Thailand Elite, the "other" perks...

How many times does it have to be said the visa aspect of this club has never had an issue for its members from the start and through all the BS that has beset Thailand up to the present day.

I think that I will have to be said again and again (and again) (and...) till the Thailand Elite haters have enough savings to buy themselves a membership wink.png

Never an issue with the Elite visa ? Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

This letter was posted on this very forum in 2009 and confirmed by Thaivisa members who were Elite members. Have a nice day

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a73570-.html

post-222439-0-72342100-1417888122_thumb.

post-222439-0-06337100-1417888057_thumb.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/235788-thailand-elite-program-is-dying-special-entry-visa-suspended/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/238762-thailand-elite-card-is-abandoned/

Edited by Anthony5

Personally I went through the storm created by the then government without problem with my SE visa, which was renewed with another SE and now a PE.

The storm was created by the then government just before it knew it was going to be replaced. Kind of last nasty try to denigrate the program. But it never succeeded in shutting down the program. I am sure it makes your heart happy to hear that members' visas were still honored with no problem.

Then everything went more than ok, and now the same persons who were against the program are running it ;)

And, you know what?

I am going to enjoy that Thailand Elite / Montecarlo cruise together with old and new members :)

(But from another yacht, because there will be most probably more candidates than space available on the 70' yacht).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Personally I went through the storm created by the then government without problem with my SE visa, which was renewed with another SE and now a PE.

The storm was created by the then government just before it knew it was going to be replaced. Kind of last nasty try to denigrate the program. But it never succeeded in shutting down the program. I am sure it makes your heart happy to hear that members' visas were still honored with no problem.

Then everything went more than ok, and now the same persons who were against the program are running it wink.png

And, you know what?

I am going to enjoy that Thailand Elite / Montecarlo cruise together with old and new members smile.png

(But from another yacht, because there will be most probably more candidates than space available on the 70' yacht).

Because you went through the storm, while other clearly didn't, still doesn't justify your earlier comments that there never has been a problem.

It was replaced only because the Thaksinistas came back in power just in time, a situation that is a little different this time.

Good luck with your plugging for as long as it lasts, in the threads I quoted there is by the way mention that foreigners are paid to plug the program in Thailand, maybe you are one of them.

Then everything went more than ok, and now the same persons who were against the program are running it wink.png

And, you know what?

I am going to enjoy that Thailand Elite / Montecarlo cruise together with old and new members smile.png

Because you went through the storm, while other clearly didn't, still doesn't justify your earlier comments that there never has been a problem.

It was replaced only because the Thaksinistas came back in power just in time, a situation that is a little different this time.

Good luck with your plugging for as long as it lasts, in the threads I quoted there is by the way mention that foreigners are paid to plug the program in Thailand, maybe you are one of them.

You should read all the way through the links you posted. It never happened. It was just unauthorized rubbish spouted out by a person in the government of the day.

That was in January of 2009 shortly after the dems came into power. Elections did not happen until 2011,

The current government seems to be supporting it.

• Like 1

Some posters, really passionate about this subject, go to dig all kinds of old stories and baseless rumors to criticize Thailand Elite, apparently just because they don't like the fact that the members are invited for a free luxury yacht cruise ;)

Let's keep to the topic of the "other perks" associated with the Thailand Elite membership. If possible... (Most probably not) ;)

• Like 2

Some posters, really passionate about this subject, go to dig all kinds of old stories and baseless rumors to criticize Thailand Elite, apparently just because they don't like the fact that the members are invited for a free luxury yacht cruise wink.png

Let's keep to the topic of the "other perks" associated with the Thailand Elite membership. If possible... (Most probably not) wink.png

You want to say that the threads I linked to are all a bunch of lies? I don't think so, it are facts that you want to hide and forget, but which probably will happen again in the future.

Do you really think that I'm jealous because you paid 2 million Baht to be allowed to sit on a yacht, by the way far from a cruise a sail around the corner is?

Keep plugging mate, I'll stop posting, because your only aim is to keep this post alive, and high in the Google search ranks.

Some posters, really passionate about this subject, go to dig all kinds of old stories and baseless rumors to criticize Thailand Elite, apparently just because they don't like the fact that the members are invited for a free luxury yacht cruise wink.png

Let's keep to the topic of the "other perks" associated with the Thailand Elite membership. If possible... (Most probably not) wink.png

You want to say that the threads I linked to are all a bunch of lies? I don't think so, it are facts that you want to hide and forget, but which probably will happen again in the future.

Do you really think that I'm jealous because you paid 2 million Baht to be allowed to sit on a yacht, by the way far from a cruise a sail around the corner is?

Keep plugging mate, I'll stop posting, because your only aim is to keep this post alive, and high in the Google search ranks.

Thank you for stopping to post.

What you want to post is unneeded misinformation anyway, and unrelated to that we want to share in this thread.

