Air Asia

utapaortnab

... seems they're continuing to have 'little trouble' with their 'system' & the acceptance of non Thai/Malaysian Mastercards :o That's despite the cosy little message on their website that joyfully pronounces that they now accept "all" visa & Mastercards. (mine's European & it's declined, they say when I try to pay). My experience is thus: a call to them asking if they take European Mastercards meets with a yes - that is, until one actually trys to pay for a booking with a perfectly valid one.

Anyone experiencing such similar difficulties with an otherwise valid Mastercard should, of course, let the peeps at www.mastercard.com know. & hopefully things should work out much better for the rest of us soon.

Btw, it's a great budget airline :D - save for the fact that I had to trek out to Don Muang and back to pay :D

Booked Air Asia via the Web. No issues or problems with using credit card as previously reported. All and All very simple and straight forward.

Only issue the jammy gits raised prices from 299THB to 999THB -though can't grumble too much. hehehe

Anyone who has flown them, know how strict they are on baggage weight?

Things you should know about AirAsia (Chiang Mai to Bkk and back this week.

1. Any change you wish to make in your booking costs 500 baht per ticket and must be made 48 hours before your flight.

2. Forget about trying to buy a ticket or board a half empty flight at any time less that two hours before departure.

3. Their check in counter closes 45 minutes prior to flight departure so you had better be there at least an hour before departure.

4. There are no reserved seats so it is a zoo getting on the flight that is mostly full.

5. Staff is far from polite.

My two round trip tickets saved me 1400 baht but with 1000 baht change of flight fee, their refusal to let me on another flight the day before I was booked, despite being their more than a hour before flight time and the zoo like quality of the passengers and their regulations about weight, etc. I WILL NOT GO BY THEM AGAIN. It just isn't worth it, especially since Thai Airlines is lowering their fares to meet the competition.

In their defense, I don't believe they are fully computerized at the check in counter as I was checked off a pre-printed sheet of names for the flight. Explains why they require such advance notice. Likewise, the check in staff for baggage and tickets is the same staff that controls boarding, thus the 45 minute before rule as to closing check in.

i'm also the one who is doubting about airasia service whether it's relevant to the cost or not.

i'm about planning to take a short trip to malaysia

and considering to fly to kuala lumper by airasia for the 1st time

just for the trial.. of which is good to take risk for the affordable price

comparison to thaiairways, i can save about 9,000baht

anyway

i really don't have any ideas if it's going to be 'nonstop' flight or not?

and if the flight is just as reliable as it sounded to be?

i also even thought about taking the airline job-application!?

GFB.

Girl...well I'll give them a shot-worst comes to worst I won't fly then again. :o I'd like to think they are similiar to the low cost flights we have in Europe. Ryan Air, EasyJet/Go, Virgin Express.

Had issues with luggage on them, but if you know this ahead of time, then travel light! :D

brit:-

when i flied by the low-cost flights in europe, it never had such any troubles 'so far'

once i took VLM airline, then by the alliance (as my guess) my flight was upgraded automatically to AZZURA airline, then again i was seated by ITALIA airline at the end which i think it's even more than what i expected from the service, that is as convenient as the low-cost flight should be

so i just wonder if AIR ASIA will have similar offers like the other low-cost airlines

hope at least the aeroplane itself won't be too old to get high !?

GFB :o

I have flown Air Asia 6 times and love it because they let kids and old guys on first)I'm an "old guy". To qualify for an OG you must be at least 55...The best kept secret is that the best seats(2) are at the midships emergency door where there is plenty of leg room for foreigners!!!!!