the eggs ?

If on the other hand you're in a hurry you just smash them to bits on the side of the bowl getting lots of little crunchy bits in your omelette without worrying too much of the damage.

?

Patience is a virtue and although there was not much option left but to stage A coup despite saying otherwise he needs to remember he didn't exactly give the two squabbling groups much patience, two meetings and bush bash bosh in the matter of 24-36 hours he put the coup in motion.

I don't believe the General is a man of patience, his actions contradict this.

• Like 1

A reminder to some to read this carefully:

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.
Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.
Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.
Those rules can be found here: NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS

if you understand Thai history at all, and I am not talking about the drivel in the kids text books, then you would understand the source of the problems in Thai democracy and understand where most of the corruption comes from too.

Regarding the current 'government' and corruption, that is letting the fox in the hen house, now isn't it?

And last but not least, the current events never had anything to do with real 'reforms' or with cleaning up corruption. It has always been and will continue to be for the next few years about control. Period.

Control ? Is that why Thaksin went to so much trouble gaining control, then hanging on to it for dear life, even when he a was a criminal on the run ?

Late on Wednesday, Finance Minister Sommai Phasi gave an interview to the BBC in which he said that general elections may be delayed by a year and a half. But Prayut said that was just Sommai's personal evaluation.

what the general and government need is a skilled press office - then issue strict instructions to all MP's and officials not to voice opinions or release information to the media unless it is sanctioned through that office - Thailand seems to suffer from this need for officials to blab off their mouths at every opportunity with a deluge of crap just to fill their need for self importance, we have seen it time and time again, all it does is lead to confusion and miss-information

Smelly this is a pretty weak defence of a floundering PM. If his performance continues as it is, this guy will get removed by his own backers, perhaps his seniors - Prawit or Anupong will tap him on the shoulder after the annual early December celebrations. There is a reasonable chance Thailand will have a third PM this within a year and Prayuth will be bunking down with Suthep in some southern monastry.

• Like 1

He needs some help controlling his sudden burst of angers......

A true statesman and international leader as he self proclaims to be would never be so childish and result to tantrums running home to mummy. The is not qualified and truly out of his depth to run a country. Yingluk was useless but makes this guy look like a xxxxxx

....................."running home to mummy"..................

Well at least he did not run all the way to Dubai !

Give him some time, it will happen. The older generation of the military clique won't tolerate too many more mistakes from this man of questionable ability. My money is on the soon to be installed next Thai PM being a retired General much older than the current PM. It's a tough game fighting against the tide of history, expect many casualties.

Google "criminal history of the shinawatras", there are 319,000 results for that search, should keep you busy for a while.

You will be shocked by quotes like -

"The current regime ruling over Thailand, led indisputably by unelected dictator, convicted criminal, fugitive, mass murderer, billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, has for well over a decade been willing collaborators with Western interests. From before becoming prime minister in 2001, and throughout his 2001-2006 rule in office, up to and including today, Thaksin Shinawatra and his political machine have demonstrably served foreign interests, as well as their own, at great and continuous expense of the Thai people. "

You mean people would be shocked that Tony Cartalucci wrote that on a blog? And you try to present it as something legitimate and meaningful? oh, dear..

I mistakenly googled "criminal history of the Thai military", guess what?

About 2,780,000 results (0.57 seconds)

• Like 2

Google "criminal history of the shinawatras", there are 319,000 results for that search, should keep you busy for a while.

"The current regime ruling over Thailand, led indisputably by unelected dictator, convicted criminal, fugitive, mass murderer, billionaire Thaksin Shinawatra, has for well over a decade been willing collaborators with Western interests. From before becoming prime minister in 2001, and throughout his 2001-2006 rule in office, up to and including today, Thaksin Shinawatra and his political machine have demonstrably served foreign interests, as well as their own, at great and continuous expense of the Thai people. "

You mean people would be shocked that Tony Cartalucci wrote that on a blog? And you try to present it as something legitimate and meaningful? oh, dear..

I mistakenly googled "criminal history of the Thai military", guess what?