As long as all here are happy with their choices I am happy too :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

What you want to post is unneeded misinformation anyway, and unrelated to that we want to share in this thread.

As long as all here are happy with their choices I am happy too smile.png

No misinformation, only hard facts from my side, but hard to swallow for an Elite apologist of course.

You should have titled your thread " And all the other perks that were promised but vanished after we paid", would have been more accurate laugh.png

No misinformation, only hard facts from my side, but hard to swallow for an Elite apologist of course.

You should have titled your thread " And all the other perks that were promised but vanished after we paid", would have been more accurate laugh.png

You still post?

You must be really passionate by this subject indeed ;)

I am not an apologist, I am a Thailand Elite member. A long time member. And a happy one. Like all the other members. You should join us. If you have the means, of course. It's not only convenient, with a great visa and no headaches, it is also fun ;)

But it's not like this forum... It's not free. But still affordable for the ones with a bit of savings ;)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Credibility lost after you said you'd stop posting. As I asked before in another thread to which you never answered, why are you so bitter about this subject? Don't answer for your credibilitiy please.

• Like 2

I feel so sad that I'm refused from the limited group of Golden Child's, previously know as duped Thai elite members.

I'm not bitter. I'm only stating facts a few members from a group of merely 2700 people in total, from which half got their membership for free, try to hide by looking though rose colored goggles.

And, you know what?

You should read all the way through the links you posted. It never happened. It was just unauthorized rubbish spouted out by a person in the government of the day.

That was in January of 2009 shortly after the dems came into power. Elections did not happen until 2011,

The current government seems to be supporting it.

I could post links to other forums, which is not allowed by tv forum rules, where Elite members admit that for a certain period of time, which I think was 6 months, were unable to get a visa through the program.

There are post on this forum, which I'm not able to find now but you as moderator will definitely be able, from an elite member who admitted that he for a certain period was not able to obtain a visa through the program.

Edited by Anthony5

Anthony 5...i understand your passion to discredit this program if you invested and lost money it would might break your piggy bank but for most of us I don't think it would damage our financial future here in Thailand.

• Like 1

Anthony 5...i understand your passion to discredit this program if you invested and lost money it would might break your piggy bank but for most of us I don't think it would damage our financial future here in Thailand.

Indeed :)

Personally I am very happy with my membership, and all members posting on here have been also very positive about the program.

Nobody feels the need to leave Thailand, be it Portugal or another country, and Thailand Elite helps us be happy where we are :)

Some on this forum just can't stand that Thailand Elite is in fact a great program.

Well, to come back to the Thailand Elite / Montecarlo yacht (complementary) day cruise, it will be a nice occasion to meet fellow members for sure :)

• Like 1

Whilst sticking to the OPs original post "other perks" it maybe worthwhile to note the assistance of TE staff to help obtaining a Thai Driving license, Work Permit, Speady Airport clearance and my favourite ... which im looking forward to using, the lovelly TE luggage labels. ;) Lets not allow people to hijack the thread. I think the very respected Ubon Joes comment above should hopefully more than put them in there place. :)

Edited by bim
  • Like 1

Whilst sticking to the OPs original post "other perks" it maybe worthwhile to note the assistance of TE staff to help obtaining a Thai Driving license, Work Permit, Speady Airport clearance and my favourite ... which im looking forward to using, the lovelly TE luggage labels. ;) Lets not allow people to hijack the thread. I think the very respected Ubon Joes comment above should hopefully more than put them in there place. :)

Bim, thank you very much for reminding us about the now world famous Thailand Elite luggage labels !!!

:) :) :)

I forgot that small but very important "other perk" ;)

But, if you allow me, and since you mentioned the airport assistance, one more "other perk" that is not mentioned anywhere in the members' privilege book is... The smile and the warm welcome feeling.

After a long flight back to Bangkok, the Thailand Elite staff waiting for us at the gate really make me feel welcome back "home". That is a rather priceless and intangible "other perk"... bus as important as the luggage labels :)

Difficult to understand for the non-members though.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

I thought I would even share a picture of the world famous Thailand Elite luggage labels... for everybody to enjoy :)

There have been a few versions of the luggage labels since the beginning of the program. For memorabilia collectors I can upload other pictures if needed ;)

Note to the Thailand Elite haters:

At this time we have a lighthearted conversation, but feel free to come back with your bitter comments if you feel the urge to do so ;)

post-12654-14179280026976_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Bim, thank you very much for reminding us about the now world famous Thailand Elite luggage labels !!!

But, if you allow me, and since you mentioned the airport assistance, one more "other perk" that is not mentioned anywhere in the members' privilege book is... The smile and the warm welcome feeling.

