Visa on arrival problem

Hi, I am from India and I know that I can only get 15 day visa on arrival. I am currently living abroad, and the emassy wouldn't give me a tourist visa for 25 days because they said that I can get visa on arrival. I know this is weird, but this really happened.

I had already bought my ticket with a return ticket for after 20 days from arrival and I cannot change the return date because all the seats are booked now. Is it possible to get a 25 day visa on arrival? If so, how? I am really worried that they will not let me enter the country. I have a sister working in Thailand legally. Help! Paying 500 Bhat everyday is too expensive for me.

Thank you!

You can't obtain more than 15 days with visa on arrival.

I recommend that you go back at the consulate with tickets and bookings and insist for a tourist visa asking to talk with a senior manager. Nothing bad can derive because they are not giving you any service. Sometime you get better results applying with a travel agency the specializes in Thailand tours.

If you that will not get you the visa, then after arriving you will need to travel to Vientane or Savannakhet Laos to obtain a tourist visa.

Edited by paz

You can't obtain more than 15 days with visa on arrival.

I recommend that you go back at the consulate with tickets and bookings and insist for a tourist visa asking to talk with a senior manager. Nothing bad can derive because they are not giving you any service. Sometime you get better results applying with a travel agency the specializes in Thailand tours.

If you that will not get you the visa, then after arriving you will need to travel to Vientane or Savannakhet Laos to obtain a tourist visa.

He can not get Tourist Visa from Laos, he is Indian.

Restrictions apply: Indian have to apply in home country or country of residence.

In most cases, since OP can show ticket Thai Immigration will extend a visa or arrival by further 7days, cost thb1,900.-. However I can not say if he has a problem during check in.

there is no visa on arrival in Thailand.

Yes there is, for these countries:

List of countries and territories is as follows :

Bhutan

China

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Estonia

Hungary

India

Kazakhstan

Latvia

Liechtenstein

Lithuania

Maldives

Mauritius

Poland

Saudi Arabia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Taiwan

Ukraine

(I believe China may now be off the list)

there is no visa on arrival in Thailand.

Yes there is, for these countries:

List of countries and territories is as follows :

Bhutan

China

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Estonia

Hungary

India

Kazakhstan

Latvia

Liechtenstein

Lithuania

Maldives

Mauritius

Poland

Saudi Arabia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Taiwan

Ukraine

(I believe China may now be off the list)

Hungary is also off the list, cause my friend just arrived and got 30 days stamp with out any act.

and where you got your visa at airport? I have never seen any booth saying you can buy a visa.

Next time look for the direction signs saying visa on arrival and follow them to find the desks. There will often be a long line of people waiting to get them.

Info for Suv: http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/907-visa-on-arrival