About 2,780,000 results (0.57 seconds)

I Googled the same and got 2,790,000 results. My Google must be better !

The first listing was "Thailand in World War 2 - Wikipedia

Second listing was - Thaksin Shinawatra - Wikipedia

Third listing - Crime in Thailand - Wikipedia, and the first section is about the 2003 War on Drugs !

Fourth listing - Political Prisoners in Thailand (absolute red garbage)

Fifth and sixth listings - Robert Amsterdam - (absolute red garbage)

Seventh and eighth listing - Thai-Burma Railway

Ninth listing - Thailand's War with Vichy France

Tenth listing - BBC News- Thailand Profile - with mention of Thaksin and the Redshirts !

By the way Laz, considering you have only made 16 comments you are posting like a real pro ! Had any previous experience ??? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Maybe because I was bored, Thailand's 'The Voice' is particularly irritating for some reason tonight, I did the same Google search, and without any commentary, here's a screenshot of the results. The zealots amongst you can feel free to spin however you want:

post-97442-0-41995600-1417347524_thumb.j

Generals are not the better politician/leaders for the country, why should they be? Their job is being military leaders. Thats a very different profession. So khun Prayut Chan-o-cha, dont cry, accept reality !

Yingluck has many more skills to run a country with excellent international exposure, than a military discipline trained man. That is my believe.

Am I the only person on this forum to believe that the General and his military coup is by far, the lesser of the evils, in asfar as running the country is concerned?

The previous governments and oppositions have proven themselves to be incompetent, inept, corrupt, immature, (and many more adjectives of that type).

Give democracy back to the people and you'll return to 'same same'.

At least with the General, we know what we have - a military ruler who has made significant progress in a short time to repair some of Thailand's woes. The fact that he has only reduced that mountain of woes by about 1% demonstrates how great the problem is.

Get with it! This guy is no politician, nor public speaker

The last thing Thailand needs right now is so-called democracy. Thai people have demonstrated that they neither understand the concept, nor want to understand it.

Edited by simon43
  • Like 2

"Late on Wednesday, Finance Minister Sommai Phasi gave an interview to the BBC in which he said that general elections may be delayed by a year and a half. But Prayut said that was just Sommai's personal evaluation."

At some undefined point in the future, we may introduce the concept of cabinet collective government responsibility.....until then we will stick with the traditional Thai method of any random official spouting any random pinions and then wondering why the message is confused sometimes...

After all, the Finance Ministry is not really central to the running of the country, is it?

Edited by bangon04

Control ? Is that why Thaksin went to so much trouble gaining control, then hanging on to it for dear life, even when he a was a criminal on the run ?

what does thaksin have to do with it?

Am I the only person on this forum to believe that the General and his military coup is by far, the lesser of the evils, in asfar as running the country is concerned?

The previous governments and oppositions have proven themselves to be incompetent, inept, corrupt, immature, (and many more adjectives of that type).

At least with the General, we know what we have - a military ruler who has made significant progress in a short time to repair some of Thailand's woes. The fact that he has only reduced that mountain of woes by about 1% demonstrates how great the problem is.

The last thing Thailand needs right now is so-called democracy. Thai people have demonstrated that they neither understand the concept, nor want to understand it.

please point to the thai person who does not deserve democracy.

Yes - Dissolve the people and choose another...

• Like 1

Complain about changing what? He hasn't told anyoke exactly what he's going to do yet or how hes going to do it, and what his hoped outcome is.

He has cleaned up some beaches and some massage parlors and has busted a policeman.

And he is rewriting a constitution that he has taken upon himself to rewrite. No one asked him or elected him to do this, he took it upon himself. So, if asking "what are u doing?", constitutes complaining and failing to " unite" the country, well buggar, because he's been at this a while and so far zero concrete progress on just about anything.

So, in other words, you are evading the question, and avoiding giving an answer. Quelle surprise.

I stand with you. Clearly the Thaksinites in this thread want a return to what you outlined for various self-serving reasons.

