New to Thailand ... One advice ... what would that be?

David48

frollywally ... thanks for dropping by.

Like a moth to a flame ... I knew you couldn't resist (but do try harder in the future).

So ... enlighten us with your Pearls of Wisdom.

What advice would you give to newcomers to Thailand?

I'm sure your candle burns bright ... rolleyes.gif

Don't be so modest. A moth to your flame?

Your posts are so much more than a flame. More a building fire lit by a bed wetting arsonist that is raging out of control.

Advice for newcomers to Thailand? "Go easy on the Som Tum the first week here"

Good topic, as many are from this OP. His neverending quest for advice and opinions will lead him closer to knowing himself. Once he reaches that state of selfawareness the new phase of his life will start.coffee1.gif

My advice is for newcomers is to stay true to oneself and do not take it all too serious. After all, there is a big chance that the Thais do not take you serious as well. wai.gif

Disregard anything you read here. Thailand bears little resemblance to the place discussed on these pages.

And your in Alaska.......................rolleyes.gif ....................

Does he have a sofa in the kitchen there, i wonder ?

Fink so.............smile.png

• Like 1

Always clean your ring piece out properly after easing yourself. Shower or bum gun required.

Once you develop an anal irritation it can take weeks to clear up!

Finally!!! Someone has got his priorities right.

I look foward to more contributions from this poster.

• Like 1

dont try to cross sukhumvit road by foot, use the footbridges- i seen a foriegner try to run across askoe/sukhumvit intersection yesterday i stopped wat i was doing and waited for the outcome. Dont ride a motorcycle even if you are a skilled rider, you dont know the traffic. Dont show the soles of your feet or raise your voice in public. Dont start a fight with a thai, i know a songtheaw driver that was a muay thai kickboxer for 30 years before he retired.

Dont bring a ladyboy back to your room, dont fall for a bargirl/massage/karaoke/disco girl freelance pro. And if you do don't send them money when you get back home. Dont do drugs or party with people who do drugs.

Have some respect, enjoy your stay

Keep your zipper up and your hands on your wallet. Don't wear Rose colored glasses.

Be nice, be patient, and take Thailand for what it is and respect the land and the people. Of course, the everyday general rules apply such as applying common sense, being aware of your belongings, and not expecting to get away with things here that you won't get away with in your own country. Stick to that and you will be ok.

• Like 1

Always clean your ring piece out properly after easing yourself. Shower or bum gun required.

Once you develop an anal irritation it can take weeks to clear up!

Finally!!! Someone has got his priorities right.

I look foward to more contributions from this poster.

Stay away from people and places where you might develop an anal irritation...

There are many things a newbie needs to know, just one?

Never go drinking with Thai men.

Hmmm....expected a way better advice from you. Circles circles....prejudice...

Unfortunately this one keeps coming up which keeps it at the top of my list.

Forgot to add,

there is no prejudice, merely that if the newbie never puts himself in that position, a problem cannot arise.

• Like 1

Hmm...the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.

As I have advised many times in the past here on Thai visa:

Always keep within the boundaries of the law.

Keep your head down and keep a low profile.

Lose that western aggression, it doesn`t work in Thailand.

Do not become involved.

Try not to fall hopelessly in love with gold digging women and those of ill repute.

Make an effort to learn at least some basic Thai and try to adapt to Thai attitudes and the communities around you.

Dress appropriately to the areas where you live, don`t stand out as the sloppy farang by wearing a wife beater vest, unkempt hair, loud tee-shirts, shorts and flip flops that many Thais consider as disrespecting their culture.

Abide by the above golden rules for staying long term in Thailand and seek mainly the positives about living here in Thailand for those who want to enjoy and have stress free and problem free lifestyles here.

• Like 1

One BJ ... just one ... facepalm.gif

As I have advised many times in the past here on Thai visa:

Always keep within the boundaries of the law.

Keep your head down and keep a low profile.

Lose that western aggression, it doesn`t work in Thailand.

Do not become involved.

Try not to fall hopelessly in love with gold digging women and those of ill repute.

Make an effort to learn at least some basic Thai and try to adapt to Thai attitudes and the communities around you.

Dress appropriately to the areas where you live, don`t stand out as the sloppy farang by wearing a wife beater vest, unkempt hair, loud tee-shirts, shorts and flip flops that many Thais consider as disrespecting their culture.

Abide by the above golden rules for staying long term in Thailand and seek mainly the positives about living here in Thailand for those who want to enjoy and have stress free and problem free lifestyles here.

... but thanks for the contribution ... wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA8eASoOck

• Like 1