Thailand Elite, the "other" perks...

I also just made a trip to London.

Night flight from Bangkok to London, arrival early morning, followed by meetings all day.

+ Overnight in London, wake up early, breakfast, and followed by the next day-flight, back to Bangkok.

= You can't imagine how wonderful it is to be welcomed "home", with a Thailand Elite smile, and be seated in the car within a few minutes.

Priceless.

(Especially when I saw the long queues at immigration).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

A nice way of enjoying the sky...

Advance Aviation from the top of The Peninsula to Don Mueang.

From Don Mueang, fly MJets to your weekend destination.

Book through Thailand Elite and the discount will pay for your champagne during the weekend. Very nice service, nice departure lounge (used between your helicopter arrival and private jet departure), nice planes, nice crews...

Highly enjoyable.

Once you know where you want to go, send a message to the member contact center. They will reply with a quotation.

The hours are of course totally flexible.

post-12654-1421849589685_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14218496206739_thumb.jpgpost-12654-1421849673904_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14218497439331_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Book through Thailand Elite and the discount will pay for your champagne during the weekend. Very nice service, nice departure lounge (used between your helicopter arrival and private jet departure), nice planes, nice crews...

Highly enjoyable.

Once you know where you want to go, send a message to the member contact center. They will reply with a quotation.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849586.165492.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849617.593926.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849670.120207.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849740.071782.jpg

Probably easier to go directly to Don Muang most days than to get to the Peninsula. Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Night flight from Bangkok to London, arrival early morning, followed by meetings all day.

+ Overnight in London, wake up early, breakfast, and followed by the next day-flight, back to Bangkok.

= You can't imagine how wonderful it is to be welcomed "home", with a Thailand Elite smile, and be seated in the car within a few minutes.

Priceless.

Being an elite person, didn't you fly First Class, or, horror of horrors, Business Class? If so, you would have received a premium immigration line pass; or are you claiming those were backed up to the gates as well?

And even for the prols, airport trolley cart and immigration fast trac service is available for B1500.

• Like 1

Priceless.

Being an elite person, didn't you fly First Class, or, horror of horrors, Business Class? If so, you would have received a premium immigration line pass; or are you claiming those were backed up to the gates as well?

And even for the prols, airport trolley cart and immigration fast trac service is available for B1500.

Of course I did fly First Class...

Highly enjoyable.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849586.165492.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849617.593926.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849670.120207.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1421849740.071782.jpg

Probably easier to go directly to Don Muang most days than to get to the Peninsula.

Except if you stay at The Peninsula.

By the way, for the breakfast you can eat at the top floor lounge, just under the helipad.

Very nice view.

The lounge is full of memorabilia. Wonderful.

Thailand Elite members also have better price conditions with Advance Aviation for the helicopter, but not for the jets. This because Thailand Elite already has an agreements with MJets for the jets.

I know you don't care, but just say for those who are interested ;)

post-12654-14220021929983_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14220022138027_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14220022498107_thumb.jpgpost-12654-1422002341355_thumb.jpg

Hi ! I am new at Thai Elite ! I have just started to use the airport priviledge, it works well, even my visa stamp did not take long when i reach the airport and the fast track is if great help if you consider the long long queue at Suv on arrival and also at check-in on departure. My only concern is about the fast track is limited to the card holder only for example in case im being accompagnied by my girl friend or any member of my family arriving on the same flight, if i am the only one allowed through the fast track and others by the normal channel, at the end it will not change anything to me because i will have to wait for all the time they will take queuing after myself has been cleared. It will be also embarassing and unfair to show-off that i am above them.

Hi ! I am new at Thai Elite ! I have just started to use the airport priviledge, it works well, even my visa stamp did not take long when i reach the airport and the fast track is if great help if you consider the long long queue at Suv on arrival and also at check-in on departure. My only concern is about the fast track is limited to the card holder only for example in case im being accompagnied by my girl friend or any member of my family arriving on the same flight, if i am the only one allowed through the fast track and others by the normal channel, at the end it will not change anything to me because i will have to wait for all the time they will take queuing after myself has been cleared. It will be also embarassing and unfair to show-off that i am above them.

Previous post by members have stated this is not the case however it maybe down to how busy they are that day.

Officially, as stated in the members' privilege book and on the website, the airport assistance is only for the members.

It is up to them to accommodate the members' guests.

Sometimes they do, sometimes not...

