Thailand to develop five sites as quality tourist destinations

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This lady went to school with Hillary Clinton (same school don't know if they were classmates). She is quite intelligent and has held important positions in banking and the family business is Toshiba of Thailand.

How do you re brand Pattaya and why would you want to? It's already successful.

I keep wondering when she will get the idea of rolling dice and playing cards while the country makes billions.

She inherited the Toshiba position from her Mom........and a far as that goes, she sounds smart.....however, she's a dumb ass as far a tourism goes....she should have stuck with TVs and videos.....!!

Hubby got her this job....he's a top cop, so not too much intelligence on his part obviously!

Guess they might have a rethink about Pattaya and sports. Phoenix Gold Golf has just got its members taking legal action and boycotting the place after new owners took over. The place is really quiet now, relying on a few Korean and Japanese tourists. So quiet that many caddies have had to go to other courses, the rule is you get paid per round, but very few rounds now.

Last year the average stay was 9.8 days the highest in the ASEAN .

However due to a military coup martial law the KohTao murders and continuing scams we are once again reduced to having to put out articles like this to try and put a spin on what we have to offer.

Now if you were a betting man what's the odds on them cracking down on walking street after the recent crack down on the happy endings in bkk ?

Is a happy ending a bit like the end of Happy Hour when you get 3 in just before normal prices are resumed?

Just loved Parrot's----DUE to the military coup. ha ha ha ha.

He wouldn't know a coup if it walked up to him and bit him on the face. All he knows is they are trying to clean up corruption and make Thailand a better place to visit and live in. Two things that are defiantly not on his horizon. In all fairness though I think he had a chance here to take a shot at them but passed it up. Every one has their opinion but I think

Pattaya, which is now stereotyped as a nightlife and beach resort city, will be refocused as a world-class sports and family destination.

Koh Pha-ngan, host of a popular full moon party, will be turned into a Thai-style party central. The idea is to attract foreigners to come and experience more Thainess.

Those are two we could all agree on as being out of the question. Can see it all now in big bold face headlines all over the world.

Pattaya no longer sex capital of Thailand. Late last night it became a world class sports and family destination.

Koh Pha-ngan become a Thai style party island.

The world will just come pouring in for that.wai.gif

• Like 1

Strange for the Junta to promote Nan which is a bastion of Thaksin and Red people... cheesy.gif

Not really strange. Sometimes if particular investments have been made in particular places, there is often a drive to rebrand/promote them. Just saying whistling.gif

Pattaya, a sports and family destination? Dreams.

Yes, I suppose the families and sporting enthusiasts could take advantaged the expansive system of city parks and greenbelts adjacent to the beach and sprinkled throughout the tourist quarter.

Where water and land based sports compliment each other in an atmosphere of serenity and family inspired leisure. Visitors can use the walking paths that are diligently maintained without barriers or commercial encroachment. Streets are certainly well regulated and free from hindrances, congestion and oversized traffic.

The public safety is enhanced and assured by a caring, well trained and honest constabulary, whose sole duty is to Protect and to Serve.

Dreams for sure.

That was pretty good, I almost booked a flight. biggrin.png

Phuket to be a centre of MICE business? That will please Chiang Mai with there brand new MICE centre built on 130 acres of land! Set to be the biggest in Asia apparently, and they want Phuket to compete. with it?

Is this a joke?

Why on earth do they want to turn Koh Pangan and Pattaya into "quality tourists destinations" ???

A sensible approach would be to not beat dead horses but rather to say, okay, we make efforts on Phuket, Koh Samui, Hua Hin, Koh Chang and why not a couple of northern/eastern cities such as Chiang Rai and Nong Khai ??

What do they want to develop in Bangkok ?

I would certainly suggest for Bangkok to setup a nicer national museum, all in English.

And what do they want to mess up in Pattaya ?

There are already daily traffic jams !

Why not just leave Pattaya be and send the alleged "quality tourists" elsewhere?

• Like 1

Pattaya has been "rebranded" every few years for as long as I can remember. Gov't budgets some few million baht for the study, the money is distributed to the appropriate "studiers" and then everything is back to business as usual.

All I can say is thank God that my province isn't getting any assistance.

Family night out on walking street!

Nothing wrong with redefining your market, but flagrant misrepresentation

is never a good idea. You cannot just relabel a Toyota and sell it as a

Lamborgini!:)

This is a classic case of Lipstick on Pig Syndrome!:)

Let me be the first to say "Good Luck", you are certainly going to need it.

No need luck, we have fortune teller say okay.

"And these fortune tellers, have they been outside Thailand? Scratch that, have they been further than the BTS stops of Mochit and Bearing?"

Edited by arrowsdawdle

From the headline, you'd expect new destination development instead of pouring more public money down the same old crony holes.

How far in the opposite direction must the PM look to avoid taking a chance on seeing tourism bust practices?

Edited by arrowsdawdle

Thailand to develop five sites as quality tourist destinations 1. Soi Cowboy 2. Patpong 3. Bangkok Canals (aromatherapy at its finest) 4. Victory Monument during rush hour 5. Lumphini Park during a Red/Yellow shirt protest

i was expecting chiangmai as one of the destinations. i went there recently for the 1st time and I already like that place. It's unlike bangkok and pattaya which I usually visit, chiangmai is very relaxed place. I don't feel any pressure when staying there.