After a long flight back to Bangkok, the Thailand Elite staff waiting for us at the gate really make me feel welcome back "home". That is a rather priceless and intangible "other perk"... bus as important as the luggage labels :)

Ohh Gerry im looking forward to that priceless friendly Thai welcome at the gate when I fly in the New Year. And using those world famous TE luggage labels of course ;) Not to mention my limo too and from the hotel of which I will get a discount on using my TE card. :) Edited by bim
  • Like 1

Ohh Gerry im looking forward to that priceless friendly Thai welcome at the gate when I fly in the New Year. And using those world famous TE luggage labels of course ;) Not to mention my limo too and from the hotel of which I will get a discount on using my TE card. :)
Oh... You go abroad for new year?

That is why you can't join the Montecarlo Yachts day cruise... Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year anyway :)

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

Ohh Gerry im looking forward to that priceless friendly Thai welcome at the gate when I fly in the New Year. And using those world famous TE luggage labels of course ;) Not to mention my limo too and from the hotel of which I will get a discount on using my TE card. :)
Oh... You go abroad for new year?

That is why you can't join the Montecarlo Yachts day cruise... Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year anyway :)

Thank you Gerry and a Happy Christmas and New Year to you also.

• 3 weeks later...

Concerning the complementary Thailand Elite / Montecarlo Yachts day cruise on the occasion of the Phuket Boat Show, a "favorable wind" brought me the news that there will be in fact two boats.

The number of interested members seems to be more than expected, so Montecarlo Yachts adds a smaller MCY 50' for the trip.

As shown on the pictures (Not sure if these will be the colors of the boats though)

post-12654-14193365392277_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14193365497811_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

He is just articulating what is the past experience of the elite program, which to put it mildly was a diasaster.

Also don't bring in the argument of can't afford it..or are jealous...some on here pay more than that for our children's international school fees each year..

The program has discredited itself in the pass..

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole..( experience of business , rule changes at a whim, ) etc..

It's an alternative..but doesn't justify all these " love in" posts on a couple of threads on here..

• Like 1

He is just articulating what is the past experience of the elite program, which to put it mildly was a diasaster.

Also don't bring in the argument of can't afford it..or are jealous...some on here pay more than that for our children's international school fees each year..

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole..( experience of business , rule changes at a whim, ) etc..

It's an alternative..but doesn't justify all these " love in" posts on a couple of threads on here..

Although it went through difficulties because in my opinion it was maybe priced to cheaply I have to ask you "was one visa cancelled"? If you are honest or know, then that would be a resounding no. Nothing to do with a love in. Many on here have already posted and some are original members from when the scheme first started, all positive from what I have read with one exception who actually complained he spent only 10 minutes to pick his visa up instead of the usual endless hours in CW. Some are hard to please. ;)

Although it went through difficulties because in my opinion it was maybe priced to cheaply I have to ask you "was one visa cancelled"? If you are honest or know, then that would be a resounding no. Nothing to do with a love in. Many on here have already posted and some are original members from when the scheme first started, all positive from what I have read with one exception who actually complained he spent only 10 minutes to pick his visa up instead of the usual endless hours in CW. Some are hard to please. wink.png

There was a time of about 6 months that visa's could not be had, and there was a member on this very forum with an elite card who experienced that., and posted about it in another elite thread.

Gerry1011 knows that, and if he is honest he will confirm it, because he replied to that post at that time.

I feel so sad that I'm refused from the limited group of Golden Child's, previously know as duped Thai elite members.

I'm not bitter. I'm only stating facts a few members from a group of merely 2700 people in total, from which half got their membership for free, try to hide by looking though rose colored goggles.

I think that there will be a lot more people applying for membership, now that visa runs are so difficult and renewals for other types of non-Imm visas are getting so hard. I also doubt that the Thai government would withdraw the 5 year PE visas once issued, even if the TE scheme under which they were granted were to be withdrawn. Revoking an entire type of visa, including those already issued and paid for, is an extreme measure, something I have never heard of, and I just can't see that the government would do that.

Massages, golf, yachts, dollies at the arrival desk and airport transfers are all very nice, but amount to little more than marketing fluff, the quality of which tends to erode over time - rather like my Citibank platinum card, with its various privileges on program launch that were gradually whittled down as time went by: now I only use it as a payment device and a means of accruing frequent flyer points. You can buy all these things separately, after all, by flying first or business class for example, by hiring a limo, and by paying for a massage in your hotel and a game of golf at the course.

For TE, the visa will always be the big draw - 500k for 5 years - not much for the right to stay in a foreign country these days and I can see why a lot of people would pay that, especially to avoid the humiliation that the non-Imm process has descended into - syphillis tests for people wanting to take an office job, photos of the marital bed, endless queuing and other ridiculous and arbitrary requests that the often rude officials seem to make these days.

Thailand is a nice place to live and the lower cost of living here would soon offset the 500k spent on the visa, even for someone of modest means.

High time they did away with the 90 day reporting - an utterly pointless waste of everyone's time.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1