Thailand to develop five sites as quality tourist destinations

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last year, Nan welcomed nearly 500,000 visitors, of whom 70 per cent were Thais and spending per head per trip was also at the top level in the region at Bt42,000.

Yeah! Pull the other one! Take out the 70% Thais, who probably spent in the region of 20,000B max, and Bob's your Uncle... FARANG spent on average 70,000B, and they were not the quality tourists! bah.gif

Go do one missus, and think again....

Me thinks you forgot places like Ayutthaya, etc.

Then again, you don't want low class tourists running around, like wild monkeys in Lopburi! wink.png

After the mega clean-up of tourist destinations----( roads-paths-vender areas-good policing--meter taxis- local authorities health issues---beach and sea rubbish free etc.,) I would not name 5 sites----Samui--Phuket- Khrabi and islands--Ayuttaya--Chiang Mai--Grand Palace---and the area around Hua Hin . Biggest attraction would be the Oriant Express BKK-Singapore---This is Quality. Leave Pattaya to those who want that style and it will be still the big seller.

• Like 1

Last year the average stay was 9.8 days the highest in the ASEAN .

However due to a military coup martial law the KohTao murders and continuing scams we are once again reduced to having to put out articles like this to try and put a spin on what we have to offer.

Now if you were a betting man what's the odds on them cracking down on walking street after the recent crack down on the happy endings in bkk ?

How, exactly, would they "crack down" on W S? it's legal to walk around in Thailand, even in Pattaya.

This lady went to school with Hillary Clinton (same school don't know if they were classmates). She is quite intelligent and has held important positions in banking and the family business is Toshiba of Thailand.

How do you re brand Pattaya and why would you want to? It's already successful.

I keep wondering when she will get the idea of rolling dice and playing cards while the country makes billions.

Is this the same Lady who recommended tagging Tourists as they arrive in Thailand? By the way being educated is not necessarily any indication of intelligence - I am sure we have all meet our fair share of educated idiots in our time?

• Like 2

Nan is quite nice. Reading this, maybe I'll go back there over the holidays. Besides, outside of Bangkok, it was one of the first places in Thailand to be the subject of an Academy Award winning Hollywood film.

Nan?

Have you ever been to Nan?

Jesus Christ.

"A walk around the town can feel like taking a trip back in time to the 14th century."

You're not kidding.

With all due respect, I don't mean to offend but I could think of a number of other places I'd put on the list before Nan.

Yes this aspect has certainly been harmful to Florence, Venice.

Ankhor Wat..scruffy old heap.

Great Wall of China..you can keep it.

Stonehenge, Pyramids...give me Walmart any day of the week

What a 24 carat pleb you are!

Thaibeachlover I'm in agreement how?

However if they want to promote Pattaya as a family friendly attraction then I presume they would like to clean up that image and the ladyboys hassling people

Probally won't happen but there were some rumblings in the past and who knows with the current junta what's going to happen.

However if they want to promote Pattaya as a family friendly attraction then I presume they would like to clean up that image and the ladyboys hassling people

Probally won't happen but there were some rumblings in the past and who knows with the current junta what's going to happen.

the ladyboys hassling people

The ladyboys don't hassle people on W S, they hassle them on Beach Rd, and the police are welcome to clean them up.

Phuket is to be rebranded as a MICE centre.

Phuket, the very place where the convention centre has been on hold indefinitely with no likelihood of it being built any time soon.

Or perhaps the illustrious minister doesn't realise this.

Last year the average stay was 9.8 days the highest in the ASEAN .

However due to a military coup martial law the KohTao murders and continuing scams we are once again reduced to having to put out articles like this to try and put a spin on what we have to offer.

Now if you were a betting man what's the odds on them cracking down on walking street after the recent crack down on the happy endings in bkk ?

How, exactly, would they "crack down" on W S? it's legal to walk around in Thailand, even in Pattaya.

Actually, the word round the town is that they will wait until mid-December in order to inflict the maximum economic damage.

Get rid of the Christmas/New Year crowd and get "quality" tourists.

Pattaya, a sports and family destination? Dreams.

Yes, I suppose the families and sporting enthusiasts could take advantaged the expansive system of city parks and greenbelts adjacent to the beach and sprinkled throughout the tourist quarter.

Where water and land based sports compliment each other in an atmosphere of serenity and family inspired leisure. Visitors can use the walking paths that are diligently maintained without barriers or commercial encroachment. Streets are certainly well regulated and free from hindrances, congestion and oversized traffic.

The public safety is enhanced and assured by a caring, well trained and honest constabulary, whose sole duty is to Protect and to Serve.

Dreams for sure.

• Like 1

Love this post typical mention army slagging again---

"...as part of a rebranding plan aimed at boosting high-spending tourists."

Just like the guy in the TAT produced, "I Hate Thailand" video? wai2.gifwai.gif

"The five sites are Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Koh Pha-ngan and Nan."

I guess Koh Tao doesn't need any help. They have developed their own unique rebranding of Thainess...

whistling.gif

Will they brand you as soon as you arrive and make a judgement call as to whether your a "Quality" tourist send you off to the designated destination.?

Twenty years time Pattaya will be the same as last night , the city of Pattaya's wheelers and dealers will see to that.coffee1.gif

I believe this government stacked with generals might have the balls to shut the vice down there and do as they promise

Sorry Pal, I doubt that this lot will be in power long enough. Time is running out vis a vis their power base and 2015 will probably be a whole new ball game in Thai politics.

I shouldn't buy a house or condo if I were you.