Thailand Elite, the "other" perks...

On the occasion of the Phuket Boat Show, next January, Thailand Elite offers its members the opportunity to spend a day on a Montecarlo Yacht 70'.

Same boat as pictured here. It's quite a nice yacht, with 4 guest rooms, all the luxury needed, two powerful engines, a "beach club style" forward area, ... Quite a nice yacht indeed.

The Thailand Elite invitation is, of course, on a "first come first served" basis. It would be difficult to put 3000 members on such a yacht, even if it is a beautiful one :)

The invitation is totally free. But it is for members only. No space for the members' friends.

Why would members be interested to join such a trip on such a yacht?

For fun, and to enjoy the Andaman sea on a luxury yacht, of course. The yacht will cruise in the beautiful Phang Nga bay...

To have a taste of what it is to own a boat in Thailand...

But also, to simply meet other members... Such a day at sea, on such a nice boat, is ideal to make new quality friends in a relaxed atmosphere.

The day at sea is sponsored by a well known yacht dealer based in Phuket (which offers other benefits to Thailand Elite members too).

Such invitations are part of the fun of being a Thailand Elite member :)

Thailand Elite tries to offer more than only convenience or visa, and these "little things" are part of it.

Yachting may not be your cup of tea, you may not be in Thailand at that time, you may be busy and not able to attend, you may reply too late to participate,... but anyway, even if you don't attend Thailand Elite events, such nice invitations are always nice to receive.

And there are more...

post-12654-14177552811877_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

On the occasion of the Phuket Boat Show, next January, Thailand Elite offers its members the opportunity to spend a day on a Montecarlo Yacht 70'.

Same boat as pictured here. It's quite a nice yacht, with 4 guest rooms, all the luxury needed, two powerful engines, a "beach club style" forward area, ... Quite a nice yacht indeed.

The Thailand Elite invitation is, of course, on a "first come first served" basis. It would be difficult to put 3000 members on such a yacht, even if it is a beautiful one :)

The invitation is totally free. But it is for members only. No space for the members' friends.

For fun, and to enjoy the Andaman sea on a luxury yacht, of course. The yacht will cruise in the beautiful Phang Nga bay...

But also, to simply meet other members... Such a day at sea, on such a nice boat, is ideal to make new quality friends in a relaxed atmosphere.

The day at sea is sponsored by a well known yacht dealer based in Phuket (which offers other benefits to Thailand Elite members too).

Thailand Elite tries to offer more than only convenience or visa, and these "little things" are part of it.

Yachting may not be your cup of tea, you may not be in Thailand at that time, you may be busy and not able to attend, you may reply too late to participate,... but anyway, even if you don't attend Thailand Elite events, such nice invitations are always nice to receive.

And there are more...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1417755275.079899.jpg

Yacht? That's not a yacht, yachts have sails. Lol.

Keep the information and posts coming Gerry, ignore the jealous ones. ;)

My apologies.

It's a motor yacht ;)

One with engines. No sails.

Well... Some kind of boat on which you can cruise and have a good time :)

A GREAT TIME on, unless your payin the bloody fuel bill. Lol.

As an old sailer from way back, I could,d never figure the people on those things out. There's nothing like a real yacht.

Anyway, as I am only stirring, keep the information coming. My friend signed up for Thai elite some months ago and I can keep her on her toes with this stuff.

Good work Gerry.

• Like 1

And there are more...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1417755275.079899.jpg

Yacht? That's not a yacht, yachts have sails. Lol.

Keep the information and posts coming Gerry, ignore the jealous ones. ;)

My apologies.

It's a motor yacht ;)

One with engines. No sails.

Well... Some kind of boat on which you can cruise and have a good time :)

A GREAT TIME on, unless your payin the bloody fuel bill. Lol.

As an old sailer from way back, I could,d never figure the people on those things out. There's nothing like a real yacht.

Anyway, as I am only stirring, keep the information coming. My friend signed up for Thai elite some months ago and I can keep her on her toes with this stuff.

Good work Gerry.

You are right.

I envy the real sailors and would love to be able to go around the world with a nice sailing yacht.

But I don't have enough knowledge to own a sailing boat. So I am in the other group who pays quite a bit for the fuel ;)

Anyway, I would love to learn from a real sailor. Hope that one day our paths cross each other ;)

Edited by gerry1011

My wife and I yachted for a few years, I was one of the privileged few that got to sail when younger. If you get it in your blood you will part with a lot of the folding stuff.

There's something about the way yachts move through the swell, it's mesmerising, it's a wealthy mans thing.

Those motor yachts, they're for the really wealthy. Lol.

My friend she's not a golfer, but I'm sure she'd like to take a trip in that motor yacht. I wonder if I can convince he to take me with her. ;)

• Like 1

My wife and I yachted for a few years, I was one of the privileged few that got to sail when younger. If you get it in your blood you will part with a lot of the folding stuff.

There's something about the way yachts move through the swell, it's mesmerising, it's a wealthy mans thing.

Those motor yachts, they're for the really wealthy. Lol.

My friend she's not a golfer, but I'm sure she'd like to take a trip in that motor yacht. I wonder if I can convince he to take me with her. ;)

Let me know... (Privately) ;)

We can always cruise along the Thailand Elite Montecarlo yacht with "another boat"... But that boat is a competing brand, maybe the sponsor of the day will not be very happy to see us too close :)

• Like 1

Another nice event where members were invited was the grand opening of the new Lamborghini Bangkok showroom.

