New Hardware Superstore Open In Cm

whimsy

A gigantic hardware store has just opened near Saraphi. It is called Global House. They have other branches in Surat Thani, Roi Et, Khon Kaen and Korat.

I had a browse there on Sunday. The range of products is quite impressive, for example 4 aisles of taps, 2 of kitchen sinks. They are cheaper than Homepro, but don't also stock furniture and appliances like Homepro do.

The soft opening was last weekend and the official launch will be next weekend. Open to 7pm every day.

It is on the highway that connects from Hang Dong Road to the Sankampang Road (Second Ring Road?). From Hang Dong Road, turn left at the intersection just past the end of the airport runway, (the one where turning right leads to the Night Safari) and go about 5 km down that road, the store is about 1 km after you cross the Ping River.

I have no connection with this store, just posting to let others know about it as the location is a bit obscure. I just stumbled upon it last week when out for a drive.

Here are a couple of pics of the outside of the store taken a couple of days before they opened.

post-18801-1154983177_thumb.jpg post-18801-1154983219_thumb.jpg

THanks for the info. Saw it under construction & was hoping it would open soon.

Index Living Mall opened last week, next door to HomePro / Carrefour. Good range of furniture, including fitted wardrobes. Limited range of taps / mirrors etc.

Noppadom Panit on superhighway between Homepro & Mae Jo road also competitively priced for building materials, bathroom/kitchen accessories.

just wondering how come they were so quiet about the opening. Index living mall had the whole northern areas knew they were opening.

i did see it being constructed. kinda reminded me of something like Kmart or Target in america. will check it out one of these days.

I took a walk through Global House the other day -- very impressive. Vast areas of tools, many imported, and just about anything you might need for home improvement. Just opened and stocked to the gills.

Do they have large power tools like table saws, radial arm saws, band saws, wood lathes, drill presses, planer, joiner, etc.?

I took a walk through Global House the other day -- very impressive. Vast areas of tools, many imported, and just about anything you might need for home improvement. Just opened and stocked to the gills.

Do they have large power tools like table saws, radial arm saws, band saws, wood lathes, drill presses, planer, joiner, etc.?

I didn't see lathes, drill presses, or tables saws, but I think there were radial arm saws, and I know lots of power hand tools.

Noppadom Panit on superhighway between Homepro & Mae Jo road also competitively priced for building materials, bathroom/kitchen accessories.

Thanks for the info on Noppadom Panit. Always helpful to share this sort of information I reckon.

Thanks for the info on Noppadom Panit. Always helpful to share this sort of information I reckon.

noppadom panit are the ones that would gladly taken your order for anything, take some deposit and when the time comes to deliver the goods, its probably been sold to someone else!

several experiences by me and some other friends on many instances. better to stay with home pro.

noppadom panit are the ones that would gladly taken your order for anything, take some deposit and when the time comes to deliver the goods, its probably been sold to someone else!

several experiences by me and some other friends on many instances. better to stay with home pro.

Ordered loads of things from them & never had a problem. Maybe we got yours :o Even got theromstatically controlled shower taps thru them. Homepro didn't have a clue what I was trying to explain. Found that alot of the times NP beat HP on prices. Global house is just enormous & seems to have pretty much everything. Even timber seemed cheaper than I've seen it at large wood suppliers down soi behind NP.

Do they have:

A hammer (the dearest I could find actually) whose handle doesn't bend double after a month?

A saw whose teeth are wrongly set and simply doesn't cut even softwood?

Chisels whose metal starts revolving in the handle?

Extension leads that pop apart?

A spade whose blade doesn't bend over ON ITS FIRST GO?

A rake I bought that I thought must must be strong because it was made of welded rebar until one of the forks broke off RAKING LEAVES?

Epoxy glue that simply never set properly even though I mixed it perfectly?

Need I go on? I could, because I got all these, largely from big building stores.

Very reasonably priced tools are now available in the west that really are quite good quality. Why not here?

I get very sick of poor Thai folk getting ripped off, being fooled into thinking cheap tools save them money. But in most places it's impossible to find anything but rubbish.

Was at Global Home again yesterday, so checked -- they have table saws and drill presses, as well as things like cement mixers and power cement finishing (rotary style) machines. Many of their handtools are imported from the West or Japan.