Overstay Thailand 2010, when can I come back?

Hi,

When I was travelling in Asia during early 2010, I did overstay by 5 days in thailand and paid the fine of 2500 Baht on the airport.

Now I'm wondering when I can travel back to Thailand?

I have no idea what the stamps in my passport says, but guessing it's my fine.

See picture atttached.

PS. I'm swedish.

Best Regards!

post-227559-0-79146600-1417514734_thumb.

Are you sure?

I've read all about the Persona Grata stamp and that you are never allowed in to the country again?

How do i know if I'm on that "Blacklist"..?

Best regards!

Because you would have been deported in handcuffs or you are on Interpol's black list. You are not on a Thai black list.

Are you sure?

I've read all about the Persona Grata stamp and that you are never allowed in to the country again?

Best regards!

Because you would have been deported in handcuffs or you are on Interpol's black list. You are not on a Thai black list.

Haha okey, but just out of curiosity. Say I got caught during my overstay and had to stay at the police department, would you be able to revisit thailand after that?

Best regards

Haha okey, but just out of curiosity. Say I got caught during my overstay and had to stay at the police department, would you be able to revisit thailand after that?

Yes, you would be able to.

I overstayed a few days in 2010 and came back in late-2011. it is slightly embarrassing to have the stamp, but i really don't care. i even got an ED visa in 2011.

and thank you for the 2500 baht....i lived like a hi-so for hours!!!!

I did a one day overstay in 2013. I made a visa run to poi pet, paid the one day fine there, signed all the papers and have traveled in and out of Thailand twice since then with no issues. This should all be routine, but you might want to dig up the receipt and paperwork from when you paid the fine and bring it with you? Just a suggestion.

Are you sure?

Best regards!

Best regards

Usually yes provided it was just an overstay and no other criminal activity was involved but it would be best to get a new passport before returning.

In fact, you could have overstayed for years, being arrested and spending a long time at IDC, handcuffed followed to the gate at Suavarnabhumi, and STILL be allowed back in to Thailand the next few days.

For now. But that will probably change when/if new rules come into effect any time soon. As being said for months now..

Hi !

Im Swed to.

Make a new passport en go anywhere you like to go.

5 day no problen

The are stronger if you hawe more then 5 dayes.

write on swe forum to you hawe more help there samtime.

Whelcome to Thailand, not same country when before.

Ewerything stronger now.

If you get Visa from Ambassy no problem.

More qestion send PM

Leif

Are you sure?

Best regards!

Are you trolling? Nobody gets blacklisted in Thailand for a five-day overstay - though they probably would in Sweden. The Thais would need a roomful of functionaries to maintain the list. Being blacklisted requires the signature of a very high up official (since power here is always very top down) - I think the permanent secretary... he/she would be signing all day.

If you had paid your overstay at a land border, you could have walked back in 20 minutes later.

You've been worrying for four years for nothing, mate.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the response, I don't know why I worried, maybe cause I actually already purchased the ticket. Hehe.

Are you sure?

Best regards!

Are you trolling? Nobody gets blacklisted in Thailand for a five-day overstay - though they probably would in Sweden. The Thais would need a roomful of functionaries to maintain the list. Being blacklisted requires the signature of a very high up official (since power here is always very top down) - I think the permanent secretary... he/she would be signing all day.

If you had paid your overstay at a land border, you could have walked back in 20 minutes later.

You've been worrying for four years for nothing, mate.

No, I was just wondering, since I barely remember it at the airport and don't remember at all what they said =)

And the only thing i DO remember is that I heard that day from someone that you get a 5 year ban from thailand when breaking the law.

That's why I posted this post!

Thanks for the response though!

Edited by Coolabanane

Are you sure?

Best regards!

Best regards

Usually yes provided it was just an overstay and no other criminal activity was involved but it would be best to get a new passport before returning.

It was only that, and we got "taken" at the customs and went to pay the 2500 Baht fine.

Getting my new passport on tuesday anywho, it only lasts for 5 years in Sweden =).

