Steam carpet cleaner

I must have one of the few condos in Bangkok that has wall-to-wall fitted carpets. Good quality carpets fitted by the previous Thai owner!

I love having carpets, great to walk barefoot on and also saves a fortune in avoiding the smashed watches, mobiles and glasses etc that happen by dropping things on tiles floors.

I have had the carpets steam cleaned professionally twice already, cost 2,500 baht a pop.

Just wondering if anyone has across a moderately priced steam carpet cleaner in the shops. If about 10,000 baht it might be worth investing in one. More convenient than the hassle of getting the pros in and having to move all the furniture around.

I have seen vacuum cleaners that can suck up fluids but I don't think these are meant for actually steam cleaning carpets.

Lots of steam carpet cleaners are advertised on the net, but not in Thailand as far as I can see.

Thanks

I agree about the luxury of carpets and would love to find a steam cleaner. I get mine (Pattaya) cleaned by people using a shampooer but so often they leave a sticky residue and have to make repeat visits.

Have you asked the company that steam-cleans your carpets for a contact #?

Also, does anyone know of a company that uses steam cleaners in Pattaya??

The company I have used in Bangkok are

Certified Carpet and Cleaning Co Ltd Tel 02 2842233 (No Pattaya branch as far as I know)

They just squirt a bit of detergent onto the carpet and then apply steam and vacuum the dirty excess fluid off.

It leaves the carpet a bit damp, but this dries within a few hours. No sticky mess and only 1 visit required.

Cost 2,500 baht for about an hours work for 3 people. But then they do have the industrial steam cleaning machine!