Pattaya Police Beach Patrol Launched at Pattaya Port

webfact

Pattaya Police Beach Patrol Launched at Pattaya Port

beach-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday Night the much anticipated launch of the Chonburi Provincial Police Beach Patrol took place at the Bali Hai Port at the south-end of Pattaya Beach and close to the Southern entrance to Walking Street.

Police Major General Nittipong, the Chonburi Provincial Police Commander along with Khun Komsan, the Governor of Chonburi Province led the event which launched the new scheme which will drastically improve safety and security for Thai and Foreign Tourists who frequent Pattaya Beach Road and Walking Street.

Officers will wear distinctive orange shirts and shorts and will use ATV’s, Bicycles and even Horses to ensure they can undertake their duties effectively.

With the upcoming launch of the ASEAN Economic Community in 2015 and the knowledge that the Tourism Industry is vitally important to the local economy in Pattaya, maintaining law and order with a special focus on the safety and security of Tourists who visit Pattaya is the main objective of the scheme.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157607/pattaya-police-beach-patrol-launched-at-pattaya-port/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-04

Silly post removed.

Hopefully just the very presence of these high visibility policemen will cut crime dramatically along Beach Road, surely everyone must agree that something has to be done.

• Like 1

Silly post removed.

Hopefully just the very presence of these high visibility policemen will cut crime dramatically along Beach Road, surely everyone must agree that something has to be done.

Not really, I don't see a big problem apart from the Jet Ski Scam and they won't be going near that
  • Like 1

Some complain bout the lack of police patrols. Some complain when action is taken to improve police patrols. Some complain about horses, the new uniforms, etc.

Professional complainers are as common as are their dreary musings and they need to be heard. It reminds this reader that I am not in charge, I don't know everything and the world doesn't revolve around me.

• Like 2

To add to the article, there were two things specifically mentioned in speeches etc. last night as key reasons for this initiative and what they are focused on ....

1) jet skis

2) theft

and some new police boxes will be manned along beach road with patrols from Beach Road to end of Walking Street.

• Like 1

^^^

The whole event spanned a multi vehicle and multi contingent parade then a large stage entertainment event and a press conference where Miss Thailand and runners up, dignitaries etc were photographed and some interviews. The pic was from that latter part of a long event.

they were actually out last night, quite a few of them, 3 groups of about 10, they walked from i guess walking st to the police station, the uniform certainly makes them look more approachable, they dont seem to want to hang round tho so I guess the thieves will just hide till they have passed, but better then nothing

To add to the article, there were two things specifically mentioned in speeches etc. last night as key reasons for this initiative and what they are focused on ....

1) jet skis

2) theft

and some new police boxes will be manned along beach road with patrols from Beach Road to end of Walking Street.

Until the fat jet ski scammer on beach road looks less smug I won't believe they will be doing anything.

Horses? Why on earth horses?

Perhaps the idea is a decade or three late?

Because horses are very effective in helping police officers in their work not just in Thailand but in many countries.

But these are guys in shorts on Beach Rd. I thought horses were for crowd control at football matches etc.

There isn't much room for them on the beach itself.

Does this mean the black clad Walking Street stormtroopers are out? I cannot imagine those guys willing to trade their Darth Vader style uniforms with practical and approachable ones, or is this yet another group?

^^^^

The men in Orange are drawn from the regular police and from the Thai volunteer police.

The Tourist Police in black will remain and work together with them in Walking Street as will the Foreign Police Volunteers at a separate desk point.

^^^^

The men in Orange are drawn from the regular police and from the Thai volunteer police.

The Tourist Police in black will remain and work together with them in Walking Street as will the Foreign Police Volunteers at a separate desk point.

Lets hope they stop the dealing going on at the top of Walking Street.

Last time i was there a Thai lad offered me a bag of grass.

^^^^

Had he just cut the lawn?

They seem to sell Yaba too. I'm not bothered by all that anyway I just ignore.

^^^^

Had he just cut the lawn?

They seem to sell Yaba too. I'm not bothered by all that anyway I just ignore.

Doesnt bother me too. Its just under the old bills nose.

So last night a Russian guy got beat up by 3 Cambodians on the beach. Apparently he let loose on the cops for not being a visible presence. Seems like a big show to me. Crime on the beach and beach road is epic. Anyone that goes there at night knows. It's not a large area, I would think it would be easy to clean up, not to mention the police dept is on beach road. But that's where a large percentage of the crimes occur!