Nice party and a nice way to meet fellow Thailand Elite members, as well as to meet their staff in the different athmosphere.

It was also the occasion to see the new Hurracan :wub:

Very cool car replacing the Gallardo.

post-12654-14177607904265_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14177608059436_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14177608205039_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

How do you keep up to date about these events? Because I'm a member and I haven't heard anything about this Boat Show thing. Nothing about the Lamborghini event either, although it is posted in the website (but honestly, who checks out the website every day?). Thanks.

How do you keep up to date about these events? Because I'm a member and I haven't heard anything about this Boat Show thing. Nothing about the Lamborghini event either, although it is posted in the website (but honestly, who checks out the website every day?). Thanks.

Members are contacted by email. You should know that ;)

If you really are a member you should have been contacted.

But since you just wrote your very first newbie post... we may doubt that you are member of the Thailand Elite club :)

Members are contacted by email. You should know that ;)

If you really are a member you should have been contacted.

But since you just wrote your very first newbie post... we may doubt that you are member of the Thailand Elite club :)

I got the invite via email on Thursday. Looks like a great event :)
  • Like 1

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is... Not that it sounds that great... It sounds fishy. The pictures look fishy. And if you google "Thai Elite Visa Scam" then you find lots of stories and background about the program. "Count Gerald van der Straten Ponthoz"'s testimonial is the funniest I have come across in a long time.

If it really were that good then people wouldn't advertise it... It would just spread by word of mouth...

500,000 Baht for a 5 year visa in a country that has been known to change the visa rules every couple weeks AND has different visa rules from Embassy To Embassy, and has been known not to honour visas obtained at an embassy at time of entry.... Sounds like a gamble.... Sure you might argue that's why you should get this card.... C'mon...

You say it's legit? Okay show me on the Official Thai Immigration Website where this "Government Led Program" is mentioned...

Edited by PMak
  • Like 1

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is... Not that it sounds that great... It sounds fishy. The pictures look fishy. And if you google "Thai Elite Visa Scam" then you find lots of stories and background about the program. "Count Gerald van der Straten Ponthoz"'s testimonial is the funniest I have come across in a long time.

If it really were that good then people wouldn't advertise it... It would just spread by word of mouth...

500,000 Baht for a 5 year visa in a country that has been known to change the visa rules every couple weeks AND has different visa rules from Embassy To Embassy, and has been known not to honour visas obtained at an embassy at time of entry.... Sounds like a gamble.... Sure you might argue that's why you should get this card.... C'mon...

You say it's legit? Okay show me on the Official Thai Immigration Website where this "Government Led Program" is mentioned...

We will enjoy while you worry :)

(Many people are worried about their ED visa at the moment. Not you?)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I do agree I felt kind of like gambling when I got it. Who knows what's gonna happen in 5 years. However so far the experience has been nothing but great, and I haven't regretted for one second getting it. Specially now seeing how most people are worried about their visas.

You mentioned Thai Immigration website, which is funny. I guess you have never seen the website yourself, since there's a banner linking to the program on the left side. See attached image.

Finally, thanks to the other members who confirmed they received the invitation to the event. Perhaps I'm not getting them because I'm on the Easy Access Membership?

post-227791-0-92174200-1417859710_thumb.

Edited by RRMM
  • Like 1

I got the Montecarlo Yacht invitation - I thought it would be an excellent day out with my Wife, but wrote off the idea once I read that it was for Members Only.

​I've been invited to a few other events too which I haven't really been interested in attending.

I used to enjoy the 7 Series BMW ride to the airport - now its a Toyota Camry. Still very convenient, but the 7 series was nicer.

I used to enjoy regular Aroma Massages until disappointingly Thai Elite made the massage privilege Thai Massage only which I don't enjoy. When I complained the reply I received was that the Thai Massage was invented in Thailand and thus promoting Thailand (rubbish IMO).

I used to play golf a lot, however, the number of courses was cut until now there are only 4 in the Bkk vicinity. Again disappointing. But I play less golf now anyway.

I still use the golf occasionally. I use the Airport transfers regularly. I still consider the T.E. Program a good choice (IF it continues to last which now I suspect it will).

Someone offered to buy the card off me recently - After thinking about it I realised that even with the cut-back in services I still value the service it offers more than the cost.

Funny I just Googled "Thailand Elite Scam" as stated above and its just a series of links to forums bleeting the same crap on here and who have no idea what there talking about. Bitter people me thinks. Even when the scheme went through financial trouble all visas where honoured but yes some of the perks were not. I got mine for the visa. Still value for money. If they took away the limo I certainly wouldnt mind as I would never use it even if I popped out the country. Again and Ive stated this before its cheaper than what I paid in council tax alone in the UK all to stay in a country I love. Easy access no hassel visa for 5 years. These bitter comments on here I guess either dont like to part with money or dont have it. Real facts about the scheme can be obtained from actual members not the twisted people on here who have no idea or really are that bitter cant stand that others are ... well just happy with it. Stick to the facts.

Edited by bim
  • Like 2

How many times does it have to be said the visa aspect of this club has never had an issue for its members from the start and through all the BS that has beset Thailand up to the present day.

I think that I will have to be said again and again (and again) (and...) till the Thailand Elite haters have enough savings to buy themselves a membership wink.png

• Like 1