If you always travel with your Thai girlfriend, I guess it will be a bit embarrassing to let her queue while you clear immigration in a few seconds... But this is how it is.

If you travel with foreign guests, I believe they can accommodate them more easily.

But again, it is up to Thailand Elite to judge who they want to accommodate, in the case it involves non-members.

With foreign guests they are quite accommodating... According to my own experience.

Edited by gerry1011

Officially, as stated in the members' privilege book and on the website, the airport assistance is only for the members.

If you always travel with your Thai girlfriend, I guess it will be a bit embarrassing to let her queue while you clear immigration in a few seconds... But this is how it is.

If you travel with foreign guests, I believe they can accommodate them more easily.

But again, it is up to Thailand Elite to judge who they want to accommodate, in the case it involves non-members.

With foreign guests they are quite accommodating... According to my own experience.

You mean they threat the Thai girlfriends of an Elite member as a second grade citizen?

You mean they threat the Thai girlfriends of an Elite member as a second grade citizen?

everytime I arrive in thailand me and my thai boyfriend are both welcomed by

the TE staff and they help us both through immigration no problem

rick

@gerry you mentioned that your original TE visa was a SE visa and now you have the PE visa.

I am on my second SE visa and with the SE visa you still have to renew your permission to stay every 3 months. How do I change my TE visa from SE to PE so I can get the 1 year entry.

A while back they asked all the lifetime members to switch to the 20 year membership with a 20,000 annual fee. I didn't do the switch so is the only way to change my SE visa to a PE visa is convert my lifetime membership to the 20 year member with annual fee?

Another question is that does the 1 year PE visa allow you to get a 5 year drivers license as they will only give you a 1 year DL on the SE visa and won't allow you to upgrade that to a 5 year license when that expires.

I feel it's a little bit of an injustice that guys who pay for a 5 year Membership get a 12 month entry while people like me who shelled out for the lifetime membership only get 3 months.

A while back they asked all the lifetime members to switch to the 20 year membership with a 20,000 annual fee. I didn't do the switch so is the only way to change my SE visa to a PE visa is convert my lifetime membership to the 20 year member with annual fee?

Now that is an interesting "other perk" that Gerry forgot to tell us. So people who paid a few million for a lifetime membership were then advised to give it up and start paying an annual 20.000 Baht fee and a 20 year limited membership. or keep extending their visa every 3 months like any average Non B visa.

I understand the renewal every 3 months cost more than a visa run, isn't it ? So a multiple entry Non B holder is the actual privileged member.

Quite an amazing perk.

Edited by Anthony5

@gerry you mentioned that your original TE visa was a SE visa and now you have the PE visa.

I am on my second SE visa and with the SE visa you still have to renew your permission to stay every 3 months. How do I change my TE visa from SE to PE so I can get the 1 year entry.

Another question is that does the 1 year PE visa allow you to get a 5 year drivers license as they will only give you a 1 year DL on the SE visa and won't allow you to upgrade that to a 5 year license when that expires.

I feel it's a little bit of an injustice that guys who pay for a 5 year Membership get a 12 month entry while people like me who shelled out for the lifetime membership only get 3 months.

Hello AJBangkok.

Yes, indeed, I did convert my "gold" TE card for the new "purple" one.

The new one is valid for "only" 20 years, but it gives you the new PE visa with its 1 year stamp.

My reasoning to switch was that 20 years is a looooong time, so plenty of time to make plans for our old age.

But the one year stamp is the most interesting.

Until now I don't really use the 1 year stamp because I travel often, but I thought that in the future I may travel less and become more sedentary (in Thailand).

So, this 1 year stamp is of great value.

At the time they offered the opportunity to early members to switch to the new card, valued 2 million, instead of the 1 million I paid 12 years ago, the switching was free.

Yes, there is an annual fee of 20,000b, but I consider that negligible. But to everyone it's own opinion about the matter.

For the rest, I don't think much has changed between the new and old card.

So, if, in your own life, the 1 year stamp is important, I would not hesitate to call Thailand Elite and ask to switch to the new card.

What is 20,000 annual fee compared to the convenience of a 1 year stamp?

And again, 20 years is a long long time.

Without willing to sound sinister, many on this forum will be already dead by then...

Even some young ones (accident, tsunami or earthquake, fight or murder, aids, or cancer maybe, suicide or "suicide", broken heart, lack to adaptation to the Thai prisons, dangerous currents in Phuket, snake bites, dengue fever,...).

