Brother-in-law in jail.

sipi

My wife got a phone call from her sister yesterday. When she got off the phone she says to me, "Du is in jail"

She went on to explain what he had done. He was given 12 months and a 30000 baht fine. He has paid 20000 baht but was 10000 short.

Hey, I like Du. He is a builder and helped build our house. He is covered in tattoos and did his years as a monk. He treats my son like royalty, and has always been good to me and my wife. And I have known him for over 10 years.

So I asked the wife "so now what?"

She replied that Dad had banned him from seeing his daughter (they have 3 kids).

I thought $300 isn't a big deal, so replied "would he like to borrow ...."

Before I could finish the sentence she said "Dad has spoken"

In all honesty, I will miss him.

well we dont know what he did?

I wouldnt be happy if my Wife said that to me ie "Dad has spoken" because husband would be telling her HUSBAND IS SPEAKING...........................well thats how it sounds anyway.

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

Something to read on a Saturday morning.

Are you going to drip feed the rest of the information onto us? Or is that it?

When do we get to pass judgement?

the high court is waiting....

Maybe this is the guy responsible for upsetting Costas so much. Maybe this guy got into Costas badgers or something. Hang him high. :P

• Like 2

the high court is waiting....

Maybe this is the guy responsible for upsetting Costas so much. Maybe this guy got into Costas badgers or something. Hang him high. tongue.png

heard another guy upset our badger friend a bit-he even "blocked"himwhistling.gif

dam'n x-mas

After all is said and done...

TV is all about passing judgement.

Isn't it?

Good post, I thought. ( my judgement )

I get the point.

• Like 1

Dad has spoken!! Ican relate to that. To many Thai fathers think that married daughters are their property .To be dictated to by pa pa.

I have had the same problem.Tell pa pa f off.If lady is married she is not pa pa chattel.

• Like 1

If you miss him then pay the $300 and tell your wife that you have spoken. In all seriousness.

Yes, I think we will go that way and the wife won't mind. Dad is possibly trying to put the wind up him so he will learn a lesson.

Du really is a good dad and a top bloke.

What he did was on the lower end of the scale, but illegal never-the-less and he got caught.

Ok gents, he got caught smoking a joint and in possession (personal use only, as far as I know). He was away on a building job so there were no kids around. We don't know the full story, but this is as close as I can get.

Please don't hang him.

Edited by sipi

The OP says he was given 12 months and a 30,000 baht fine so will lending him the 10,000 help

Will probably shave 2 months of his sentence .. usually if you don't have the money for fines. It gets taken at 200b a day in prison. Strange really as it probably costs more than that to KEEP you in prison!

If you miss him then pay the $300 and tell your wife that you have spoken. In all seriousness.

Yes, I think we will go that way and the wife won't mind. Dad is possibly trying to put the wind up him so he will learn a lesson. He really is a good dad and a top bloke.

What he did was on the lower end of the scale, but illegal never-the-less and he got caught.

Ok gents, he got caught smoking a joint and in possession.

Please don't hang him.

Shit... half the back backers on KS road would be hanging!!!!

• Like 2

Yes, I think we will go that way and the wife won't mind. Dad is possibly trying to put the wind up him so he will learn a lesson.

Ok gents, he got caught smoking a joint and in possession (personal use only, as far as I know). He was away on a building job so there were no kids around. We don't know the full story, but this is as close as I can get.

Please don't hang him.

Strange that its so much then. BIL got caught with yabaa (pee test nothing on him) and no fine spend 3 months in jail and released. I wanted to help the guy as he is stupid but a hard worker. But gf said don't this way he gets free food and mom has a bit of a holiday too. (the guy lives with mom).

In the past I wanted to buy an chainsaw for him as he was doing many menial jobs and cutting trees for people. GF said don't he might cut of his hand or he wont keep the chainsaw in good working order. So I did not, but I have nothing against the guy. Just don't want him staying at our house and sleeping over. Visiting is ok ill even give him some beer money sometimes.

• Like 1

Please don't hang him.

Two things to consider:

1) How sure are you that's what he really did and the family isn't just lying to you- and presumably others- to save face over something truly embarassing or dangerous he did?

2) If you do bail him out, I'd try your best to do it privately between you and Du, so as not to ruffle any feathers with your wife and/or make dear old dad lose face.

• Like 1

Please don't hang him.

Two things to consider:

1) How sure are you that's what he really did and the family isn't just lying to you- and presumably others- to save face over something truly embarassing or dangerous he did?

2) If you do bail him out, I'd try your best to do it privately between you and Du, so as not to ruffle any feathers with your wife and/or make dear old dad lose face.

Good advice. We are a close family and I can imagine Du is feeling sheepish about now. I know he smokes roll-ups but have never known of anything else. My wife or her sister wouldn't water it down, but Du might have (to save embarrassment). His wife should have access to the charge sheet I guess so it might be hard to lie.

It does seem a heavy penalty, but I know he goes away for weeks at a time working, so don't know the quantity.

I'll just let Dear Por know that the money is available when he calms down, and let him decide.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Personally, I would stay out of it, or as you stated, let them know the $$$ is available, but stay out of it otherwise.

As was suggested, maybe the father wants him to learn a lesson, or there is more to it than you know - either way, going again "Pa has spoken" would also potentially result in a HUGE loss of face for the father. So, be careful.

• Like 2