Anybody bought an Apple iPad Air 2 and having wi-fi problems?

BenCrew

I bought the 16Gb wifi model, but wifi cuts off after 1 - 2 mins, especially when watching videos on You Tube or ThaiExpat TV. This even happens at home with a 15Mb connection. Tried all sorts to fix from advice on the net etc. Starting to wish I'd opted for the Samsung Galaxy. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Must add, I bought it imported from Hong Kong via Lazada online store.

.........oh-oh.......

.no warranty or replacement for such a pricey item......???

Not that pricey for a teacher really ! Hoping for a quick software fix from Apple, or I'll use it as a bread board. Have the warranty, but not waiting 6 mths for a refund, would sooner part ex, so hurry up Apple!

Have you tried these troubleshooting tips?

http://appletoolbox.com/2014/10/ipad-air-2-wi-fi-problems-fix/

I have an ipad 2 and I bought a Galaxy note tablet as a testing device. The galaxy note is absolute garbage compared to my ipad. Flimsy build quality, horrible battery, mostly plastic. I'd have a hard time recommending anybody get a Galaxy tablet instead of an ipad.

• Like 1

Have you tried these troubleshooting tips?

http://appletoolbox.com/2014/10/ipad-air-2-wi-fi-problems-fix/

I have an ipad 2 and I bought a Galaxy note tablet as a testing device. The galaxy note is absolute garbage compared to my ipad. Flimsy build quality, horrible battery, mostly plastic. I'd have a hard time recommending anybody get a Galaxy tablet instead of an ipad.

I have the galaxy 10.1 2014 edition, and an ipad air. Sold the air.....oh! And just sold my iphone 6.....apple is not very good.....and I was an apple fan from day 1, owned everything they put out and sold them......Except my 15" mac book pro and imac.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice. It does appear to have improved, certainly You Tube is a lot more like it speed wise. Still have blips watching Thai Expat TV, but might have to re-download it and try again, if it's still dodgy, I'll be giving the Apple store a visit. The selecting 'OFF' on Airdrop was the last thing I tried, I had tried the things in the Apple Toolbox previously. Will have to do a live streaming test next and see what happens. Once again, thanks for your help.

• Like 1

This is a known issue with iOS 8. Jailbreaking and installing WiFried will probably solve it until Apple fixes it (8.1.1 was supposed to fix it but didn't).

I had read of a problem with IOS 8, as there seems to be no issues with IOS 7 and previous. If everybody had a problem, then okay, but when some can stream live TV etc, there must be something more. Awaiting with anticipation the next Apple update anyway.

iOS 8 seems to me to have been the buggiest iOS release so far - it seems that whoever is in charge of QC and bug hunting at Apple was asleep at the wheel (and, actually, that is accurate - and she no longer appears to have a job).

Interesting, so fingers crossed for a quick fix.