Will my 60 day visa activate if I do an overland border corssing?

Hello,

I have a 60 day-double entry visa. I have already used the first entry and need to leave the country to activate the 2nd 60 day stay. Can i do this if I cross an overland border, or do I have to fly into Thailand to activate this? Thanks!

Chris

Normally you have to use the Visa by the expiry date not first entry date therefore it depends on how long you had the visa before using the first 60 days, therefore the Visa was live from the date is was issued, not when you first entered Thailand. As long as the expiry date/Valid Until date has not passed you can go to any border crossing.

• Like 1

If your plan is to stay more than 120 days in Thailand, you could consider an extension of 30 days first.

This can be done at the nearest Immigration @ THB 1,900

Take care that you use the 2nd entry before your visa expires.

Anyway......in this way you're able to stay 2 x 90 days in Thailand instead of 2 x 60 days.

• Like 2

If your plan is to stay more than 120 days in Thailand, you could consider an extension of 30 days first.

This can be done at the nearest Immigration @ THB 1,900

Take care that you use the 2nd entry before your visa expires.

Anyway......in this way you're able to stay 2 x 90 days in Thailand instead of 2 x 60 days.

Good info Joe.

Yes, as Joe mentioned.

However it is sad that Folks do not read what has been written many times in this

Thai visas, residency and work permits

About this subject.

Win coffee1.gif

Maybe you should try using your eyes too and see he is a 'Newbie' instead of posting remarks on this site which, incidentally, is hardly user friendly - much like many of the people that comment on it

Hi Mandy,

Sorry, but I was only saying in my post about FiestyFarang reply,#5 who is not a new member and not about our new members.

As for my eyes, ??????????????????????????????

You are a new member, good, and welcome to this forum. I meant no malice on our new member, the Original Poster (OP) by the way.

Win

Edited by Kan Win