I did some research on this a while back after my daughter was born and then reading about it on a Thai Legal website. My research led me to speak with some ex-falang who said they did fall foul of this law and had actually been black listed. A couple even mentioned they were following advice from the ThaiVisa forum and would never believe anything they read there again. It's a shame because I got really good advice here today about my own visa issue, so for sure this can be a great resource for information.

As far as I understand it, the law is real; if you get caught by police anywhere other than the airport (and in possession of a valid ticket to leave Thailand) without a valid visa, you are committing a serious crime and can be black-listed which would lead to refusal of entry in the future.

On the flip-side, this is Thailand and you may be able, for the moment, to negotiate a less severe outcome, and I think this is what many of the TV replies allude to.

But since I now have a daughter here, I just don't risk it and make sure my visa's are in good order, regardless of how much inconvenience I have to go through.

As far as I understand it, the law is real; if you get caught by police anywhere other than the airport (and in possession of a valid ticket to leave Thailand) without a valid visa, you are committing a serious crime and can be black-listed which would lead to refusal of entry in the future.

Blacklisting must be decided by a judge, depending on the crime and court decision. Read here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780211-my-experience-at-idc-for-overstaying/

Overstay, apprehended (with a ticket out), sentenced, deported. No blacklisting.

Blacklisting must be decided by a judge, depending on the crime and court decision. Read here

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780211-my-experience-at-idc-for-overstaying/

Overstay, apprehended (with a ticket out), sentenced, deported. No blacklisting.

Yes, it's quite a horror story. My initial information came from a legal site where I was trying to find (unsuccessfully) information about my baby daughters status. But they had a section on overstay which got my attention - I had previously overstayed after ripping my hand open on rusty barbed wire and I stayed until the treatment was complete. When I overstayed, the falang I spoke to, and web sites like TV made it seem like a common occurrence and nothing to be worried about, so I didn't think anything of it. Then after reading the legal site about how serious a problem it could actually turn into, and hearing similar horror stories to the one related in the link you posted, I started to see overstay in a completely different light.

The discrepancy here is in the blacklisting. The legal site (a Thai law firm) I read said the transgressor WOULD be blacklisted (the exception being if you are at an airport to depart the country).

It seems from the story you posted, which certainly has the ring of truth, black-listing may not always happen.

When you say "Blacklisting must be decided by a Judge", is this an actual law you are certain of, or just an interpretation of the circumstances? My own leaning is that the legal website may be correct in relating what the law says, but as with many situations here, the process doesn't always follow the letter of the law ;-)

Either way, the process sounds so nasty that it only should be enough to deter overstays, regardless of the possible blacklisting!

Regards.

Yes, it's quite a horror story. My initial information came from a legal site where I was trying to find (unsuccessfully) information about my baby daughters status. But they had a section on overstay which got my attention - I had previously overstayed after ripping my hand open on rusty barbed wire and I stayed until the treatment was complete. When I overstayed, the falang I spoke to, and web sites like TV made it seem like a common occurrence and nothing to be worried about, so I didn't think anything of it. Then after reading the legal site about how serious a problem it could actually turn into, and hearing similar horror stories to the one related in the link you posted, I started to see overstay in a completely different light.

The discrepancy here is in the blacklisting. The legal site (a Thai law firm) I read said the transgressor WOULD be blacklisted (the exception being if you are at an airport to depart the country).

It seems from the story you posted, which certainly has the ring of truth, black-listing may not always happen.

When you say "Blacklisting must be decided by a Judge", is this an actual law you are certain of, or just an interpretation of the circumstances? My own leaning is that the legal website may be correct in relating what the law says, but as with many situations here, the process doesn't always follow the letter of the law ;-)

Either way, the process sounds so nasty that it only should be enough to deter overstays, regardless of the possible blacklisting!

I only have "second hand" information. Pretty much all the people that made reports here is consistent in reporting their experience, that a court judgement is needed for blacklisting. That can change if and when the "new regulations" will be approved and made official.

You will also find that many people here are wary of advice given by these law offices. That has happened to me too, I was told something totally wrong, and that would have caused me significant damage if I had insisted following it, thing that fortunately I didn't.

Edited by paz