It can happen for sure :)

So, enjoy life at the present moment.

I would say that it is a good decision to go for the new card... But the decision is yours. Call them to know how to do.

Concerning the 5 years driving license.

Personally, I do have one. But, at the moment, indeed, it is up to your local transport department to agree to give you one or not. I guess that the way to go is to try to speak with the "chief", and explain him that you are here on a permanent basis.

Now, the good news is that Thailand Elite is working on the solution.

In the hopefully near future, members may benefit from the 5 years driving license, and even better, the 90 report may be lifted for members.

But, all this depends on the government' signature... and, as you know, it can be slow (and sometimes unpredictable).

But, believe me, they look into it seriously, with the objective to make the life of the members even easier.

And since there is an important flow of new members, we can be assured that it will happen one day. Sooner better than later, of course.

My opinion?

Switch for the new card.

(Except maybe if you are in the 25-35 age bracket, and plan to die in Thailand).

Edited by gerry1011

It should not be a problem to get a 5 year license people on tourist visas have gotten them. At many offices it is just the difference of having a certificate of residence from immigration instead of one from your embassy.

What is "12 month entry"?If have a 5 year elite card can we stay in Thailand anytime within 5 years and leave for travel needing a re-entry permit?

The PE visa is a multiple entry visa valid for 5 years that gives unlimited one year entries. There is no need for a re-entry permit. If you don't leave for a year you can get a one year extension at immigration.

And in reply to an earlier post you did. A credit card cannot be used to pay for membership. It is a bank transfer or you can deposit it directly into Thai elites account.

• Like 2

What is "12 month entry"?If have a 5 year elite card can we stay in Thailand anytime within 5 years and leave for travel needing a re-entry permit?

Indeed.

As a member, you receive a PE visa (Privileged Entry).

Each time you enter the country you receive a stamp valid for one year.

Every time you go out of the country and in again, you are stamped for one year.

You can go in and out as many times as you want. No need for re entry permit.

If you stay more than three month in the country, you just have to do the 90 day reports, as with any other visa. This may change in the future and there may not be any 90 day report to do anymore.

If you stay one full year in the country, you can extend your stamp without the need to leave the country.

Highly convenient.

• Like 1

It should not be a problem to get a 5 year license people on tourist visas have gotten them. At many offices it is just the difference of having a certificate of residence from immigration instead of one from your embassy.

I am on the PE visa and have the 1 year license and was told I can swap for the 5 year one when it expires. My certificate of residence was obtained from my local Amphoe and it has to specify it is for a driving licence. They keep the original copy of the certificate when you get the licence. I had a full UK licence and also got my Bike licence at the same time. Really easy process that took all of 1/2 hour. All the Amphoe asked for was my wifes blue book and a statement from her and the head of my Moo that I lived here. That took longer to get than the driving licence but all worth it in the end.

Thanks, Gerry the 20k per year doesn't bother me, and I guess in 20 years there will be some other program around.

The Thai 5 year DL does bother me but I asked at the DL issuing center and there isn't a conspiracy or any thing like that, it's just when the DL issuing act was written these program didn't exist and the visa type wasn't included in the regulations. It's a case of because it isn't specified as being eligible then they can't issue a 5 year license against it.

Thanks, Gerry the 20k per year doesn't bother me, and I guess in 20 years there will be some other program around.

The Thai 5 year DL does bother me but I asked at the DL issuing center and there isn't a conspiracy or any thing like that, it's just when the DL issuing act was written these program didn't exist and the visa type wasn't included in the regulations. It's a case of because it isn't specified as being eligible then they can't issue a 5 year license against it.

Then try another office. When I showed my PE visa to my local office the guy behind the desk not only knew all about the PE visa he said that the 5 year is no problem after my annual one expires.

I am on the PE visa and have the 1 year license and was told I can swap for the 5 year one when it expires. My certificate of residence was obtained from my local Amphoe and it has to specify it is for a driving licence. They keep the original copy of the certificate when you get the licence. I had a full UK licence and also got my Bike licence at the same time. Really easy process that took all of 1/2 hour. All the Amphoe asked for was my wifes blue book and a statement from her and the head of my Moo that I lived here. That took longer to get than the driving licence but all worth it in the end.
So we need a certificate of residence to get an elite visa? what form does that have to be and how to get? what if living in a condo with another person who rents that condo?I need to know the exact documentation needed for applying for elite visa because a friend wants to apply soon. Edited by kingalfred