Hua Hin -- Is It Really That Expensive?

webworldly

Seems a lot of us on the board have Hua Hin on the brain today. :o

I have been searching for "serviced apartments" or hotels that offer long term deals on rooms that have at least some sort of kitchenette. What I've found so far is really "hyper expensive" compared to anywhere else I've looked in Thailand.

Am I just going about my search wrong? Are the deals all done "in person" whereas the internet rates are just high to take advantage of online bookings? I kinda' thought since Hua Hin was less of a "hotspot" for foreigners (at least Western foreigners) that the rates might be more reasonable.

Does anyone know of serviced apartments in the region?

There's a "Hua Hin" thread on this forum. If you're looking for a condo with kitchen you can ask there.

There's also a forum just for Hua Hin

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/index.php with a thread on hotels/accomodations

and there's a lot of postings about places to rent and different price ranges

Not sure what "hyperexpensive means" but you should be able to find something in almost any price range.

Try those two places first

For your needs ... HuaHin is gonna be very expensive .... for the rest of the world it aint so bad! Unless you can find someone leasin his condo out already set up with ADSL and Maids etc etc