Hot Water Heater Repairperson in Chiang Mai

EPICFAIL

I really like our gas hot water heater in our shower but it is now turning itself off after operating for just a few seconds. Can anyone refer me to a Chiang Mai repairman/repairwoman who will make a housecall and help me restore my former level of hygeine?

I also had some problems with a Siemens water heater. Most of the technicians that came over didn't know what to do, so I searched google for the website of the brand of water heater that I have. Then I went to the address listed on the website and arranged to have a qualified technician come over to troubleshoot the problem.

Dont know a repair guy but if you would like to look yourself..........

Is it the instant/demand type heater? Meaning has no hot water storage but heats water

on demand/as needed.

Because if it is...The main culprit on demand type heaters that turn off after a few seconds is the

incoming water flow has been restricted/insufficient ( happens on both elec & gas types)

So as a safety measure the unit turns off so as to not melt itself.

If yours is the instant type heater check the incoming line where it attaches to the heater.

Most have a cone type screen trap there to catch rubbish that may be passing thru via the water line.

Usually just cleaning this is all you need do. Also be sure incoming water valve is fully open

The only other item is air intake...sometimes & only on these gas types under the main burner

spiders make webs (surprisingly it is not too hot under there) in the holes the burner draws air thru.

Same result heater cuts off but not due to lack of water flow but air flow.

Edited by mania

Figure out who handles repairs for your particular brand; i.e. Niyom Panich, Saha Pannich, Siam TV, etc. Then get in contact with them. About a year or so ago our Panasonic stopped working. We took it to Saha Pannich and they told us to take it to Niyom - the rival brother I think. They are the Panasonic agent here. They looked in the computer and we were surprised to find out that our model had a 5 year warranty on some, not all, parts. They replaced the heating element for free and we only had to pay a little money for some other parts not covered. They also delivered the unit to our house and re-installed it for no cost. But the parts came from Bangkok and a couple parts were out of stock and had to be ordered. Ended up taking about 3 weeks altogether.

Dont know a repair guy but if you would like to look yourself..........

Is it the instant/demand type heater? Meaning has no hot water storage but heats water

on demand/as needed.

Because if it is...The main culprit on demand type heaters that turn off after a few seconds is the

incoming water flow has been restricted/insufficient ( happens on both elec & gas types)

So as a safety measure the unit turns off so as to not melt itself.

If yours is the instant type heater check the incoming line where it attaches to the heater.

Most have a cone type screen trap there to catch rubbish that may be passing thru via the water line.

Usually just cleaning this is all you need do. Also be sure incoming water valve is fully open

The only other item is air intake...sometimes & only on these gas types under the main burner

spiders make webs (surprisingly it is not too hot under there) in the holes the burner draws air thru.

Same result heater cuts off but not due to lack of water flow but air flow.

Great advce mania. I'll take it apart and make sure the screens, filters, vents and lines are clear. I can do that. I'll let you know if it worked.

• Like 1