We keep hearing from some foriegners and Thais that the "coup has done good things for the country". The statement has never been qualified even once. What good has the coup done ? What specific changes does it hope to make ? Upon making those changes, when will elections take place ? Statements like "I am not 100% democractic and not 100% non democratic" are vague and show poor govermance. Foriegners who agree with the coup and who come from representative governments I find most peculiar.
"I come from the UK originally, and the government there certainly does not represent the will of the people.

I think the same can be said of France, possibly Germany, and, it would appear, the USA." Huge statements like this are total rubbish unless you back them up with specific history, relevant websites.

Or you may say: "I come from the UK originally, and it is my hugely insignificant opinion the government there .... Write that and you are less a fool that just making the grandiiose inane unproven opinions you're addicted to.

I come from the UK originally, and the government there certainly does not represent the will of the people.

I think the same can be said of France, possibly Germany, and, it would appear, the USA.

But in April next year the people of the UK will be able to VOTE on their government, as will in due course the people of Germany and France. The people of the USA just have. Thailand?

......................."But in April next year the people of the UK will be able to VOTE on their government, as will in due course the people of Germany and France. The people of the USA just have. Thailand?".................

Does it not matter to you that the Shins have repeatedly disregarded the other principles that make up the state of Democracy ?

As I have said many times before on this forum you Shin supporters harp on about "free and fair elections" because you have nothing else to support your pitiful defense of these criminals. When in fact your one and only argument is not worth 5 baht because bribing voters with cash-for-votes does not make it a free or fair election.

Perhaps you shouldn't believe absolutely everything you read on the internet?

I stand with you. Clearly the Thaksinites in this thread want a return to what you outlined for various self-serving reasons.
So you are saying that unless you worship and support the dear leader you are a thaksinite (not in dictionary). Is there another option or is it that cut and dried? I believe some people throw Thaksin into a discussion and jump up and down cheering I win, I win.
  • Like 2

Complain about changing what? He hasn't told anyoke exactly what he's going to do yet or how hes going to do it, and what his hoped outcome is.

He has cleaned up some beaches and some massage parlors and has busted a policeman.

And he is rewriting a constitution that he has taken upon himself to rewrite. No one asked him or elected him to do this, he took it upon himself. So, if asking "what are u doing?", constitutes complaining and failing to " unite" the country, well buggar, because he's been at this a while and so far zero concrete progress on just about anything.

So, in other words, you are evading the question, and avoiding giving an answer. Quelle surprise.

So far, it a waste.

They have achieved little and are pushing the constitution rewrite way off into the distance.

They are buying time, and everyone knows why. They are struggling to convict yingluck. The rice malarky is still ongoing with payments to farmers.

The only real answer is to persevere with demkcracy warts and all.

• Like 1

How little you actually understand what is going on. Same same like in the gmo thread.

So tell me, will their little sojourn in power deliver anything of any real value? Or will more likely be a wishy washy interlude where they attempt to keep the Shins from power, only to have their proxy party sweep back to power.

No real legal reform, no real education reform, no real agriculture reform, a new rejigged constitution and all for what?

To continue with the same corrupt disfunctional system they have kept on creating because it suits them to have it that way?

Time for the army to return to the barracks and take the retired generals with them!!coffee1.gif

This idea is all very well and I don't much like the country being run by the junta either. However the a General is right when he asks if people want an election tomorrow. There is so much so basically wrong in this country that most people do not really understand nor ever think about. The political parties are all clueless and none are ready to run the country - not even close. You have an country divided by wealth and corruption and just about every institutions a failure from monks to judges and the justice system.

The General is right that Thailand needs the skeleton of a workable system of administration before elections take place. The problem is the enactment of achieving that system is not looking like it is getting anywhere fast and some of the people in the NLA, well one in particular I happen to know of, is absolutely NOT a person fit for that job, with no ethics or professionalism to his character.

Where Thailand goes from here is hard to see because I cannot see a pool of people who really care about getting the country back on its feet. They all seem to be candidates for their selfish personal desires rather than a people with a social conscience. It is hard to form a government when people are all working for themselves and really don't give a toss for the running of the country.

For Thailand to move forward it needs to look to some new people in government drawn from a different gene pool than the lot we have had here in the last 40 years.

• Like 1